Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yes, but you need to get some pieces for the exotic chest armor from the lower levels. They apparently have a chance to drop from chests (which appear every 3 or so floors?) and there's in in 1-10 and 1 in 11-20 to get.
    Ok, i was going to do at least 1 run to unlock every checkpoint because OCD anyway. I am definitely dusty, but honestly, it really seems that either Summit is tuned really badly or they fucked up the AI all over again. Everyone's a rusher, sniper shotguns, etc. Rogue agents basically doing 1.5million damage in 3 seconds.

I'm pretty sure that if i go in a group, it will be piss easy.

- - - Updated - - -

Edit 2: Also WTF DID THEY DO TO FLAME TURRET. I guess I never used it in TD2 but like...it has a small frontal cone it shoots in and that's it? You freakin kidding me? Picked it up first to use to CC enemies while I shotgunned them on my alt and was absolutely crushed to see it become so utterly worthless.

What the fucking fuck man, I'm legit annoyed by this and I don't know why.
    Yeah, it's a kind of "area negation" skill. It's insanely good if you place it in front of the spawn points, but everywhere else it's useless.

EDIT: i think i'll focus on the league and manhunt first, since it'll be pretty easy to do. Some fast timed runs and then clear the bleeds/elite (spamming Riker hostage events with directive build).
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reddit is... awkwardly quiet on this update. There aren’t many negative or positive posts at all. Just some generic posts but not much babble about TU11 in the slightest.

Depending on how you look at it, it either means TU11 is just fine or there was a dropoff in players?

Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    Reddit is... awkwardly quiet on this update. There aren’t many negative or positive posts at all. Just some generic posts but not much babble about TU11 in the slightest.

Depending on how you look at it, it either means TU11 is just fine or there was a dropoff in players?
    I think the live service bubble is finally starting to pop, at least a little. Avengers didn't exactly do gangbusters, the buzz for the next destiny update seems none existent and the division is struggling to deal with the same along with ubisofts recent "boy thats a LOT of sexpests at the higher up levels of the company" scandals going on.

I would love to say maybe people are tired of paying for games that 9/10 are broken on release with promises to patch or be anthem'ed and maybe the "keep the player locked in our storefront ecosystem" idea of games you constantly graze on is a relic of this gen we can move on but without personal bias i think the only significant change has been all the live models trying to jump to a seasonal or battlepass brand of fomo to generate interest. I think thats probably generated a lot of fatigue and when the only advert for this update i've seen has been "JUMP IN FOR SEASON 3!" that doesn't suggest a significant update, just different cosmetics to grind the same shit for. Doesn't mean its true but 'seasons' by and large are growing to mean a specific thing in most live service games that doesn't seem to have taken off.

-also bare in mind on PS4 at least only 40% of players hit max level, 13% made an exotic, 15% did the first dlc, 8% of players played warlords of new york. Less than 2% did the seasons. It could be different on pc, probably not on xbox since that was kind of dead on arrival, but 2% of people that bought warlords on ps4 played through the seasons. 2% of 8% of launch numbers from people that got the trophy in an always online game thats like 300 players. Thats not a lot of players TO care y'know?
    Last edited by dope_danny; 2020-09-23 at 01:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Want to play this game again while I wait for Shadowlands, but have no idea where to start and what to do. I stopped after the first raid. So it is a long time ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I think the live service bubble is finally starting to pop, at least a little. Avengers didn't exactly do gangbusters, the buzz for the next destiny update seems none existent and the division is struggling to deal with the same along with ubisofts recent "boy thats a LOT of sexpests at the higher up levels of the company" scandals going on.

I would love to say maybe people are tired of paying for games that 9/10 are broken on release with promises to patch or be anthem'ed and maybe the "keep the player locked in our storefront ecosystem" idea of games you constantly graze on is a relic of this gen we can move on but without personal bias i think the only significant change has been all the live models trying to jump to a seasonal or battlepass brand of fomo to generate interest. I think thats probably generated a lot of fatigue and when the only advert for this update i've seen has been "JUMP IN FOR SEASON 3!" that doesn't suggest a significant update, just different cosmetics to grind the same shit for. Doesn't mean its true but 'seasons' by and large are growing to mean a specific thing in most live service games that doesn't seem to have taken off.

-also bare in mind on PS4 at least only 40% of players hit max level, 13% made an exotic, 15% did the first dlc, 8% of players played warlords of new york. Less than 2% did the seasons. It could be different on pc, probably not on xbox since that was kind of dead on arrival, but 2% of people that bought warlords on ps4 played through the seasons. 2% of 8% of launch numbers from people that got the trophy in an always online game thats like 300 players. Thats not a lot of players TO care y'know?
    Live serves will continue to go but games that don't do it right won't do...gangbusters. Honestly I think the live service hate is over the top.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by GoKs View Post
    Want to play this game again while I wait for Shadowlands, but have no idea where to start and what to do. I stopped after the first raid. So it is a long time ago.
    You have WONY expansion with the new story, then you have season with a new event every week basically. it's still the old TD2, a little better now that they are adding stuff over time. Even just items/exotics/sets are a great thing to spice up gameplay.

So, i totally want the Memento backpack, and it's lvl90 in the season. @SirCowdog hybrid build 2.0 is coming and it's gonna be insane.

Reinstalled TD1 and remembered why I stopped playing (fullscreen at 1080p doesn't actually fill my 2K monitor and just displays the 1080p image as part of the screen). But damn...running around feels way faster and has much better animations - sprinting looks a lot better and a lot less like the Gears of War sprinting where your butt hardly moves.

The game is rough in so many ways when it comes to the UI etc, but even popping into a quick Underground the diversity of rooms in the first few was already more than I saw in nearly 10 floors of Summit.

Man, my kingdom for them to "remaster" TD1 with updated systems and UI. Damn the atmosphere is fantastic to boot.

Just the additional seasonal rewards, but I haven't even been able to look at what they are thanks to infinite manhunt cinematic loop.

And I don't think anybody knows the source of the bug yet, but fo. The CM was in Reddit earlier grabbing info/videos/usernames from folks who have run into it.

Edit: Seems to be caused by trying to view the season track poking around a bit. And that holding ESC might force you out of it. Amusingly, this was apparently a bug on the PTS in the very first build that was not addressed.

Edit 2: Also WTF DID THEY DO TO FLAME TURRET. I guess I never used it in TD2 but like...it has a small frontal cone it shoots in and that's it? You freakin kidding me? Picked it up first to use to CC enemies while I shotgunned them on my alt and was absolutely crushed to see it become so utterly worthless.

What the fucking fuck man, I'm legit annoyed by this and I don't know why.
    The only way to use it that I've seen is to overcharge and drop it. The cone at tier 6 overcharge turns into like 200 degrees or something. You can nuke an entire half a room. But you can also set yourself on fire, which is idiotic.

The flame turret falls right there with the deflector shield and the bomber drone. Novelty skills that you'd never actually use regularly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    So, i totally want the Memento backpack, and it's lvl90 in the season. @SirCowdog hybrid build 2.0 is coming and it's gonna be insane.
    That backpack is the only ray of hope this patch, IMO. If it even works halfway like the description, it will enable so many different builds!

Reinstalled TD1 and remembered why I stopped playing (fullscreen at 1080p doesn't actually fill my 2K monitor and just displays the 1080p image as part of the screen). But damn...running around feels way faster and has much better animations - sprinting looks a lot better and a lot less like the Gears of War sprinting where your butt hardly moves.

The game is rough in so many ways when it comes to the UI etc, but even popping into a quick Underground the diversity of rooms in the first few was already more than I saw in nearly 10 floors of Summit.

Man, my kingdom for them to "remaster" TD1 with updated systems and UI. Damn the atmosphere is fantastic to boot.
    And the DLC were non mandatory content, instead they were side activities. So player base was not segmented that much.

And survival beat everything div2 has.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    And survival beat everything div2 has.
    I stopped playing before Div1 finished adding updates, so my info may be out of date.

But....

Everyone always falls over themselves talking about how good Survival was. But when I was playing it, all everyone did was just rush to the end. It wasn't survival, it was a speedrun race. Over in 10-15 minutes tops. Once everyone knew where to go, that was the end of the struggle to survive.

Did they ever change that? Randomize the locations of the best loot? Or add a solo mode(which was one of the most highly requested features IIRC).

Anyway, I thought survival had a lot of potential, but with fatal flaws that really destroyed what the game mode could have been.

Still better than Skyscraper tho....

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I stopped playing before Div1 finished adding updates, so my info may be out of date.

But....

Everyone always falls over themselves talking about how good Survival was. But when I was playing it, all everyone did was just rush to the end. It wasn't survival, it was a speedrun race. Over in 10-15 minutes tops. Once everyone knew where to go, that was the end of the struggle to survive.

Did they ever change that? Randomize the locations of the best loot? Or add a solo mode(which was one of the most highly requested features IIRC).

Anyway, I thought survival had a lot of potential, but with fatal flaws that really destroyed what the game mode could have been.

its pretty much the same as ever. race to the static supply spawns before everyone else can, do your best to make it into dark zone first so that you have your run of division tech, gather enough to craft a yourself a good weapon, extract.

- - - Updated - - -

ok. tried summit - for manhunt. holy mother of god, it actualy makes me nostalgic for Kenly college.

its. so. bad. its like West side piers in D1... but much worse and more monotonous.

But....

Played it offline without other players, didnt research any loot location and anything so for me it was atmospheric exploration with high stakes.

Using clothes to warm yourself, standing near a fire, scavenging in hostile enviroment. That mode alone hat more thoughts put into it that the entire warlords of new york and skyscraper combined...

Ok, played quite a bunch of Summit last night. And i must say it's totally crap.

REALLY. It's the same as Legendary missions - once you reach level 81, go Turret or die. It's completely stupid and nonsensical. Enemies HP looks fine, they go down pretty fast, but they're basically a bazillion, multiple healers/techs with their stupid healing crates, they're all the white BT that are basically cheesing everything they have to kill you. Everything oneshots or two shots you.

So you just go with multiple EMPs to negate most of their tools, one healer and turrets/drones that do the job for you while you turtle back - exactly like Legendary missions that are utter crap.

Solo is next to impossible. Objectives that spawn directly near the spawn points, so you interact with a pc and enemies spawn directly behind you and decimate you. It's a complete and utter drag. I AM GONNA DO IT because i want the stuff inside but once done, i'm just avoid it.

Too bad, since the actual game mode is not terrible. It's varied enough and it's a breath of fresh air.

EDIT: the random directives are also kinda shit. But you can just die until you find a good combo (usually map/no regen/ammo hoarder or special ammo) and it's still playable.

Played it offline without other players, didnt research any loot location and anything so for me it was atmospheric exploration with high stakes.

Using clothes to warm yourself, standing near a fire, scavenging in hostile enviroment. That mode alone hat more thoughts put into it that the entire warlords of new york and skyscraper combined...
    Which is all true....the first 2-3 times you do it. But then you start to realize that everything is always in the same spot, and it loses all sense of "survival". That was the fatal flaw with it.

And all they had to do was to randomize locations of loot boxes. That's it. How hard would that have been? But no. Lazy devs are still lazy, even back then.

Ok, played quite a bunch of Summit last night. And i must say it's totally crap.

REALLY. It's the same as Legendary missions - once you reach level 81, go Turret or die. It's completely stupid and nonsensical. Enemies HP looks fine, they go down pretty fast, but they're basically a bazillion, multiple healers/techs with their stupid healing crates, they're all the white BT that are basically cheesing everything they have to kill you. Everything oneshots or two shots you.

So you just go with multiple EMPs to negate most of their tools, one healer and turrets/drones that do the job for you while you turtle back - exactly like Legendary missions that are utter crap.

Solo is next to impossible. Objectives that spawn directly near the spawn points, so you interact with a pc and enemies spawn directly behind you and decimate you. It's a complete and utter drag. I AM GONNA DO IT because i want the stuff inside but once done, i'm just avoid it.

Too bad, since the actual game mode is not terrible. It's varied enough and it's a breath of fresh air.

EDIT: the random directives are also kinda shit. But you can just die until you find a good combo (usually map/no regen/ammo hoarder or special ammo) and it's still playable.
    Is there really a point to suffer only for digital rewards?

- - - Updated - - -

Which is all true....the first 2-3 times you do it. But then you start to realize that everything is always in the same spot, and it loses all sense of "survival". That was the fatal flaw with it.

And all they had to do was to randomize locations of loot boxes. That's it. How hard would that have been? But no. Lazy devs are still lazy, even back then.
    The location is randomized and you can run really far off at the beginning.

The location is randomized and you can run really far off at the beginning.
    Yes, but the map itself doesn't ever change. And once you know the locations of things, it's REALLY easy to just sprint to the closest. That's why survival is just a race, and not actually survival.

- - - Updated - - -

I gave it some more time and got up to level 61.

The loot and exp are really bad. Just not enough of it to make it worthwhile. Farming open world events is far better.

I'm really struggling to find a reason to do the place at all.

Is there really a point to suffer only for digital rewards?
    I wouldn't call it suffering if the reward is objectively good. The way to get it though.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, but the map itself doesn't ever change. And once you know the locations of things, it's REALLY easy to just sprint to the closest. That's why survival is just a race, and not actually survival.

- - - Updated - - -

I gave it some more time and got up to level 61.

The loot and exp are really bad. Just not enough of it to make it worthwhile. Farming open world events is far better.

I'm really struggling to find a reason to do the place at all.
    As said, the exotic chest. Then forget.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see it did the right thing holding back on re-installing

As said, the exotic chest. Then forget.
    Is the exotic chest even worth slogging through 100 floors though? There's only a 20% chance of it dropping on each section, which is some stupid RNG bullshit.

I don't know. Bleeding enemies that are close could be good if combined with the new shotgun/smg set and a piece of regen gear maybe. I suppose 4pc ongoing directive with the backpack to increase bleed damage by 100% plus one piece Belstone Armory or something.

Not really worth the grind, IMO. Maybe if directives become optional one day. But I'm sick of low RNG drops for exotics in super-hard content.

-snip-
    It's a project though. Not a random drop. You need to clear bosses, then do some other stuff (donation and kill some hunters) and then you get it in an exotic crate.

It's a pretty strong exotic. As for the build, directive is just suboptimal - it works best with big magazine weapons like LMG. You get 2 pieces of the new set for 15% shotgun dmg, 1 badger, eclipse backpack for free 30% amplify, the rest is free, you can go full badger for defense or offensive or a mix. Weapon is the Mop for the sweet 10% armor on kill and roll Sadist on it. I'm going Gunner for another 10% armor on kill, and Forge for 50% shield hp since i'm gonna use the crusader.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2020-09-25 at 10:35 AM.