Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    Would be nice but not sure how it would work. I will sing you to death with my terrible lullaby, and if you get close, I can always wack you with my instrument.

Seriously though, the bard is kind of like a rogue. Filling 2, let alone three specs tree might be difficult. But if there is the will, Blizzard will find a way.
    Dark Ranger can fill as a Bard. Instead of songs, it's a banshee's wail. Instead of support magic, it's anti-magic and debuffs. And if they really want the buffs, something can be worked out with one of the specs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

If the next new class wears anything other than Mail I am going to be the most disappointed I could possibly be.

Dark Rangers fit more as a Death Knight 4th spec than as a new class or as a Hunter 4th spec. Fits more lore-wise; death based abilities instead of nature based abilities, I would see them having Raise Ally, Control Undead (they had "Charm" in W3), Diseases (with one that leech, they had "Life Drain" in W3), Death Shot (Ranged Death Strike) + Dark Succor, Black Arrow (they had it in W3), An AoE Silence (works like Solar Beam, they had that in W3 also), Runic Weapon/Runeforging (Runic Power and Runes ressources), Anti-Magic Shell, Icebound Fortitude, Chains of Ice, etc.
    Physical+ Shadow shots, ranged Diseases spreading, Outbreak, etc. Unholy focus on necromancy, deathcoil, pets, big 2-hander strikes, necrotic damage, etc

Quote Originally Posted by Ancihcaor View Post
    Dark Rangers fit more as a Death Knight 4th spec than as a new class or as a Hunter 4th spec. Fits more lore-wise; death based abilities instead of nature based abilities, I would see them having Raise Ally, Control Undead (they had "Charm" in W3), Diseases (with one that leech, they had "Life Drain" in W3), Death Shot (Ranged Death Strike) + Dark Succor, Black Arrow (they had it in W3), An AoE Silence (works like Solar Beam, they had that in W3 also), Runic Weapon/Runeforging (Runic Power and Runes ressources), Anti-Magic Shell, Icebound Fortitude, Chains of Ice, etc.
    Physical+ Shadow shots, ranged Diseases spreading, Outbreak, etc. Unholy focus on necromancy, deathcoil, pets, big 2-hander strikes, necrotic damage, etc
    That kind of messes up lore though. Sylvanas is the Dark Ranger we want to play, while the fantasy of the Death Knight is Arthas. Even if all the gameplay works, the character we play is still a former champion of the Scourge granted powers by the Lich King himself. When I think Dark Ranger, I don't think about being a champion of the Ebon Blade using Runes and Diseases.

Quote Originally Posted by Ancihcaor View Post
    The thing about Dark Ranger and even Necromancer as DK 4th specs, is the weapon and armor proficiencies. As of right now, there's no precedent for a class being able to use different armor types between specs - and both of those wouldn't feel -right- in plate.

Imo, the playstyle of the class would be a higher indicator of a match rather than the flavor of the abilities. We have both a Holy Paladin and Holy Priest. Really what's different? Just the armor and weapons.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by globenstine View Post
    you do realize dark rangers are just undead hunters that got a little banshee juice from sylvanas right? Black Arrow is literally the dark rangers signature ability, has been since warcraft days.
    We know, it's the same thing with Demon Hunters and immolate and stuff. Just saying anything is possible realy.

The game doesn't need any more classes when the devs cant even make the current classes fun.
    This isn't the same company. They are not in touch with the playerbase, they are hellbent on profit, and yea companies deserve profit, but not at the cost of the health of the game, and they became their own worst enemy. WoW was special not because of vanilla, bc, or wrath. No nostalgia here. It was special because of Blizzards involvement with the community, which is all but lost now. They changed everything into the least possible communication with the community.

Quote Originally Posted by nexellent View Post
    The game doesn't need any more classes when the devs cant even make the current classes fun.
    On the other hand, you cannot just have one detached spec (Shadowpriest) to represent one big concept like the Void by itself. Dark Ranger needs to play the part of "Shadow/Dark Paladin", just like how Paladin is the martial version of Holy Priest.

At least that's how I see it and why I hope Dark Ranger becomes a thing.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Very true. We also need a class that properly represents Void/Shadow outside of Priest.
    I dissagree with the void tho.. there is nothing that resembles a Dark ranger with the void tbh. Alleria is not a Dark ranger.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Dark_ranger I think we should stick to this, but expand not change. We already have the void elves to fill that gap.

Sylvanas is the big example, but I think there is room for Shadow hunter and little bit of warden maybe, depends how well 3 specs could work, while we only see Blood elf/high elf Dark rangers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Dark Ranger needs to play the part of "Shadow/Dark Paladin"
    Were you get this whole paladin thing from..like this isn't Diablo. I mean dark rangers doesn't resemble any of that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draeth View Post
    Unholy - Sylvanas, necromancy powers
    Void - Alleria, void powers
    Shadow - Vol'jin, darkness powers

Three specs, done.
    Congrats...you came up with 3 rather generic names...now fill out all 3 of them with unique abilities. (And no stealing from other classes)

Quote Originally Posted by nexellent View Post
    You're right, we don't need more classes. They add it because new features are what get players excited, not just a continuation of story in a new land. They add it because playable homages to classic RTS heroes are what people want. They add it because new classes and races recycle content and generate cash through character boosts.

It only makes sense to add new classes to the game after the game begins to feel static or stale.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post
    Tinker is the most asked for class, second only to Demon Hun... err... second to none. Now with those "artificers" from argus and the long standing tradition of goblin sappers and gnome engineers/tinkers, theres more than enough lore to base the class on.

Sapper can be range class with guns, turrets, bombs, missiles and all the demolition vibe.
    Artificer could be a tank class with a warframe shape shift.
    Apothecary could serve as a healer spec based on chemicals and devices, think of it as a field medic.

Tinker, for the win.
    Always thought it would be cool if each spec had it's own mech...but that would limit the class to only gnome/goblin pretty much...but I'd still make a gobby just to play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Congrats...you came up with 3 rather generic names...now fill out all 3 of them with unique abilities. (And no stealing from other classes)
    What class in the game has 100% unique mechanics that are incomparable to any other class?

Even the Death Knight has the same DoTs, melee strikes, AoE's, summons and defensive cooldowns as any other class in the game. Death Grip is arguably the only unique thing about them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    I dissagree with the void tho.. there is nothing that resembles a Dark ranger with the void tbh. Alleria is not a Dark ranger.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Dark_ranger I think we should stick to this, but expand not change. We already have the void elves to fill that gap.
    Alleria could be a Dark Ranger if she were to be killed and ressurected.

I mean, we have characters like Saurfang's son, Nazgrim, the former king of Stromgarde and Whitemane all becoming prominent Death Knights. It's not a stretch for them to expand on Dark Rangers and making more of them out of existing characters, especially to promote a new class.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2018-06-22 at 06:20 PM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Ye sure she can, but like..why?that isn't going to happen.., and that isn't what I ment wih expanding

10+ Year Old Account
    What class in the game has 100% unique mechanics that are incomparable to any other class?

Even the Death Knight has the same DoTs, melee strikes, AoE's, summons and defensive cooldowns as any other class in the game. Death Grip is arguably the only unique thing about them.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah because so many other classes do diseases? You're right...I forgot about the plague Mage...or the Rogue that can dish fevers about...oh can't forget about the pestilence spreading Shaman!

Oh where is my head...I forgot the Priest who raises Ghouls!

Don't Hunters use death and decay to?

In all seriousness...still doesn't fill out the class with abilities just to claim that they all are the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Jujudrood View Post
    Dark Ranger should replace Surv for Hunter.
    Then, make BM a melee spec because it only makes sense that BMs would get in the mix with their pets and fight melee, all scratching and clawing with melee weapons alongside their companions.
    Like, Survival doesn't sound to me like running face first into a throng of enemies, but rather the opposite (attack from afar, use tricks/traps to get away), or, you know, to survive...
    DR can be the new SV spec, complete with all the magic-y attacks, while MM remains the true phys damage archer spec and BM the "go tear shit up with my wolf in melee and do phys/nature damage and junk" spec.

Making a whole 2-3 spec class for DR would be, well, boring, because it's really shoe-horned into one theme.
    Making a healer or tank version would feel forced and having a true ranged dps that doesn't differ much from hunter would feel sloppy.
    DR can even use shadowy style pets infused with dark magics (think priest shadow form).
    That would be fun.

But anywho, TL;DR - I'd like DR as a spec.
    I've been saying this for years. I wish they'd explore classes more with specs. DR absolutely makes sense for a hunter spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Yeah because so many other classes do diseases? You're right...I forgot about the plague Mage...or the Rogue that can dish fevers about...oh can't forget about the pestilence spreading Shaman!
    Diseases are just a DoT.

If the name and type of DoT are all you want to be a 'unique ability', then we can bullshit create any kind of special DoT type for Dark Rangers, right? Simple. Dark Rangers shoot arrows and use spells that cause Wither, an homage to Withering Fire from Heroes of the Storm. Done.

To make Wither different from other DoTs, we make them work more like Holy DoT's and have it shorter duration than a Curse, Bleed or Disease, but necessary to the Dark Ranger rotation and synergy. Make it work like Lunara's mechanics in Heroes where many of her abilities only affect targets with 'Wither' applied.

Oh where is my head...I forgot the Priest who raises Ghouls!
    Druids cast Treants though.

Don't Hunters use death and decay to?
    Paladins have Consecration. Same mechanics.

In all seriousness...still doesn't fill out the class with abilities just to claim that they all are the same.
    You kind of killed your previous argument then if you don't consider abilities with similar mechanics as being the same. If are willing to accept taking spells from another class and reskinning it with a different magic type or model, then there's no worry about filling 3 specs with 'unique mechanics'.

You could literally take a basic Hunter and throw in some casted spells and DoTs and theme it around Banshees and you've got your Dark Ranger. Just look at Heroes of the Storm for what I mean. Like I've said before, the Dark Ranger has all the trappings to be Blizzard's version of a (dark and edgy) Bard. They use bows, they cast magic, they wail songs of death; all you have to do is theme it with edgy darkness and a you have a Dark Ranger that feels and plays very differently from a Hunter or Death Knight.

- - - Updated - - -

Ye sure she can, but like..why?that isn't going to happen.., and that isn't what I ment wih expanding
    Why? The same reason they brought Illidan back despite him being dead since TBC...

To move the story forward, to promote a new class, to simply be fanservice.

And I wouldn't count anything as 'isn't going to happen'. They turned a warchief into a raidboss who goes back in time into an alternate universe, they killed the Alliance King's personal guardian and make him into the Lich King, they made a light-based champion into a genocidal tyrant. These plot twists get added in content patches....
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2018-06-22 at 06:50 PM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Diseases are just a DoT.

If the name and type of DoT are all you want to be a 'unique ability', then we can bullshit create any kind of special DoT type for Dark Rangers, right? Simple. Dark Rangers shoot arrows and use spells that cause Wither, an homage to Withering Fire from Heroes of the Storm. Done.

To make Wither different from other DoTs, we make them work more like Holy DoT's and have it shorter duration than a Curse, Bleed or Disease, but necessary to the Dark Ranger rotation and synergy. Make it work like Lunara's mechanics in Heroes where many of her abilities only affect targets with 'Wither' applied.

Druids cast Treants though.

Paladins have Consecration. Same mechanics.

You kind of killed your previous argument then if you don't consider abilities with similar mechanics as being the same. If are willing to accept taking spells from another class and reskinning it with a different magic type or model, then there's no worry about filling 3 specs with 'unique mechanics'.

You could literally take a basic Hunter and throw in some casted spells and DoTs and theme it around Banshees and you've got your Dark Ranger. Just look at Heroes of the Storm for what I mean. Like I've said before, the Dark Ranger has all the trappings to be Blizzard's version of a (dark and edgy) Bard. They use bows, they cast magic, they wail songs of death; all you have to do is theme it with edgy darkness and a you have a Dark Ranger that feels and plays very differently from a Hunter or Death Knight.

- - - Updated - - -

Why? The same reason they brought Illidan back despite him being dead since TBC...

To move the story forward, to promote a new class, to simply be fanservice.

And I wouldn't count anything as 'isn't going to happen'. They turned a warchief into a raidboss who goes back in time into an alternate universe, they killed the Alliance King's personal guardian and make him into the Lich King, they made a light-based champion into a genocidal tyrant. These plot twists get added in content patches....
    We are talking about dark rangers... sorry, but this is just stupid, alleria isnt a dark ranger and is embracing the void in current story, there is only fanfiction about alleria becoming a dark ranger and there are no clues or hints about becoming one, eo let this rest..

We are talking about dark rangers... sorry, but this is just stupid, alleria isnt a dark ranger and is embracing the void in current story, there is only fanfiction about alleria becoming a dark ranger and there are no clues or hints about becoming one, eo let this rest..
    Its funny that you think its fanfiction and at the same time we are talking about a classic Warcraft 2 High Elf hero who.. suddenly embraces a new type of dark magic that she never would be associated with before Legion.

I'm just saying, if they kill her off and res her, then she can be a Dark Ranger. No different than any if the possibilities like Jaina or Sylvanas becoming future Lich King or Thrall becoming an Aspect of the Earth. It doesnt mean we all want it to happen, rather it it just a possibilty and you cant say it wont happen.

As for no hints... Did you even READ the Windrunner comic that just came out?

"I will never betray my sisters..." (the possible lie)

"In the end, they will all serve me"

No hints. Yeah.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2018-06-23 at 12:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dark Ranger could have fun melee/range specs, there's a lot of wiggle room. I'd hate to have another lame 2 button class like DH is, literally 111111 222222 build spend. Whatever class they add, I hope they at least put some fucking mechanics somewhere. Raiding with any class in legion is pretty boring since the fantasy bs and prunes but DH takes the cake any day of the week. Easily the weakest hero addition they aren't even trying anymore, DK was superior to both new classes in every way.

And I agree with the edgelord shit.. but just want a fun new class without a naruto running animation.