10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Which is nonsense, because I'm one of the most aggressive players I've ever seen. I'm constantly moving and pushing the enemy.

NPCs flank even when it makes no sense for them to do so. They rush because they know they have 10x the hitpoints of the player, and can afford to take the damage while they close.

And snipers...holy crap. These days they'll shoot the little finger off you if it's sticking out of cover, especially Elite warhound snipers. Those things are the devil.
    I'm fully with you on that. If I ever find that post I'll remember to post it here. Made zero sense to wave away player complaints with a 'you're doing it wrong - people just need figure out how the AI works' counter argument.

Because you can form groups of 4 people all with turret/drone, or 3 turret/drone builds and a Foam/Fire build. You have wipe protection via multiple players. You have enemy fire completely unfocused as they shoot at 6-8 deployables instead of players, all while being CC'd. It's basically EZ mode, so no wonder people want more legendary missions.
    Eh, it's not like being in 4 makes it easier. At least in Summit the increased spawns are really bad when you start grouping up. But as you said, given the strategy it's still a plus since you're minimizing your time out and if you die other people can bring you up.

In solo i played drone/turret, Hunter's, memento shield/pistol, and they're basically all equally viable as in they have all the same shortcomings.

Funnily enough, if you fine the drones, Deflector shied is just awesome because most of the time they shoot at your body and damn if it's effective. They do a truckload of damage, so you're bouncing that in their face. It's a mostly blue/yellow build, but it works albeit at a slower pace. Hunter melts people faces, but they also melt you.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

On a completely different random note:

For some reason now I can do the Classified missions. I never bought the year pass to get it. I'm currently on the second one, and I'm not gonna question it. Bug or not.
    This last patch, Massive accidentally gave out the year 1 pass to everyone who preordered WONY. If you played in the first 24 hours after the patch launched, you got to keep it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision...ership_update/

Quote Originally Posted by Woogs View Post
    This last patch, Massive accidentally gave out the year 1 pass to everyone who preordered WONY. If you played in the first 24 hours after the patch launched, you got to keep it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision...ership_update/
    Huh....well, i wont look a gift horse in the mouth. Those extra fast travel points are handy. They should do the right thing and give it to all WONY players, or include it with purchase of the next season pass or something.

Huh....well, i wont look a gift horse in the mouth. Those extra fast travel points are handy. They should do the right thing and give it to all WONY players, or include it with purchase of the next season pass or something.
    I mean...they already did the right thing by not revoking it despite their mistake. I don't think they're gonna just give away the S1 content, those are quite a few missions plus auto-unlocks for specializations for free. Don't get me wrong, that would be pretty righteous of them if they gave it away to everyone with WONY who played this season, but given that the game isn't apparently doing super hot financially to begin with I doubt they're going to limit revenue opportunities.

15+ Year Old Account
    As much as I like both Division games I genuinely wonder what turns most players away, I can only imagine it's either the bullet sponge mechanics or how incredibly squishy the player is and I'll take a guess and say it's the latter, the bullet sponge is barely a big deal but almost dying from 1 grenade is what personally boils my piss. It is a shame the game ain't more popular as there is a lot to like and they have made the game so much better with patches but if they're going to release a 3rd they need to go in a different direction because this one clearly isn't working overall.

I also wonder if the usual Ubisoft approach works as well, if anyone played this on release and stopped after a few months they would come back now and agree the game is far far superior to then, the same also applied to Odyssey for me and now Breakpoint, it's good they patch stuff in later on but I almost get the feeling I'm better off waiting a year to buy anything Ubisoft related as I know it's going to be much better than the release.
    Last edited by Naoto; 2020-10-12 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I mean...they already did the right thing by not revoking it despite their mistake. I don't think they're gonna just give away the S1 content, those are quite a few missions plus auto-unlocks for specializations for free. Don't get me wrong, that would be pretty righteous of them if they gave it away to everyone with WONY who played this season, but given that the game isn't apparently doing super hot financially to begin with I doubt they're going to limit revenue opportunities.
    Include access to the missions with the purchase of season 4 or something, as an added incentive. Leave the specialization unlocks out. That's content and objectives people should do anyway, IMO.

is Jeferson center bugged for league? or I'm just lucky? cause its on a league list for me, but I don't actualy have an option to set it to timed run when AT the mission O_O
    we even cleared invasion, thinking maybe that was a problem but nope... still missing.

edited... sigh.. and then out of sheer curiocity, I set it to hard, had the world reload and there it was... league O_O

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are there no events in literally any zone for the weekly, except for stupid supply drops?

I hate supply drops. "Hey lets have mobs swarm you from every direction, that's fun, right?"
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Why are there no events in literally any zone for the weekly, except for stupid supply drops?

I hate supply drops. "Hey lets have mobs swarm you from every direction, that's fun, right?"
    Did you reset all your control points? Hostile events don't generally show up if all the CPs are friendly.

Did you reset all your control points? Hostile events don't generally show up if all the CPs are friendly.
    This. Since they changed the CP reset to manual, you can just do the ones you want and reset them infinite times.

Another note about Summit: managed to complete it and unlock Ridgeway project. Must say that it's been actually not that bad to do 91-100 for a couple of friends. The difference? They have their hands complete of all fingers in the right places. People knew what to do, we oneshot it basically. And it's been fun doing it, despite all the shortcomings.

Now that i have the project, i don't know if i'll ever step into it ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    QuaLitY rEPEAtabLe coNteNt

Honestly, I've fallen off in a big way. I'll poke around a bit more once they push the Summit changes live next week, and maybe I'm setting myself up for disappointment, but nothing about the updates really gets me remotely hot and bothered. Really, Summit was the main thing I was waiting for to see how the future of the game would shape up as I'm pretty much "bored" with basic build tinkering and running the same missions a bajillion times with little to no variety. And based on this...yeah, the way they're going is not my cup-o-tea.

Which remains a damned shame, because the core gunplay, movement, and (more or less) gear/skill building elements of the game are solid.

I hope you still have hunters to kill in the open world. Otherwise, back to kenly tower.

QuaLitY rEPEAtabLe coNteNt

Honestly, I've fallen off in a big way. I'll poke around a bit more once they push the Summit changes live next week, and maybe I'm setting myself up for disappointment, but nothing about the updates really gets me remotely hot and bothered. Really, Summit was the main thing I was waiting for to see how the future of the game would shape up as I'm pretty much "bored" with basic build tinkering and running the same missions a bajillion times with little to no variety. And based on this...yeah, the way they're going is not my cup-o-tea.

Which remains a damned shame, because the core gunplay, movement, and (more or less) gear/skill building elements of the game are solid.
    Well, there's supposedly the new Kenly College event soon. Who knows what that will be. Probably another meh.

I think what they really need to do is make Legendary a little more accessible. Not a lot, mind you. Just take the edge of ridiculous off it with the drone spam, the nade spam, and the damage through walls and such.

But I think the game might be reaching the limits of its initial design and programming. The current team of devs has nowhere else to go. They have used up the small well of creativity that they had to begin with. So I think Div 3 would be the only real salvation. And given the way Div2 didn't learn from the first game, I don't have high hopes for any future releases either.

Like you said, a damned shame.

Exactly. I think i'll keep doing seasons/apparel events and maybe even buying the battle pass, but that's it. Because i like collecting stuff. For example, we did the legaue in like 40 minutes the day it came out, did the Summit thing to unlock the project and now i'm not logging in anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Woogs View Post
    I hope you still have hunters to kill in the open world. Otherwise, back to kenly tower.
    With new update the project is getting changed to either 2 rogue agents or hunters - so i can just spam control points until they pop out. I did the whole named kills thing already so i only miss those.

- - - Updated - - -

So I think Div 3 would be the only real salvation.
    If they do another game, then i'm not gonna buy it and drop all support. They didn't need to do even a division 2 - the first one was actually fixed and when they could expand the world and whole game, they decided to start from scratch which is the worst decision they made. If washington was sold as a huge xpack for the first game, we would be in a way better situation now. Everything we have now could have been part of the first game
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2020-10-16 at 07:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    100% on this!

If they do another game, then i'm not gonna buy it and drop all support. They didn't need to do even a division 2 - the first one was actually fixed and when they could expand the world and whole game, they decided to start from scratch which is the worst decision they made. If washington was sold as a huge xpack for the first game, we would be in a way better situation now. Everything we have now could have been part of the first game
    And 100% on this!

At it's core I love the Division based on gameplay/setting/visuals it'd be easily ranked in the top 3 of my favorite games of the past 10 years - if it wasn't for the horrendous way how it's being handled.

The most irritating thing is their cycles. They made Division 1 work eventually (1100 or so hours in it) and then started square 1 with Division 2. They might turn this one around and by the time it's on tracks they'll announce Division 3 and I'll bet my left leg on it that it'll be the same utter shite as Division 2.

We StArTeD WorKinG oN DiVisIon3 SepAraTlY of DiV2 anD dIdn'T HAvE TimE To InCluDe AlL ChAnGes of DiV2 inTo DiV3 - TwO DiFfeRenT TeamZ WhErE WorkInG oN iT!

(I really love the game a lot but I just can't stand it either, thats why I keep checking the forum posts and the reddit hoping to find a beacon of light telling me the game made a huge positive swing )
    Last edited by Nutri; 2020-10-16 at 07:56 AM.

Exactly. I think i'll keep doing seasons/apparel events and maybe even buying the battle pass, but that's it. Because i like collecting stuff. For example, we did the legaue in like 40 minutes the day it came out, did the Summit thing to unlock the project and now i'm not logging in anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

With new update the project is getting changed to either 2 rogue agents or hunters - so i can just spam control points until they pop out. I did the whole named kills thing already so i only miss those.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree that they should have kept iterating on division 1.

But the case for a 3rd game rests on what I feel are two powerful arguments:

Next gen consoles using SSDs instead of discs.

Clean slate to ideally correct existing flaws that exist at the fundamental level: Lack of focus involving PVPVE split balance and raid vs small unit/solo focus.

I don't see how they can reconcile these things in the existing game.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    They made Division 1 work eventually
    Exactly my point. I followed the game but bought it basically just before D2 was announced. So i have like 30 hours on it?

But they took years to make the game actually good, and even if starting point was abysmal then they ended doing a really good product. But suddenly they decided it wasn't worth anymore investing on it (at the peak of its popularity) and make a sequel, that had improvements but for the most part was going back to square one.

I don't get it. They have some really good ideas and core gameplay is very solid. However implementation of everything else falls short on most aspects.

Exactly my point. I followed the game but bought it basically just before D2 was announced. So i have like 30 hours on it?

But they took years to make the game actually good, and even if starting point was abysmal then they ended doing a really good product. But suddenly they decided it wasn't worth anymore investing on it (at the peak of its popularity) and make a sequel, that had improvements but for the most part was going back to square one.

I don't get it. They have some really good ideas and core gameplay is very solid. However implementation of everything else falls short on most aspects.
    They created sequel to have more money. The Division 1 is still infamous and that was a big hit on sales.
    Maybe Ubisoft forces them to release another game?

10+ Year Old Account
    Some people like it. Personally I think the mechanic is uses is too janky. If you enjoy sniper gameplay, you're almost certainly better served by using the Mantis exotic MMR, or a plain ol meta Classic M1A with a scope.

What was it you liked about the Diamondback? Just the raw damage? Or the crits?
    I don't have Mantis at the moment. I did find an M1A and scoped it and found I preferred it to Diamondback. The thing has Ranger on it so it gives me some pretty hefty damage at range.
    Putin khuliyo