10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Just like WoW, simply increasing the PVE rewards won't actually address the underlying problems with the game mode.
    Destiny is worse at this, but games like this should stop trying to get PvE players to PvP. Some just don't want to. Those 10 headshots for Cayde 6's gun? Took me ages and I agonized through it because I hate Crucible, but I wanted his damned gun.

And in TD2? Really not that jazzed about DZ. Went in a few times, got ganked twice, but had four successful extractions, just not my thing.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Destiny is worse at this, but games like this should stop trying to get PvE players to PvP. Some just don't want to. Those 10 headshots for Cayde 6's gun? Took me ages and I agonized through it because I hate Crucible, but I wanted his damned gun.

And in TD2? Really not that jazzed about DZ. Went in a few times, got ganked twice, but had four successful extractions, just not my thing.
    I have nothing wrong with adding a PVP game mode to a PVE game, so long as those gameplay modes are almost entirely separate from each other. GW2 does this best out of any MMORPG or multiplayer game I've ever seen.

If they want to give cosmetic rewards that can be used in PVE, fine. But taking players with PVE builds and mentalities and trying to drop them into a PVP environment is a recipe for disaster. Worse, pitting them against players with PVP builds and a PVP mindset of seeking out other players with the expressed intent of screwing them out of their PVE rewards is.....stupid.

The only way I've seen this successfully executed is in EVE online. But EVE online's ENTIRE game is, at its core, based on the premise that everywhere(even the "PVE" zones are in truth PVP zones. If The Division was going to take that idea and run with it, say....by making every PVE mission and zone actually like the rules of the Dark Zone....well. Then we'd have a really interesting game on our hands.

It would probably cost them a large number of their PVE players, but it would absolutely attract a larger number of PVP-centric players. Whether or not that would be financially viable is an entirely different discussion, however. EVE online only does it through a pretty entrenched core of players. I'm not sure a new game could get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Servos View Post
    Raid delayed until May because they want to PTR a bunch of balancing changes they are making. Also Dark Zone is going to have drop cap upped to 515 so they can lure all us PVE players there as fodder for the PVP crowd that is sitting around an empty zone
    Wow, just looked it up and it's true. If they give better rewards in PVP than PVE then it's over for me, I have no interest in the DZ at all. Especially if in turn the hard PVE content like heroic missions don't reward anything higher. No idea who assumed that's a good design decision.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Wow, just looked it up and it's true. If they give better rewards in PVP than PVE then it's over for me, I have no interest in the DZ at all. Especially if in turn the hard PVE content like heroic missions don't reward anything higher. No idea who assumed that's a good design decision.
    They have already stated the raid will drop the the highest level gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they increase the DZ to 515, they should do the same for Heroic missions.

Is anyone else getting long load times on PC? I patched the game a short while ago after not playing for a week and now it is taking 5 minutes or so from clicking the icon to getting in game, on a SSD as well.

So I finally got around to farming blueprints for the Hard Wired set and thought (silly me!) that the 450-500 ilevel range meant that it would make something for you close to where you were on that spectrum. Ran Air and Space a few more times for the piece I needed to craft it and made my first piece: 485. My ilevel is 508. There's no way in fucking hell I'm going to bother farming this set if every time I make a piece it can end up in the sub 490 range; what a stupid fucking idea. Even if it churned out 500 ilevel pieces most of them would be seriously sub-optimal and it'd require farming to get a good set, but with the rng involved in getting 6 pieces that are a) 495+ and b) have halfway decent stats? No thanks, Massive, hard pass on this set.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster0 View Post
    Is anyone else getting long load times on PC? I patched the game a short while ago after not playing for a week and now it is taking 5 minutes or so from clicking the icon to getting in game, on a SSD as well.
    It wasn't noticeably worse for me today, but in fairness I set the game to load in and then alt tab for a few 'til it finishes so it may have been longer and I was just too engrossed in surfing the net to notice. Load times are pretty bad overall for me with it, but I don't have an SSD, so.
    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    me: wow, why am I tired and feel like shit?
    body: coffee is not a meal, drink some water
    body: eat a vegetable.
    body: sleep
    me: I guess we'll never know
    body: oh my god.

Same here, i start the game and then pc does literally nothing for several minutes before the game start, game is on external ssd
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post
    It wasn't noticeably worse for me today, but in fairness I set the game to load in and then alt tab for a few 'til it finishes so it may have been longer and I was just too engrossed in surfing the net to notice. Load times are pretty bad overall for me with it, but I don't have an SSD, so.
    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Same here, i start the game and then pc does literally nothing for several minutes before the game start, game is on external ssd
    I noticed since patch it takes a good 2-4 minutes to sit at connecting before it gets to the actual % load circle, since patch last Friday.

Unrelated, my friend is having issues playing it on her laptop. it's a decent gaming laptop that runs Anthem mostly fine, so Division 2 should be able to. We did notice that she has 8gb of ram, and I believe 3gb is being used for VRAM. I'm pretty sure that's below minimum spec so we're debating picking up a 16gb kit. Does that seem to be a good idea?
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

What's worse than the loading times when starting the game are the loading times when you want to quit, it takes pretty much the same time as logging in. When you alt-f4 there is a chance that your profile gets corrupted and an older copy is being restored from uplay. And even worse you have to restart the uplay launcher, or you cannot start another uplay game.

What's worse than the loading times when starting the game are the loading times when you want to quit, it takes pretty much the same time as logging in. When you alt-f4 there is a chance that your profile gets corrupted and an older copy is being restored from uplay. And even worse you have to restart the uplay launcher, or you cannot start another uplay game.
    I honestly cannot say the time for exiting the game has increased for me, at least not noticeably. The situation you are describing does sound quite frustrating though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I noticed since patch it takes a good 2-4 minutes to sit at connecting before it gets to the actual % load circle, since patch last Friday.

Unrelated, my friend is having issues playing it on her laptop. it's a decent gaming laptop that runs Anthem mostly fine, so Division 2 should be able to. We did notice that she has 8gb of ram, and I believe 3gb is being used for VRAM. I'm pretty sure that's below minimum spec so we're debating picking up a 16gb kit. Does that seem to be a good idea?
    Grabbing some additional RAM would certainly be worth a go, In my case he game uses about 7GB system RAM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There have been some posts about it on The Division subreddit, which the devs read/participate on often, so I would assume they are aware of the issue.

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision...xtremely_slow/

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    There have been some posts about it on The Division subreddit, which the devs read/participate on often, so I would assume they are aware of the issue.

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision...xtremely_slow/
    Thanks, there is also a great hint in the thread: In the chat window type /quit and you're golden. You can also type /logout as well but that takes much longer
    Works like a charm!

I’m definitely having performance issues with the game as a whole. It’s sucks up a ton of cpu power some days, other times it uses a ton of disk, and it’s always using about half my 16 gigs of ram. All I have open simultaneously are the game, ~5 chrome windows with shit like gmail going, and ventrilo.
    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    me: wow, why am I tired and feel like shit?
    body: coffee is not a meal, drink some water
    body: eat a vegetable.
    body: sleep
    me: I guess we'll never know
    body: oh my god.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    If they increase the DZ to 515, they should do the same for Heroic missions.
    Much easier to bump up the rewards for their broken badly designed and ill-considered 2nd mistake of a PVP zone than to actually take it back to the drawing board and fix it.

I'm overall pretty happy with TD2, but repeating the mistakes of the Dark Zone from the first game is a definitely black mark against the game. Just glad it's not something I'm interested in. I feel kind of bad for the people that play TD2 for the PVP.

Funnily enough, it's almost exactly the same mistake that WoW is making with War Mode. Simply increasing rewards and incentives WILL get more people to participate, but it won't actually address fundamental issues with the game mode.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post
    So I finally got around to farming blueprints for the Hard Wired set and thought (silly me!) that the 450-500 ilevel range meant that it would make something for you close to where you were on that spectrum. Ran Air and Space a few more times for the piece I needed to craft it and made my first piece: 485. My ilevel is 508. There's no way in fucking hell I'm going to bother farming this set if every time I make a piece it can end up in the sub 490 range; what a stupid fucking idea. Even if it churned out 500 ilevel pieces most of them would be seriously sub-optimal and it'd require farming to get a good set, but with the rng involved in getting 6 pieces that are a) 495+ and b) have halfway decent stats? No thanks, Massive, hard pass on this set.
    The only real hope you have there is if the sets gets improved at a later date. They've talked about set in a couple of the SOTG episodes, and they're aware that they're not really all that good.

Increased loading times aside, I'm more pissed about the fact that the settings get reset everytime I boot up the game now.

Mouse sensitity always back to 30
    DX12 renderer set to no, which means you play with dx11 and all that jazz.
    I don't even know how I tailored most of the stuff anymore until I reached a point where I like it.

Just *how* is it possible to mess up patches like that, every single time, for years/since forever, and still be a company.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2019-04-19 at 12:28 PM.

I found my fav weapon in game, a marksman rifle with lower dmg and higher rate of fire that doesn't need lock and load every shot, it's like a rifle but with headshot dmg bonus and is super strong and much more forgiving than traditional mm rifles
    Rogues are fine ©
    Haste will fix it ©

I found my fav weapon in game, a marksman rifle with lower dmg and higher rate of fire that doesn't need lock and load every shot, it's like a rifle but with headshot dmg bonus and is super strong and much more forgiving than traditional mm rifles
    There are a few things you should look at:

MMRs that have an actual magazine instead of being bolt-action. Take the 12x or 8x scope off them and mod them like an AR. These fire as fast as you can pull the trigger, or near enough.

Rifle class weapons do the same thing, generally with lower damage per bullet, but higher rate of fire. Some of these are REALLY good, and can literally fire as fast as you click the mouse(or pull the trigger on a controller I guess).

There's a pretty broad range of weapons in that class, which fire the way you seem to enjoy. Take a loot at the entire Rifle class of weapons(not Marksman or Assault, JUST rifle), and pick one that suits you. The nice part about it is that you could have a MMR and a Rifle, doubling your ammo availability, but having two weapons that behave in almost the exact same manner.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    There are a few things you should look at:

MMRs that have an actual magazine instead of being bolt-action. Take the 12x or 8x scope off them and mod them like an AR. These fire as fast as you can pull the trigger, or near enough.

Rifle class weapons do the same thing, generally with lower damage per bullet, but higher rate of fire. Some of these are REALLY good, and can literally fire as fast as you click the mouse(or pull the trigger on a controller I guess).

There's a pretty broad range of weapons in that class, which fire the way you seem to enjoy. Take a loot at the entire Rifle class of weapons(not Marksman or Assault, JUST rifle), and pick one that suits you. The nice part about it is that you could have a MMR and a Rifle, doubling your ammo availability, but having two weapons that behave in almost the exact same manner.
    I use the sniper signature scope (+45% headshot -5% crit) and i'm fine with that for most of the time, i use AR or MG as backup weapon for close combat and rushers.
    P.s. how good are green armor sets?
    Rogues are fine ©
    Haste will fix it ©

P.s. how good are green armor sets?
    Right now? Unmitigated weaksauce.

But it's something the devs are aware of, and have said they want to improve. Who knows when that'll be, though.