So, watched the world first race a little last night. It was super fun to see those guys going in blind and stumble upon mechanics they have no clue how to use

From what i've seen, first boss is a literal cakewalk - literally the same as Dragov but easier since they don't have the killer nailguns. People just dropped the shield adds and then nuked the boss while one got to his back and destryoed the backpack weakpoint.

Second boss was a clusterfuck XD didn't even see if they did it in the end (i suppose yes obviously) but there are so many things to do - only 3 people actually engage the boss, the rest is outside doing various stuff.

Cannot wait to try it, it looks really good.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Dragov is the easiest fight with Negotiators Dilemma. Blind fire from behind cover. It's a joke even on heroic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everything with more that one target is easy with ND 8-)

Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    Everything with more that one target is easy with ND 8-)
    True. But with tje dragov mechanic, his bodyguards share his damage. So it sets up this qeird harmonic where you're multiplying damage to all the marks, then also sharing it back to the bodyguards.

It still takes an asston of rounds. But it's definitely one of the easier boss fights.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw, did they beat the raid yet? I was listening to a pre-recorded Gameydaddy vid at work, and he was talking about how much the teams were struggling.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did not. Watched some rando streamer on my 2nd screen while I was transmog farming in WoW. Got a bit repetitive after the so-many wipe on the fire Captain boss that I turned it off again. That was all I saw of the raid tbh.

I also never saw/done the first raid tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post

Btw, did they beat the raid yet? I was listening to a pre-recorded Gameydaddy vid at work, and he was talking about how much the teams were struggling.
    Yes, raid has been completed. But apparently it came out that some sort of very detailed documentation leaked and the winning team used it to get an advantage. I didn't really followed it, but some clanmates managed to get their hands on the doc and while it's very generic for the most part, there's some very detailed explanation about certain mechanics that can make it much much easier, especially in figuring out how to actually beat the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Yes, raid has been completed. But apparently it came out that some sort of very detailed documentation leaked and the winning team used it to get an advantage. I didn't really followed it, but some clanmates managed to get their hands on the doc and while it's very generic for the most part, there's some very detailed explanation about certain mechanics that can make it much much easier, especially in figuring out how to actually beat the boss.
    This is my shocked face: |-_-|

Out of curiosity, have the revealed how this documentation got leaked? Or why it even existed in the first place?

Hahahah! Looks like the drama llama is running full speed on the official forums about the raid leaks.

I guess the train raid was a train wreck. Hur hur!

(i can't believe I made that joke.....)

I've been seeing something about that. Someone glitched into the raid on the PTS or on live and got some early practice or something?

Don't much care personally, but I'm surprised to see that there's really any kind of significant "racing" for endgame content >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I've been seeing something about that. Someone glitched into the raid on the PTS or on live and got some early practice or something?

Don't much care personally, but I'm surprised to see that there's really any kind of significant "racing" for endgame content >.>
    It wasn't just that. If that's all it was then it wouldn't be an issue. The glitched access was only the first room, and the player got melted fast by raid enemies. The first boss was also a bit of a joke anyway.

But it was that plus the leaked guide, detailing strategies, that one raid team used. Marcostyle admitted to using the DPS hack back in the day and getting away with it. Then there was the bug with season 2 premium track that gave people all the rewards. And delta disconnects during the raid itself.

The entire raid and everything surrounding it is a three ring circus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone really care tho?

I mean, I'm sure Massive cares and I just assume they want a 'Destiny 2 style' world first race with thousands of viewers (=publicity) and make a big thing out of it, but lets be honest here that Div2 isn't in the same ballpark as Destiny :P

I wouldn't be surprised if the leak was intentional so that the 'race' wouldn't drag out over so many days due to unclear puzzles or mechanics. Or people doing the wrong thing and start complaining that the game doesn't function (since we all know how badly Massive wants people to play the game the way they want you to play it - like the discussion of a few weeks ago where they said "Legendary isn't hard, you're just doing it wrong". I can partly get behind that but instead of streamlining it for a broader audience they just say git gud).

This is my shocked face: |-_-|

Out of curiosity, have the revealed how this documentation got leaked? Or why it even existed in the first place?
    Seems they are internal documents used to design the raid. Pretty normal stuff basically, like the periodic report of the design team that updates others/supervisors about the project status. It's not like it was something like "to kill boss A you need to do X Y and Z in order". But it was something like "X has this function, we decided to change trigger from A to B" and such.

Anyway, with that info and some brainpower you could easily figure out tactics to use against bosses. People is already on the "it was on the internet, available to everyone, so it's not cheating", which i kinda agree with (as it bas basically standard leaks that happen with any game) if we exclude the fact it was some sort of competition.

Give it was a public world first RACE, then it's shit. My clan decided to just go blind, don't watch videos and figure things by ourselves. First boss is a cakewalk, second is all mechanics.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    I went 3 pieces directive + pestilence BTSU gloves hive and providence head so basically a bleed spec. Went full status effects everywhere but I didn't feel the damage rolling like when I play 4 negotiator + 2 LMG bonus set with pestilence again.

Not sure if Im doing it wrong there would like some opinions.
    Status effects and damage don't go really well imho, especially since Bleed isn't exactly strong, even with Directive. Only real damage status effect is the fire chem because it ticks for like 350k but it's super clunky to use and basically nearly useless in open field.

Instead if i go full red i get my LMG hit for 400k, and pestilence tick for like 850k.

As i mentioned, Directive is basically a weapon damage build and Vile/bleeds etc are just more damage you get for free. My M1A still crits for 2 millions, there's basically no competition.

Must be said though that builds are prefectly fine to do stuff around. In solo the biggest issue is to kill enough enemies to not be swarmed, and all builds can do that, with different speeds. I can play my HW with Cluster/Acid Chem and it's perfectly fine to play even in solo, though i shoot a lot because Harmony is superb.

Basically, Red builds have big burst and all frontload damage. The total damage is not higher, but the speed definitely increases.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    Does anyone really care tho?
    Basically this. The "race" is just a publicity stunt, and it just worked. Lots of views on Twitch, people talking about it, etc. It did its job.

Did they hint anything towards nerfing Headhunter btw?

Shield + Sniper + Liberty (or any high dmg pistole, Liberty is not even the best possible choice) turns the game into rush mode where you can actually always press "W" as long as you don't have to defeat multiple waves and only clear rooms. (as anything else will force you to wait for spawns)

For example, I did National Zoo the other day on heroic and during the endboss-fight, I was standing right in front of the doors and would basically one tap all 4-5 enemys that would spawn out of it with my pistol, while being invincibile due to the shield.
    It's actually bugged too, you can "extend" the 30 seconds by switching weapons, the buff refreshes and starts counting down from 30 again (you lose some damage though because the pistol can't accumulate as much extra damage as the sniper)

So.. I am running a bulwark build, using Liberty, my Liberty is garbage rolled, is there a way to reroll stats or do I have to dust it and refarm a new one?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    So.. I am running a bulwark build, using Liberty, my Liberty is garbage rolled, is there a way to reroll stats or do I have to dust it and refarm a new one?
    Check the blueprint vendor. Its stock rotates every week. If I am correct a blueprint will show up in the rotation once you own the weapon. With that you can reroll the weapon, discarding the current rolls.

Requires exotic materials on top of general materials. You get the exotic materials from deconstruction exotics.

Basically this. The "race" is just a publicity stunt, and it just worked. Lots of views on Twitch, people talking about it, etc. It did its job.
    At what cost though?

There's a lot of negativity surrounding the raid, on top of an already disgruntled playerbase at tje bugs, loot, and lack of content in other areas.

And that doesn't even consider that they spent a year developing raid 2...all for a single day PR stunt that was compromised by leaks and cheaters?

Seems pretty inefficient and incompetent to me
    Extremely short term gain for long term loss.

At what cost though?

There's a lot of negativity surrounding the raid, on top of an already disgruntled playerbase at tje bugs, loot, and lack of content in other areas.

And that doesn't even consider that they spent a year developing raid 2...all for a single day PR stunt that was compromised by leaks and cheaters?

Seems pretty inefficient and incompetent to me
    Extremely short term gain for long term loss.
    Honestly? I don't care because this is an extremely irrelevant thing to me and my gameplay (not the part regarding bugs, balancing/revamp, lack of content). People right now is focusing on the wrong thing.

They're giving it visibility while they should just ingore it and it would just die and not done again. The goal is to make people talk and they did it.

EDIT: i get people is mad, for the right reasons. But being mad doesn't do anything. Has never accomplished anything. They either stop playing/buying or it doesn't change anything.

Why did we get a huge revamp for TU10? because people burned out of the M1A meta so fast the season wasn't even ended.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2020-07-02 at 12:06 PM.

Honestly? I don't care because this is an extremely irrelevant thing to me and my gameplay (not the part regarding bugs, balancing/revamp, lack of content).
    Yeah...that's not really true. Because if they'd taken the resources they expended on the raid and applied that to the rest of the game, then all of the things you mentioned would be better.

Bugs would have that many more people fixing them.
    Balancing/Revamp would have been done sooner, and with more fairness because it wouldn't be warped to fit the raid(this was the stated reason by the devs for the TU10 balance pass. Not because of the M1A, but because of the raid).
    Content such as Skyscrapers might be out for everyone, or maybe season 2 would have new events and challenges instead of recycled Season 1 crap.

I agree that people are focusing on the wrong thing by being mad at the leaks and cheats. But the more people who talk about how bad it is helps, IMO.

But anyway, I've said my peace. I just hope the possible DLC being announced is something decent, and that Massive learns from this whole fiasco.

10+ Year Old Account
    New DLC will have to be something else than WoNY brought tho. NY looks a lot better than DC, but it’s the exact same activities as DC in a different setting.

The only reason I go to NY (apart from a targetted loot option) is just that, a change of scenery. Could have just expanded n the playable DC area tbh

I just hope the possible DLC being announced is something decent, and that Massive learns from this whole fiasco.
    That's what i hope aswell. Right now i have plenty of stuff to do, hope to step into the raid tonight or next week, and hope for a Regulus drop

Point is, techically the raid is good, as the first one was. As you said, instead of focusing into the raid, they should bring out this kind of content for everyone making new game modes like the leaked skyscraper (which honestly looks an awful lot like Thorghast )