/reads up on a mode... sounds like mandatory 8 people group mode.. with a timer. so that's two strikes against it as far as I'm concerned. ah well

10+ Year Old Account
    Upside is that it has matchmaking, unlike raids. If I am correct.
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

No idea why they assume they can (re-)attract people with a mandatory group activity. Even with matchmaking it takes minutes for someone to join you for an instance, it will be a nightmare for non scaling content to get 8 players. Quite curious game design decision, it might simply be doa.

New Expertise system sounds interesting, at least some new way to improve your gear. Sounds a little bit like paragon levels.

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/game/t...J2Xy0sX2shixJC

More changes coming with the patch this week. Apparently they're making it harder to "miss" lore updates with the manhunts, kinda nice. And True Sons are the next group of targets up, rogues seem to be done.

I'm kinda interested in the mission takeovers though. I like it when True Sons does that with some missions each week, helps keep them a bit less routine.

Real, outside of the timed 8-player mode this update is looking pretty good. Hopefully it'll be easily done with PUGS, but I've been tinkering around again and will definitely be back to check out the expertise system and shit. Very much interested in what other content they supposedly have in the works since they've said that their plans aren't just dropping this mode and disappearing again.

Plus one of the devs hinted that if the update is received well (I assume more financially) that it will help them argue for more support from Ubi. Which is definitely preferable to whatever is going on with Heartland and its primarily PvP focus. Would be kinda nice if Division 2 turned into the "PvE" game and Heartland into the "PvP game".

Updates out.

Expertise or whatever just seems like an XP bar for different gun/gear types for more long term progression vs. adding higher level/ilvl gear. Not a bad solution for continued progression without invalidating all our gear we have now, but also not very exciting. Kinda nice you can at least dump materials into things to level them up some.

Countdown so far...meh. It's not bad, but kinda eh from my first few trips in. It's a complete clusterfuck in terms of coordination, and it's weirdly structured where the two groups of players seem to enter at different locations, have a different initial objective, come together for the third objective, and then split up again to extract. I get the idea, but splitting up afterwards feels lame. I was kinda looking forward to some 8 player madness and in the "final objective" part of the mode it does feel cool to have folks all over splitting up to take on waves of mobs/handle objectives.

Haven't tested anything else yet, but so far this isn't the roaring return I was hoping for with the game. Haven't touched any new gear/invaded missions or anything else. I'll keep playing around with Countdown for a while.

Apparently in typical Massive fashion they didn't bother fixing any bugs from the last PTS. I haven't run into any, but apparently crashes are back again (unsurprising) as are infinite loading screens plus a bunch of other things. Oh, and if you don't own the season pass the little "New Project" popup on the main UI just stays there as it always has because I guess fixing the minor graphical bug it a fairly time consuming process after all these years : /

Is the game worth reinstalling if you don't have the New York expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Not really, most of the improvements came with the expansion (which is really worth imho anyway, so snag it from somewhere for cheap if you're able to).
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Nope. I think everything new in this update requires the expansion, which is on sale right now so it's pretty cheap.

- - - Updated - - -

So I think I'm finally wrapping my head around the expertise/proficiency system...man is it kinda needlessly confusing and I'm still not sure I even fully understand it.

I tried to get the expansions that are on sale on EGS and Ubisoft is the worst company. I don't give a flying titty fuck about NFTs or Microtransactions- why is logging into your Ubisoft account such a pain in the ass?

I can log into my Epic Game account easily. Can log into my Ubisoft account, easily. I own this game. It's in my library, I have played it before.

Yet I need to link my EGS account to the Ubisoft account and it just returns an error each time. Their support is useless and their email responses are in motherfucking French.

Why is any of this necessary? Every fucking time Ubisoft. You're a garbage company and anything good you produce is pure luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Why is any of this necessary? Every fucking time Ubisoft. You're a garbage company and anything good you produce is pure luck.
    Yeah...Ubi support ain't great. Bummer, but this is a big reason why I try to buy through the "native" storefront for games, since it's gonna have to launch the other launcher anyways. Origin for EA games, uPlay or whatever Ubi calls their launcher for their games, and either EGS or Steam for everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yeah...Ubi support ain't great. Bummer, but this is a big reason why I try to buy through the "native" storefront for games, since it's gonna have to launch the other launcher anyways. Origin for EA games, uPlay or whatever Ubi calls their launcher for their games, and either EGS or Steam for everything else.
    Usually, I do that as well. I just had a deep discount on Div2 like ages ago and thought it was worth it for $10 or whatever.

Turns out, no. It wasn't worth the hassle.

so out of curiosity, I have redownloaded the game. I will make one comment, I'm slightly less annoyed at the ending of previous season.

they did my girl, Faye dirty in original ending, so while turning it into a deep cover fakeout is not ideal, given all of those recordings setting up her original turning on Division - its.. something.

I don't think I'm gonna do much as far as new systems go, but I'm interested enough in playing through the new manhunt at least.

How is the gameplay on a controller? ps5 specifically.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    How is the gameplay on a controller? ps5 specifically.
    Perfectly fine
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280

10+ Year Old Account
    Did loot drop quality increase?
    I've dabbled about a bit for the first time in months, and it felt as if the rolls where higher than they used to be, some even dropping 2x max roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    Did loot drop quality increase?
    I've dabbled about a bit for the first time in months, and it felt as if the rolls where higher than they used to be, some even dropping 2x max roll.
    Yeah, loot drops are actually good now, especially since you have other layers of optimization you can use so getting the base gear is more or less easy. Building your character feels good finally.

I've yet to reinstall after the update, but from what i've read it's nothing really interesting - it's basically a glorified paragon system which i have really no interest into.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I've yet to reinstall after the update, but from what i've read it's nothing really interesting - it's basically a glorified paragon system which i have really no interest into.
    Haven't played much more, but overall yes. Just additional gear progression that happens passively as you play (or you can dump crafting materials into it if you have extra).

It's a clunky system (why expertise AND proficiency? dunno), but it achieves the goal of adding additional gear power progression without invalidating all the gear folks have collected/upgraded over the years. You can keep rocking all your old sets and just slowly increase item power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Big Reddit post detailing Proficiency and Expertise.

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision...tem_for_those/

While not many new things under the sun for Div2, this seems like a nice timesink of you enjoy playing Division.

- - - Updated - - -

Right so in the roughly 2 hours I played Div2 it crashed about 4 times, and froze my pc twice. So that'll be uninstalled again. Pitty ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Last edited by Nutri; 2022-05-18 at 06:10 AM.

been steady for me so far - no crashes yet, but who knows, I only play like maybe 40 minutes tops at a time.

slowly, oh ever so slowly I'm remembering how to only suck half way at this thing. why am I trying to finish a league? no idea.. since the thing I wanted the most - puppy patch - you get just for doing absolute bare minimum and I have it now.

expertise is weird..... I still don't really understand it, but I did donate a bunch of stuff towards it so I'm 1 out of 10 now on my weps O_O

Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post

Right so in the roughly 2 hours I played Div2 it crashed about 4 times, and froze my pc twice. So that'll be uninstalled again. Pitty ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Do not use DX12 if you have it enabled. It's always been an issue from day 1 and it's never been solved. Nvidia was thought to be the source of the issue but they released a driver fix that didn't fix anything and we're left at that point.