10+ Year Old Account
    Next E3 Ubisoft announces another moba and a TCG lol
    /s

Would have rather seen Ubisoft do another Splinter Cell entry, which is highly requested by the fanbase. Apparently there's more money in (successful) F2P arena games to have them make this one instead. Odd choice, in such an over-saturated market and Ubisoft's track record of mediocre post-release maintenance of their other (games as a service) games. 'Sell boxes, please investors, on to the next project'.

As for Division 2, I'll be receiving the final missing piece of my new pc on tuesday; RX 6900 XT. I'll crank up everything to ultra settings and enjoy some 1440p eye-candy on Div2 for a bit, and then probably uninstall it till there's more concrete news about the additional support of the game beyond that unknown gamemode nobody asked for.

I have some invites to the XDefiant Technical Test. PM me your Uplay user name for an invite. It starts today at 18:00 UTC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got to admit this game looks gorgeous on ultra settings <3

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb/game/t...ivision-2-team

Big update!...content is delayed until, of all fucking months, Feb. 2022, when like a dozen major AAA's are already launching.

What is the content?! We still haven't the foggiest clue, they won't say.

So what's going on until then, given that we've already done seasonal reruns?

Well, in some good news we'll get updates on what's coming, just not the specific content. First up this week is a Specialization revamp.

Unexpected, but may be nice since specializations are pretty underwhelming still.

We gotta wait until January to hear anything about the content. Man does it seem like they absolutely weren't planning on this until the Ubi CEO promised new content on an earnings call and they had to hastily throw teams back together.

Between their ongoing internal harassment issues and them throwing everything at a wall and hoping something sticks (xdefiant, that ghost recon BR game and other uninspired shit) Ubi is a bloody mess right now. Only team that seems to have a handle on anything internally, at least for their major properties, is the AC team.

Honestly i was expecting it to be abandoned, but after the apparent negative reaction to the closed heartland testing and a few other recent things like that ghost recon battle royale put on 'indefinite hiatus', Farcry 6 and XDefiant having a less than stellar reaction maybe Ubisoft is changing gears to focus on the things that have any kind of positive customer reaction still?

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Honestly i was expecting it to be abandoned, but after the apparent negative reaction to the closed heartland testing and a few other recent things like that ghost recon battle royale put on 'indefinite hiatus', Farcry 6 and XDefiant having a less than stellar reaction maybe Ubisoft is changing gears to focus on the things that have any kind of positive customer reaction still?
    I mean...this was announced earlier this year, we've just been waiting on details. Ubi being a mess otherwise seems unrelated to this.

https://twitter.com/TheDivisionGame/...53476165627910

Blah blah content update and the apparel event delayed out of Feb and into "late 2022".

I wonder if we'll see it before the PS6/Xbox Next arrive. I get it, this is supposedly free content and it looks like the team was absolutely not prepared for this or anything but...damn man, it's been like 14 months and they still won't even talk about what it is. I guess this is a good reflection of Ubisoft overall, flailing about, largely directionless, without any clue what the hell they're doing.

I sure hope this is a banger.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://twitter.com/TheDivisionGame/...53476165627910

Blah blah content update and the apparel event delayed out of Feb and into "late 2022".

I wonder if we'll see it before the PS6/Xbox Next arrive. I get it, this is supposedly free content and it looks like the team was absolutely not prepared for this or anything but...damn man, it's been like 14 months and they still won't even talk about what it is. I guess this is a good reflection of Ubisoft overall, flailing about, largely directionless, without any clue what the hell they're doing.

I sure hope this is a banger.
    Looks like Anthem updates.

Both that and thebfact february is so filled up with new stuff it's just a good idea to delay this.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Both that and thebfact february is so filled up with new stuff it's just a good idea to delay this.
    If that was the reason, I wish they'd say it. Pushing outta that killing field of a month makes sense, but delaying until later on that year and not saying squat about the update honestly makes it seem like they aren't doing much actual work on this and it's more of a "back burner" project than anything actually being worked on.

https://store.ubi.com/eu/game?lang=e...&source=detail

So nothing official announced that I can see, but apparently the store page for Heartland is live. Nothing terribly new in it, we've known about the core PvPvE mode and that there's a smaller scale PvE mode. I guess we play as premade characters and get to pick a class in it, which might be new public info.

The screenshots are...not great, so I'll wait to see it in action. Still not thinking this is gonna be very interesting to me given the focus on PvPvE, but it might be something to scratch this itch while waiting on whatever new content is supposedly coming to Division 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://store.ubi.com/eu/game?lang=e...&source=detail

So nothing official announced that I can see, but apparently the store page for Heartland is live. Nothing terribly new in it, we've known about the core PvPvE mode and that there's a smaller scale PvE mode. I guess we play as premade characters and get to pick a class in it, which might be new public info.

The screenshots are...not great, so I'll wait to see it in action. Still not thinking this is gonna be very interesting to me given the focus on PvPvE, but it might be something to scratch this itch while waiting on whatever new content is supposedly coming to Division 2.
    tried to go to the link and its broken now? I'm thinking maybe it wasn't supposed to go live when it did. I keep on forgetting that they are supposedly working on new content O_O....

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision..._the_new_mode/

IT'S ALIVE!

PTS preload spinning up tomorrow, live Friday (April 1, heh). New mode is called "Countdown" and they'll tell us more about it later. Seen some videos of someone claiming it's basically a full-loot PvP mode a la Tarkov, but the videos looked more like Homeland so I'm hoping it's not that.

It's the start of Season 9, which will include a revamp to specializations, though that's coming sometime later in Year 4. It's kinda weird seeing this game get some love like this after a few years of absolutely nothing but hey, as long as this is a PvE mode I'll be happy. Still bummed Summit was supremely underwhelming (especially compared to Underground in TD1), and that Heartland is looking like a BR-esque PvP shootfest which I have no interest in.

I'm old and bad at games, I don't have the skills or reflexes to keep up with these zoomers no more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhat interesting tweet about the future of the game: https://mobile.twitter.com/yannickbc...59343900614658
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    Somewhat interesting tweet about the future of the game: https://mobile.twitter.com/yannickbc...59343900614658
    New CM is doing good work, and this is actually exciting news since the new mode sure doesn't seem like it took well over a year of work (even with the team size reduced).

I'm happy with this news though. As my salt with BF2042 and the joke that game is increase, at least I can decrease my sodium levels now that TD2 is getting support again and hopefully not repeating the same mistakes with things like Summit. I should make some HD space and reinstall this to make sure my gearsets are all still functional.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    Sooo basically, wait and see you guys, dont quit?

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Sooo basically, wait and see you guys, dont quit?
    I mean...it's straightforward. It's letting us know that their plans aren't just a "one and done" and this is the only thing they've spent the past year and a half working on. It's great news, because it means more updates, including probably more stuff to do, is coming and this isn't the new "final" patch.

here's to hoping, cause I've been getting an occasional urge to play and then i would log in, stare at my options none of which appealed and logged back out.

10+ Year Old Account
    'Hope' and 'Massive Entertainment' in the same sentence don't really blend that well in my opinion, but I'm keeping my eyes open on the developments Would love to see a revival of Division.
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280

10+ Year Old Account
    Did anyone try Countdown on the PTS yet?