Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    https://www.engadget.com/ubisoft-mas...142056025.html

With Massive working in Avatar and now Star Wars too, I have little hopes for anything Division related any time soon.
    I said the same thing over on the official forums. Between Avatar and Star Wars, there's no way Massive will have room left over for a full Division 3 or even an expansion. Seasonal garbage only, MAAAAYBE a survival mode if we're lucky and the planets align. But I doubt it.

Division is dead in the water for the foreseeable future.

Thats a shame they 2 times let good game die . They should take insipire from Bungie loot at the destiny 2 maybe not perfect but they still add dlc etc etc.

Massive ? If im ubisoft i will fire them.

I dont get it why they even make div 2 never understand and sorry im piss off coz dont know how to carry games.

Btw when will state of the game ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I said the same thing over on the official forums. Between Avatar and Star Wars, there's no way Massive will have room left over for a full Division 3 or even an expansion. Seasonal garbage only, MAAAAYBE a survival mode if we're lucky and the planets align. But I doubt it.

Division is dead in the water for the foreseeable future.
    Yup.
    Unless a different studio takes over. After all, can't be much worse than what Massive did. Unless it's like... Bioware or smt.
    Talking purely game direction, the art/environment/gameplay team; huge kudo's.

Quote Originally Posted by Haligy View Post

Massive ? If im ubisoft i will fire them.
    What concerns me is that Massive is going to continue to use the snowdrop engine for whatever the Star Wars game is. So that means we have the same team with the same buggy engine with the same garbage leadership. There's no way any game made under these exact same conditions is going to end up clean.

It's a recipe for disaster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Will they also use Snowdrop for the Avatar game btw?
    If so, jikes.

(I have zero interest in Avatar/SW in general so I dont really care, but those games are doomed).

If so, jikes.

(I have zero interest in Avatar/SW in general so I dont really care, but those games are doomed).
    Very likely. And why is that bad? It seems to be an overall solid engine that's used for a host of different games >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Very likely. And why is that bad? It seems to be an overall solid engine that's used for a host of different games >.>
    It looks amazing, but there are daft limitations on the number of players that can be loaded in at once. This was (partly) the reasoning to split the DZ into 3 area’s as opposed to 1 huge zone. Same nr of players, less space, denser feel to it.

The div1 dz was often deemed ‘empty’ because players where spread out, but the engine didn’t allow more people into the DZ without causing issues.

So any open or crowded area in Avator or Sw will hold 16 or so people tops.
    Last edited by Nutri; 2021-01-14 at 05:33 PM.

So any open or crowded area in Avator or Sw will hold 16 or so people tops.
    More psuedo-MMO's, which is the direction things are going. I don't think anyone is expecting them to be proper MMO's >.>

If so, jikes.

I think this article(with lots of direct quotes from massive execs) covers it prettu well.

"Star Wars: Ubisoft Massive talks about its ambitions and snowdrop engine – News" https://verietyinfo.com/franceeng/st...p-engine-news/

My main concern is not the engine itself, but the halfassed way that Massive uses it. If we see the same lack of QC and attention to detail that there is in Division 2, then I dont expect the game to be good just because it's got "Star Wars" in the title.

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision...ent_evil_25th/

I assume it will be a paid event, but there's a Resident Evil crossover going on in February and you get at least one free outfit.

Makes folks think that the Operation Nightmare stuff at Kenly was actual crossover gameplay content...which if true, holy shit am I actually legit sad/depressed that they canned it. A zombie horde mode addition at Kenly? Yeah, I'm here for that. The horde mode in Division 1 was pretty fun, and it'd be a pretty good way to not let that map go to total waste.

Oh well, free outfit and I'll be back for the next apparel event. Should be easier to breeze through as I think there are 1-2 more manhunt targets since I last played, so free double XP for a while.

Yeah, i was thinking to play again for this event - i think i have the game still installed so i just need to update it. Though it will be a very fast poke into it just to see and get the rewards tied to it.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

What build you folks can recommend for me as a beginner? I haven't fully levelled my agent yet, but if I go skill build, and let the turret and drone tank for me, wouldn't that be a good and viable option for me to learn? I haven't got a clue what I'm doing, so I don't know if there are any better builds, but I love tech tanking and flushing out enemies while I finish them off.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by neik View Post
    What build you folks can recommend for me as a beginner? I haven't fully levelled my agent yet, but if I go skill build, and let the turret and drone tank for me, wouldn't that be a good and viable option for me to learn? I haven't got a clue what I'm doing, so I don't know if there are any better builds, but I love tech tanking and flushing out enemies while I finish them off.

Thanks in advance.
    During the story you can pretty much play whatever you think is fun, it's super forgiving. It's a good time to experiment with everything as well so you can get a feel for what you light or don't.

Assault drone/turret is definitely strong and will give you a lot of leeway to make mistakes since they do the majority of your damage and act as distractions. Revive hive is a good backup if find yourself dying often and need a second life. If you do stick with turret/drone, try to get gear that boosts skill damage/duration/cooldown so you can keep them as beefy as possible.

Stinger hive can be super fun to toss out and watch light up whole groups of dudes, but I imagine that its recharge would be prohibitively slow while leveling.

And are you on the base game, or do you have Warlords of New York?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    During the story you can pretty much play whatever you think is fun, it's super forgiving. It's a good time to experiment with everything as well so you can get a feel for what you light or don't.

Assault drone/turret is definitely strong and will give you a lot of leeway to make mistakes since they do the majority of your damage and act as distractions. Revive hive is a good backup if find yourself dying often and need a second life. If you do stick with turret/drone, try to get gear that boosts skill damage/duration/cooldown so you can keep them as beefy as possible.

Stinger hive can be super fun to toss out and watch light up whole groups of dudes, but I imagine that its recharge would be prohibitively slow while leveling.

And are you on the base game, or do you have Warlords of New York?
    Thank you very much for your post, it's as good as I expected. I'm playing ultimate edition with all the content available, but decided not to boost character as it sounds completely counterproductive. Learning and experimenting is super fun. I'm engaged to my core

Keyboard Turner
    3+ Year Old Account
    I like The Division 2 but they should let the users play offline too.

Quote Originally Posted by neik View Post
    Thank you very much for your post, it's as good as I expected. I'm playing ultimate edition with all the content available, but decided not to boost character as it sounds completely counterproductive. Learning and experimenting is super fun. I'm engaged to my core
    You should know that there are a number of achievements which you can't obtain on a boosted character. That may not matter to you, however.

But also, the initial leveling story and exploration is pretty fun. Totally worth playing at least once through entirely.

You should know that there are a number of achievements which you can't obtain on a boosted character. That may not matter to you, however.

But also, the initial leveling story and exploration is pretty fun. Totally worth playing at least once through entirely.
    Thanks for that info

I found that leveling from scratch creates great immersion and allows me to fall in love with the game slowly. Also teaching me things about the game that otherwise I would have to spend hours of watching guide videos not knowing what to do with the boosted character.

Thanks for keeping this thread going, once I have some free time I will start reading through all the pages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by allmodworld View Post
    I like The Division 2 but they should let the users play offline too.
    For what reason tho?

For what reason tho?
    To avoid a lot of the lag and other buggy online features that pop up now and then.

Also, to avoid people. Not everyone wants to group all the time.

Wait? there's character boosts now? The story was so boring I gave up before i even hit max. I already leveled through D1, D2 leveling just felt like playing a slightly better d1