BFA PVP Frost VS Unholy

So what do you guys think will be the go to in BFA? Or do we think both will be viable depending on the comp/situation?

Frost feels really strong in random bgs but I haven't had a chance to do anything rated yet. Haven't tested Unholy yet...worth trying?

Deleted
    I stay with frost for mainly it flows better atm for me at least...still trying to figure out witch talents are the best in 2v2 3v3.
    BoS feels nice but it takes one escapes...gathering storm vs Frostwyrm. U know its hard to figure it out but i enjoy the experimenting part of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcarsenal View Post
    So what do you guys think will be the go to in BFA? Or do we think both will be viable depending on the comp/situation?

Frost feels really strong in random bgs but I haven't had a chance to do anything rated yet. Haven't tested Unholy yet...worth trying?
    If you have mastery gear, UH is so insanely strong in BGs.

The spec I use for it are:
    -Clawing Shadows, insane mastery scaling and ignores armor.
    -Ebon Fever, works well with pvp talents.
    -the DnD talent (nr1), the slow is amazing in BGs. For arena I use Asphyxiate.
    -Soul Reaper, nice little "execute" dot.
    -Take what ever you like here.
    -Epidemic is amazing AoE pressure (even in Arena), got two targets with aids on? Use Epidemic instead of DC.
    -Unholy Frenzy is my go-to here, a mini blood lust just for you, heard some people taking the AotD talent for BGs as well.

PvP talents:
    -Trinket
    -Unholy Mutation
    - Wandering Plauge
    -flex pick. I take Necrotic mostly in Arena, and BGs I just take whatever I feel like. Reanimation can be a ton of fun here.

Then I play it as a ranged class. Dot everyone up, spam Clawing Shadows and Epidemic. If people get close to you: FSx2-apoc-DT-pet stun and kite away. If they catch up to you again, you FSx2-SR-chains/DnD and kite again.

In other words - kite everyone. Rogues can be a real pain in the ass, but other classes isn't much of a problem.
    Or if you feel like it and see they are all stacked up; run into the middle, dot up, DnD and start spam CS/epidemic with UH on. Your damage will go through the roof, but if you get focused you'll die so fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post

-Epidemic is amazing AoE pressure (even in Arena), got two targets with aids on? Use Epidemic instead of DC.
    -Unholy Frenzy is my go-to here, a mini blood lust just for you, heard some people taking the AotD talent for BGs as well.

PvP talents:
    -Trinket
    -Unholy Mutation
    - Wandering Plauge
    -flex pick. I take Necrotic mostly in Arena, and BGs I just take whatever I feel like. Reanimation can be a ton of fun here.

Then I play it as a ranged class. Dot everyone up, spam Clawing Shadows and Epidemic. If people get close to you: FSx2-apoc-DT-pet stun and kite away. If they catch up to you again, you FSx2-SR-chains/DnD and kite again.

In other words - kite everyone. Rogues can be a real pain in the ass, but other classes isn't much of a problem.
    Or if you feel like it and see they are all stacked up; run into the middle, dot up, DnD and start spam CS/epidemic with UH on. Your damage will go through the roof, but if you get focused you'll die so fast.

For real, i just 1.9 million in a RBG, 2nd place was 1.1mil. I played a ranged dot class All will Serve/clawing, Ebon Fever, Asphx, Harbinger, Death Pact, Epidemic, Unholy Frenzy, PVP TALENTS ,PAndemic, Unholy Mutation, Necrotic Aura. Everytime your disease gets dispelled ( which is all the time) it explodes for 400%

Quote Originally Posted by Wreckanoth View Post
    For real, i just 1.9 million in a RBG, 2nd place was 1.1mil. I played a ranged dot class All will Serve/clawing, Ebon Fever, Asphx, Harbinger, Death Pact, Epidemic, Unholy Frenzy, PVP TALENTS ,PAndemic, Unholy Mutation, Necrotic Aura. Everytime your disease gets dispelled ( which is all the time) it explodes for 400%
    Yeah, its insane.
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

If you want to know about numbers, dont botter until a few weeks after BFA launches, thats when real tunning happens.

Deleted

PvP talents:
    -Trinket
    -Unholy Mutation
    - Wandering Plauge

What do u advices for arena?

Alsó could someone show me Frost arena talent ?

Quote Originally Posted by DkWarrior View Post
    What do u advices for arena?

Alsó could someone show me Frost arena talent ?
    I run the exact same talents in arena, play it like a ranged class and kite melee's. On casters I usually go a lot more agressive and force them to play safe. I rarely play 2v2, so this is in 3v3 though.
    The cleave you have with dots + epidemic is insane. And if its something like Turbocleave (warr/dk/pala) you will nuke the shit out of them inside your DnD forcing all CDs in the first 10 seconds of the fight.
    The only thing I change is I take Asphuxiate instead of the DnD talent. Unless you're playing with a rogue that got a ton of stuns or something like that, then DnD can be nice, the 90% slow is great to help out your healer in a tight spot.

I'll copy the guide that is pinned in DK discord for PvP:
    Pre patch Unholy pvp mini guide
    Talents
    - Clawing Shadows' range = uptime, ignores armor, 100% mastery scale
    - Ebon Fever's senergy with pvp talents
    - Asphyxiate or Death's Reach, I prefer hard cc, but they're times I wish for the range
    - Soul Reaper adds a third dot, for kill pressure
    - Flex pick, I go with pack, use it when healers can't save you
    - Epidemic for aoe, even at 2 targets, your geting the same damage as DC for 10 less rune power
    ST is a toss up, keep them in Defile for the full 10secs or take Pestilence and gamble
    - Frenzy is a mini hero on a near min cd!!

PvP talents
    Go with Glad's Med. Full controll of what to clear is best. Humans can use Relentless, it depends what kind of cc your fighting
    - Unholy Mutation - nearly the full vp worth of damage, can crit
    - Wandering Plague - a second dot, to outbreak
    Flex Pick
    Necrotic Aura - if you can stay in mele range for a long time
    Necrotic Strike - hard swaps, and chain cc is how you win matches. this will be posion in the wound. pun
    Reanimation - needs practice, drop it on they're heads, or instanly grip them to it. 10% hp is no joke
    Dark Sim
    Anti-Magic Zone

Playstyle
    VS Mele
    TLDR - Let your range, dots, and pets exhaust them before you go toe to toe. VP, WP, and UM, will do nearly 15k damage. For one gcd

Keep timmy, in 30yrds, hold 4 runes
    When they charge you, 2x FS Apoc, DT, Charge/Gnaw/Chains, get out of range, let your army fight for you
    If they get back into range of you, 2x FS/SR/Outbreak/Asph/Chain/get out of range, pop with CS, repeat
    Use frenzy when your in a slug fest

VS Range
    No special tricks here, you losse to them in ranged combat
    Don't give them ground, be as agressive as you can
    Get into their range, without using grip, use chains, pet cc
    Save grip to counter their escape resets, blinks, and so forth(edited)

I run the exact same talents in arena, play it like a ranged class and kite melee's. On casters I usually go a lot more agressive and force them to play safe. I rarely play 2v2, so this is in 3v3 though.
    The cleave you have with dots + epidemic is insane. And if its something like Turbocleave (warr/dk/pala) you will nuke the shit out of them inside your DnD forcing all CDs in the first 10 seconds of the fight.
    The only thing I change is I take Asphuxiate instead of the DnD talent. Unless you're playing with a rogue that got a ton of stuns or something like that, then DnD can be nice, the 90% slow is great to help out your healer in a tight spot.

I'll copy the guide that is pinned in DK discord for PvP:
    Wow this all makes me want to try Unholy really badly. I was hoping to test if over the weekend but time got away from me. So is the consensus for Unholy basically to play ranged as much as possible and ignore wounds unless they close on you?

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, UH might be good now. Haven't tried yet oddly enough cos its my main, I play Disc and Arms atm.
    Anyway, what I wanted to say is that we run around with retarded stats which influx the damage by alot, myself I got 105% mastery on the DK.

We will see how UH is later down the road when we have mediocre stats
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Well, UH might be good now. Haven't tried yet oddly enough cos its my main, I play Disc and Arms atm.
    Anyway, what I wanted to say is that we run around with retarded stats which influx the damage by alot, myself I got 105% mastery on the DK.

We will see how UH is later down the road when we have mediocre stats
    Yeah very good point everything is definitely in a state of flux.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcarsenal View Post
    Wow this all makes me want to try Unholy really badly. I was hoping to test if over the weekend but time got away from me. So is the consensus for Unholy basically to play ranged as much as possible and ignore wounds unless they close on you?
    That is what I have been doing. Problem is that you don't have a lot of tools to deal with big melee damage so you have to take advantage of your ranged slow and pet root.

The pet does almost no damage. The wound mechanic does almost no damage. All of your damage comes from Outbreak and Epidemic. So what I do is stay mostly at ranged, go around and use my runes on outbreak on everyone I can, then dumping my RP on epidemic. I also have chosen to use necrotic strike and unholy frenzy for those smaller skirmishes or when a healer over extends. You can roll up and cast one festering and then pop frenzy. Now you have 4 runes free for necro stacks and an incoming supply of wounds without having to use your runes. If there is someone else damaging the healer it is a guaranteed kill unless you get CCed off because necrotic strike is a little out of tune right now.

It is the dumbest playstyle. You are basically a warlock with plate and two shitty dots. It is the best damage on the meters though, and your team will land kills because everyone is taking so much damage it is hard for healers to deal with. It is kinda like the old dot cleaves in RBG where you think you are doing well and then the healers get overwhelmed once everyone gets their dots rolling and people start dropping.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post
    That is what I have been doing. Problem is that you don't have a lot of tools to deal with big melee damage so you have to take advantage of your ranged slow and pet root.

The pet does almost no damage. The wound mechanic does almost no damage. All of your damage comes from Outbreak and Epidemic. So what I do is stay mostly at ranged, go around and use my runes on outbreak on everyone I can, then dumping my RP on epidemic. I also have chosen to use necrotic strike and unholy frenzy for those smaller skirmishes or when a healer over extends. You can roll up and cast one festering and then pop frenzy. Now you have 4 runes free for necro stacks and an incoming supply of wounds without having to use your runes. If there is someone else damaging the healer it is a guaranteed kill unless you get CCed off because necrotic strike is a little out of tune right now.

It is the dumbest playstyle. You are basically a warlock with plate and two shitty dots. It is the best damage on the meters though, and your team will land kills because everyone is taking so much damage it is hard for healers to deal with. It is kinda like the old dot cleaves in RBG where you think you are doing well and then the healers get overwhelmed once everyone gets their dots rolling and people start dropping.
    If youre spamming Aoe obviously you will top metters, doesnt mean youre actualy being impactful against the other team in a way like, focusing a healer down. Youre just topping metters.

Quote Originally Posted by Kendros View Post
    If youre spamming Aoe obviously you will top metters, doesnt mean youre actualy being impactful against the other team in a way like, focusing a healer down. Youre just topping metters.
    The point is that right now some classes are good at single target and some at aoe. Shadow priests, boomkins, afflocks and unholy are good at aoe. MM hunters, rogues, warriors, frost mages, destro locks are good at single.

If you think that doing your role is not being impactful then I think you may just be bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post
    The point is that right now some classes are good at single target and some at aoe. Shadow priests, boomkins, afflocks and unholy are good at aoe. MM hunters, rogues, warriors, frost mages, destro locks are good at single.

If you think that doing your role is not being impactful then I think you may just be bad.
    you may be bad thinking aoe spamming to top metters is good in pvp.

you may be bad thinking aoe spamming to top metters is good in pvp.
    No, you are assuming that the reason to spam dots is to top meters. The reason to spam dots is to put AoE pressure on the team fight and overwhelm the healers. When the healers have too many targets to heal and not enough GCD then the single target classes can land kills.

Stop thinking of the game in terms of who is winning the meters and start thinking about who is winning the field.

You have no clue, do you?

If you deal 10% of everyones HP every second, you're putting out so much pressure for the enemy healers to deal with. If someone jumps in and try to burst someone 100-0, all they have to do is pop a CD or two on that single person to save him.

Now if you combine these two things, you get a TON of pressure on everyone, forcing them to use AOE heals to keep everyone up, while the specs/classes that are more singletarget focused can go in and execute a target.

And to be real, UH got a TON of burst damage as well as insane AOE. So what you do is put out massive AOE damage, then if someone gets close enough for you to grab, you grab him in, press a couple of buttons and just execute him.