Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    From what little I've seen it appears Heartland will have a PvE mode as well, so it's not just a possible BR title.
    I haven't seen anything of the sort, and I've been pretty much immersed in the reddit and official forums lately. Where did you hear about a PVE mode? There's supposedly PVE elements to the game, but that's like saying there are PVE elements to the DZ. It's still a PVP mess.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I haven't seen anything of the sort, and I've been pretty much immersed in the reddit and official forums lately. Where did you hear about a PVE mode? There's supposedly PVE elements to the game, but that's like saying there are PVE elements to the DZ. It's still a PVP mess.
    Fair amount of coverage but - https://apptrigger.com/2021/05/16/di...tland-details/

That’s right, The Division Heartland will feature two game modes. Expedition is a co-op PvE mode that will teach players more about the mystery of Silver Creek while also preparing players for the other game mode, Storm.

Storm is a 45-player PvEvP mode that basically sounds like the Dark Zone mixed with battle royale.

Really hoping Heartland is like Survival from division 1. That was the tit's.

Ugh... I didn't know Heartland was going to be pvp, thats disappointing. (I know TD2 is still there for me).

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Ugh... I didn't know Heartland was going to be pvp, thats disappointing. (I know TD2 is still there for me).
    One of the modes will functionally be dark zone, the other will be some flavor of PvE. Sounds like it'll be to "prep" you for the dark zone mode, but I'm hoping that won't mean it's super limited.

One of the modes will functionally be dark zone, the other will be some flavor of PvE. Sounds like it'll be to "prep" you for the dark zone mode, but I'm hoping that won't mean it's super limited.
    From what you described it sounds like the pve is almost a tutorial. Reminds me a bit of when TD initially released where Darkzone was the intended end game, Heartlands sounds like that concept again.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Damn so it's not Survival from Division 1, since that didn't force PvP. Or maybe it's Squad based Survival? Not sure why they didn't have a Survival mode in Division 2, Survival mode DLC alone was worth the price of admission of the first game.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Not sure why they didn't have a Survival mode in Division 2
    Or Underground, or the horde mode type thingy they added near the end of TD1. Massive just screwed up left and right with TD2, I hope they don't screw up with Heartland as much.

honestly, it sounds like the intro quest Dark zone used to have, short and perfunctory. edited to add, type too slow.

also - I pretty much stopped playing either of the games, but SO STILL plays occasional survival. he hasn't touched D2 since we finished Faye manhunt.

Weird....not sure how I missed that. Thanks for the link.

But it sounds more like a tutorial style game mode rather than a fully realized PVE game. We'll see what happens as development continues, but I'm not optimistic.

10+ Year Old Account
    That’s right, The Division Heartland will feature two game modes. Expedition is a co-op PvE mode that will teach players more about the mystery of Silver Creek while also preparing players for the other game mode, Storm.

Storm is a 45-player PvEvP mode that basically sounds like the Dark Zone mixed with battle royale.
    They can talk around it as they want but it's just a plain old BR game. The PvEvP thing is just a tutorial and 'Storm' is the bread and butter BR mode. I assume they describe it as 'Darkzone mixed with BR' because of a possible slower pace, cover based nature instead of guns blazing.

I'm not going to be taking part in this game by the looks of it.

That's what i fear. Small PvE missions/campaign to show you how to play the "real" game.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

There is a pve mode, but it is really limited. It's basically pve survival with less depth. You run around farming gear (only hands/chest/weapons) and gathering resources. There isn't an inventory, you extract what you're wearing. You create loadouts from gear you extract which can then be supply dropped in to the pvp mode after crafting a flare. You craft/use a lot on the go (filters, armor kit, health kit, etc.) using a radial menu. They took out the cover button and cover to cover and made it so you automatically take cover close to walls. You can now slide. You can sneak up behind enemies and execute them. There aren't any skills. If you die, you lose what you are wearing.
    Last edited by Woogs; 2021-06-13 at 06:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Woogs View Post
    There is a pve mode, but it is really limited. It's basically pve survival with less depth. You run around farming gear (only hands/chest/weapons) and gathering resources. There isn't an inventory, you extract what you're wearing. You create loadouts from gear you extract which can then be supply dropped in to the pvp mode after crafting a flare. You craft/use a lot on the go (filters, armor kit, health kit, etc.) using a radial menu. They took out the cover button and cover to cover and made it so you automatically take cover close to walls. You can now slide. You can sneak up behind enemies and execute them. There aren't any skills. If you die, you lose what you are wearing.
    Basically a shit gameplay XD anything that makes Division is taken out.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ub...CAD-01-10abi2f

Massive has a new managing director.

Andrén joins Massive Entertainment from Red Bee Media, an international broadcasting company and the largest access provider in Europe, where he is currently chief operating officer.
    I'm a bit skeptical about bringing in someone from broadcast without a gaming background. I get it, a lot of overlap between skills and whatnot, but it's kinda disappointing they didn't promote from within.

Looks like td2 pulled a retail wow
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Hijacking the thread for discussing the newly announced game, XDefiant.

Holy hell, they took Division names to make basically an Apex Legends clone of some sort. While i don't really know how good it will be and if people will be interested in it (being f2p it will be flooded by people wanting to try it at the beginning), did we really needed a game like this? Did Ubisoft need a game like this and tie it to the Division?

I really see no value in this being a thing, but it may be just me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Agreed on that. Also, it's a shame how they stick Tom Clancy on everything now. Just using the name to sell stuff instead of making the game stand for something (realism).

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I really see no value in this being a thing, but it may be just me.
    They're even later to the hero shooter genre than they were to the battle royal genre with Hyper Scape. Remember that game? No? Neither does anyone else.

Ubisoft's kinda a complete fuckin mess of a company right now and I can't make heads nor tails of their strategy other than, "Be late to trends and then compete with ourselves."

Kinda neat they're using factions from some of the games, but it doesn't do much for me. At least Massive isn't working on it.

Yeah, i don't know what to think - even the branding is completely out of place to me. They're committing to a saturated genre that's already showing cracks everywhere and only a couple games really kept up because of multiple factors aligning.

Anyway, if gunplay is fun enough, with it being f2p they're gonna rake a lot of money on season passes/skins etc. If the game doesn't tank immediately obviously.

I really feel this could have been a simple game mode for Division lol.