https://twitter.com/TheDivisionGame/...32020461228035

Womp womp, no updates about TD2 content or Heartland at E3. Was kinda hoping they'd whet our appetite by showing an early look but I guess not : (

Maybe they are further along with their other project, and not ready to show Heartland yet:
    https://www.videogameschronicle.com/...-recon-mashup/

Seems to be a free to play game as well, just like Heartland. I'm still not sure what to think of f2p games yet, but it feels like Ubisoft is putting a lot of their eggs in that basket.

It seems like if The Divisions life as a big budget retail IP isn't dead already this is the start of a shift to a series of F2P spin offs instead. If you can't grab a significant userbase longterm then i wouldn't be surprised to see an assett flip into a battle royale or something to milk impulse fomo buyers for more than a retail price even if they drop it the same day.
    I think part of it is the mainstream consumer starting to hit the live service fatigue wall with too many games trying to insert themselves into their daily life as a second job and on another level after a year of real life viral pandemic and a raid on the capital thats easier to make the first taste free than pay to gamify the misery of 2020 right?

On one hand it sucks because i liked both games but the first especially but the game really never found its footing and dedicated audience to the degree destiny did. Its a shame because third person shooters that aren't "moviegames" so to speak are growing increasingly rare and as a player of stuff like monster hunter the small size co-op experience appeals to me along with the setting but i just think this could be them hoping its another fortnite but we get another Rift or something instead.
    http://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot.co.uk/ Neckbeard rambling about this weeaboo trash

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    It seems like if The Divisions life as a big budget retail IP isn't dead already this is the start of a shift to a series of F2P spin offs instead. If you can't grab a significant userbase longterm then i wouldn't be surprised to see an assett flip into a battle royale or something to milk impulse fomo buyers for more than a retail price even if they drop it the same day.
    Considering there's a F2P title coming out, new content later this year for TD2 that wasn't originally planned, and another Division/Splinter Cell/Ghost Recon mashup codenamed Battlecat? Yeah, not buying this at all.

From what little I've seen it appears Heartland will have a PvE mode as well, so it's not just a possible BR title.

I think part of it is the mainstream consumer starting to hit the live service fatigue wall with too many games trying to insert themselves into their daily life as a second job and on another level after a year of real life viral pandemic and a raid on the capital thats easier to make the first taste free than pay to gamify the misery of 2020 right?
    Division hardly did this to begin with given the lack of a lot of longterm progression pre-opti station, and post-opti station material cost reduction. If anything, a F2P game like Heartland is likely aiming more to try to insert itself into daily life than Division 2 ever did.

i just think this could be them hoping its another fortnite
    Doesn't seem like this at all, especially considering Ubi already tried the BR-proper landscape with Hyper Scape. Which seemed to land with a bit of a thud, which was actually kinda disappointing to me since it eschewed inventory management from BR which was one thing that I really dislike (even if I still don't like BR). Hell, Heartland doesn't even remotely seem set up for anything akin to Fortnite and its BR and its metaverse and building etc. etc. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    From what little I've seen it appears Heartland will have a PvE mode as well, so it's not just a possible BR title.
    If this is true, i'm defo gonna play it. I love Division as a setting and their world building, so a F2P casual game would be nice. I don't even care if there's a BR mode, if i can log in and do some stuff every once in a while i will be fine.
    You tried, and you failed. What have you learned? That's better not to try at all.

I haven't seen anything of the sort, and I've been pretty much immersed in the reddit and official forums lately. Where did you hear about a PVE mode? There's supposedly PVE elements to the game, but that's like saying there are PVE elements to the DZ. It's still a PVP mess.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I haven't seen anything of the sort, and I've been pretty much immersed in the reddit and official forums lately. Where did you hear about a PVE mode? There's supposedly PVE elements to the game, but that's like saying there are PVE elements to the DZ. It's still a PVP mess.
    Fair amount of coverage but - https://apptrigger.com/2021/05/16/di...tland-details/

That’s right, The Division Heartland will feature two game modes. Expedition is a co-op PvE mode that will teach players more about the mystery of Silver Creek while also preparing players for the other game mode, Storm.

Storm is a 45-player PvEvP mode that basically sounds like the Dark Zone mixed with battle royale.

Really hoping Heartland is like Survival from division 1. That was the tit's.

Ugh... I didn't know Heartland was going to be pvp, thats disappointing. (I know TD2 is still there for me).

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Ugh... I didn't know Heartland was going to be pvp, thats disappointing. (I know TD2 is still there for me).
    One of the modes will functionally be dark zone, the other will be some flavor of PvE. Sounds like it'll be to "prep" you for the dark zone mode, but I'm hoping that won't mean it's super limited.

One of the modes will functionally be dark zone, the other will be some flavor of PvE. Sounds like it'll be to "prep" you for the dark zone mode, but I'm hoping that won't mean it's super limited.
    From what you described it sounds like the pve is almost a tutorial. Reminds me a bit of when TD initially released where Darkzone was the intended end game, Heartlands sounds like that concept again.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Damn so it's not Survival from Division 1, since that didn't force PvP. Or maybe it's Squad based Survival? Not sure why they didn't have a Survival mode in Division 2, Survival mode DLC alone was worth the price of admission of the first game.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Not sure why they didn't have a Survival mode in Division 2
    Or Underground, or the horde mode type thingy they added near the end of TD1. Massive just screwed up left and right with TD2, I hope they don't screw up with Heartland as much.

honestly, it sounds like the intro quest Dark zone used to have, short and perfunctory. edited to add, type too slow.

also - I pretty much stopped playing either of the games, but SO STILL plays occasional survival. he hasn't touched D2 since we finished Faye manhunt.

Weird....not sure how I missed that. Thanks for the link.

But it sounds more like a tutorial style game mode rather than a fully realized PVE game. We'll see what happens as development continues, but I'm not optimistic.

That’s right, The Division Heartland will feature two game modes. Expedition is a co-op PvE mode that will teach players more about the mystery of Silver Creek while also preparing players for the other game mode, Storm.

Storm is a 45-player PvEvP mode that basically sounds like the Dark Zone mixed with battle royale.
    They can talk around it as they want but it's just a plain old BR game. The PvEvP thing is just a tutorial and 'Storm' is the bread and butter BR mode. I assume they describe it as 'Darkzone mixed with BR' because of a possible slower pace, cover based nature instead of guns blazing.

I'm not going to be taking part in this game by the looks of it.

That's what i fear. Small PvE missions/campaign to show you how to play the "real" game.
    You tried, and you failed. What have you learned? That's better not to try at all.

There is a pve mode, but it is really limited. It's basically pve survival with less depth. You run around farming gear (only hands/chest/weapons) and gathering resources. There isn't an inventory, you extract what you're wearing. You create loadouts from gear you extract which can then be supply dropped in to the pvp mode after crafting a flare. You craft/use a lot on the go (filters, armor kit, health kit, etc.) using a radial menu. They took out the cover button and cover to cover and made it so you automatically take cover close to walls. You can now slide. You can sneak up behind enemies and execute them. There aren't any skills. If you die, you lose what you are wearing.
    Last edited by Woogs; 2021-06-13 at 06:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Woogs View Post
    There is a pve mode, but it is really limited. It's basically pve survival with less depth. You run around farming gear (only hands/chest/weapons) and gathering resources. There isn't an inventory, you extract what you're wearing. You create loadouts from gear you extract which can then be supply dropped in to the pvp mode after crafting a flare. You craft/use a lot on the go (filters, armor kit, health kit, etc.) using a radial menu. They took out the cover button and cover to cover and made it so you automatically take cover close to walls. You can now slide. You can sneak up behind enemies and execute them. There aren't any skills. If you die, you lose what you are wearing.
    Basically a shit gameplay XD anything that makes Division is taken out.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ub...CAD-01-10abi2f

Massive has a new managing director.

Andrén joins Massive Entertainment from Red Bee Media, an international broadcasting company and the largest access provider in Europe, where he is currently chief operating officer.
    I'm a bit skeptical about bringing in someone from broadcast without a gaming background. I get it, a lot of overlap between skills and whatnot, but it's kinda disappointing they didn't promote from within.