Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    wait, what? another paid expansion? what did I miss? do you mean warlords of New York? that was out years ago, it looks like new season and other updates are still free with the usual premium optional track
    https://www.windowscentral.com/gamin...-and-story-dlc

I'm apparently misremembering the "paid expansion bit" but I swear I remember seeing some kind of paid DLC in the mix somewhere but I might just be confusing that with the new story DLC.

Fixed the fake news in my post, thanks for the fact check.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.windowscentral.com/gamin...-and-story-dlc

I'm apparently misremembering the "paid expansion bit" but I swear I remember seeing some kind of paid DLC in the mix somewhere but I might just be confusing that with the new story DLC.

Fixed the fake news in my post, thanks for the fact check.
    no problem, and possibly with a paid seasonal track? because there definitely is one and all of the dyes from it are behind the paywall along with some gear, various keys, etc.

Apparently servers are back up. It's buggy. Rogue Agents are dropping purples on Heroic difficulty.

Standard Division patch stuff. I'm still salty they're sticking with this technical mess of a game.

Been playing for a couple of weeks, just about to ding 30 - should I stay and do the WT levels or just go straight to New York? Will I be annihilated in NY with my level 27-29 gear? I assume I should probably at least stay until I've cleared all the main quests?

And on a side-note - man, the developers really want you to hate the various gangs. With all the found videos and recordings it seems that none of the gang members have any redeeming traits - all of 'em are vicious, murdering scumbuckets of the highest order.

Quote Originally Posted by Davemetalhead View Post
    Been playing for a couple of weeks, just about to ding 30 - should I stay and do the WT levels or just go straight to New York? Will I be annihilated in NY with my level 27-29 gear? I assume I should probably at least stay until I've cleared all the main quests?

And on a side-note - man, the developers really want you to hate the various gangs. With all the found videos and recordings it seems that none of the gang members have any redeeming traits - all of 'em are vicious, murdering scumbuckets of the highest order.
    New York, you shouldn't really need much in the way of gear as you'll be replacing it fairly quickly as you level. I would complete the main quests at least, though, as I believe the main missions are a condition of unlocking NY. Side quests you can return back to later, but you'll want to unlock the main stuff at least.

WT's are only a thing for level 30, pre NY and are basically a waste to deal with. Once you reach 40 you unlock the "real" endgame which uses the mission difficulty settings for the world (normal/hard/challenging/heroic, no legendary mode) and you can progress through those as you get gear (drops improve in terms of the rarity/quality of rolls the higher the difficulty).

And yes, that's a carry over from TD1. The various factions are all pretty unapologetically bad guys for the most part. Factions like The Cleaners are pretty fuckin brutal.

I'm reasonably sure that if you skip to NY - you can no longer do the side quests. But if you finish the main DC missions, you still might?

yeah gang members ARE brutal but I do like it that they have at least motivations for their brutality, even if those motivations are fucked up. or that they build relationships among themselves. they are awful and still basically irredeemable, but it adds humanity to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    I'm reasonably sure that if you skip to NY - you can no longer do the side quests. But if you finish the main DC missions, you still might?

yeah gang members ARE brutal but I do like it that they have at least motivations for their brutality, even if those motivations are fucked up. or that they build relationships among themselves. they are awful and still basically irredeemable, but it adds humanity to them.
    Meh, they are tropes of "enemies of the status quo". You, the division executioner is executing order 66 on general populace, but to make them EVIIIIIL they are make to be sadists, murderes, etc (but not rapists, we dont want higher pegi rating) so you dont feel bad about shooting american citizens.

So dinged 30, did one of the strongholds - Roosevelt Island (I think?). Was fun, though long. Decided I'm gonna stick here for a little while and clear the areas to friendly control, and finish all the quests on the map before doing the last couple of strongholds - I believe that is when the World Tiers kick in, after the 3 holds are cleared?

Gotten 60 hours in so far, and can certainly see me doubling that at least - for a game that cost me a tenner I think that's a pretty good return on investment, especially as this isn't normally my kind of game - only managed 20 hours on Div 1 before frustration with the difficulty set-in (I'm not a good games player!)

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Meh, they are tropes of "enemies of the status quo". You, the division executioner is executing order 66 on general populace, but to make them EVIIIIIL they are make to be sadists, murderes, etc (but not rapists, we dont want higher pegi rating) so you dont feel bad about shooting american citizens.
    I don't know... given all the crap we learn about Division itself, and just how much of our targets ARE Rogue Division agents (and this is not a spoiler either, that shit was there from the first game).. one has to wonder who is the villain here. they humanize the mooks, maybe not enough, but they humanize them. And they do make you question sometimes if what you are doing is the right thing.

its not high art or "The Line" or anything, but there is at least some thought put into the story and characters every once in a while.

So, got myself to New York - finished the DC story upto Tier 1 then went to NY. On a side-note, that Capitol mission was a doozy, trying to find cover avoiding mortars, the auto-cannon and mobs - think I went through all 4 armour kits just to get to the building itself (yeah I know, I'm not good at this!)

While leveling from 31, should I be extracting stuff for my recal library, or is it not worth doing until I get level 40 gear? I assume I won't be amending any of my gear while leveling.

resurrecting this thread as I have just finished the latest manhunt and just... sigh... honestly, this was as bad if not worse then Fay Lau's manhunt. its like... they write something that has so much potential.. only to fumble it. try to fix it, story starts actualy going somewhere... only to fumble it again. I just... it was just disappointing as heck and it doesn't have that the final boss fight was some annoying anticlimactic bullshit in terms of mechanics as well as the story...