Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    This, i stopped raiding seriously after WoTLK, quit for most of cata cause i wanted to play a different game combined with university + mandatory army after which meant good 3 years of "Yeah, not gonna raid", came back to only do LFR for end of Cata/and some MoP combined with army service.

Realized i played more and got 0 gear, and 0 sense out of everything, and simply started raiding casually Normal/HC only.

Triple the gear, ~1/3 of the time compared to LFR queue times and retards that cause wipes.

LFR usually takes a good 4 hours to do it all the first few weeks cause everyone is bad combined with queues, usually takes even longer.

I raid 2-4h/week all Legion, havent raided with March/February, still had something like 975 ilvl, 970 equipped, HC only raiding.

LFR has no reason to exist the way Normal mode is, people just like instant delivery queue stuff.
    The problem with all of that is that LFR has two HUGE advantages. One, you can do a single wing and stop so if I don't feel like raiding for 3 hours I don't need to and two, you don't have to cater to people who want item level 30 levels above what the raid drop and curve just to get in.

I really wish normal was winged. If it was, that would probably take care of everything. My best casual raiding experience was in an Open Raid group for SoO flex. No one freaked if you could only do 2 wings etc and it was semi-stable.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    The problem with all of that is that LFR has two HUGE advantages. One, you can do a single wing and stop so if I don't feel like raiding for 3 hours I don't need to and two

I really wish normal was winged. If it was, that would probably take care of everything. My best casual raiding experience was in an Open Raid group for SoO flex. No one freaked if you could only do 2 wings etc and it was semi-stable.
    LFR can still take quite a bit of time as a dps waiting and if the grp is bad in the harder wings. You can just do the bosses you have time to do and leave in normal/heroic ? people who pugged long enough know its a revolving door of players and RL usually just fills it back up

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    The problem with all of that is that LFR has two HUGE advantages. One, you can do a single wing and stop so if I don't feel like raiding for 3 hours I don't need to and two, you don't have to cater to people who want item level 30 levels above what the raid drop and curve just to get in.

yup agreed . i wish normal was winged too - but i guess people had problem with quiing groups up etc.

Honestly when I've came back to wow prior to joining guilds I had no problems putting in some work getting geared and making my own pugs. Have done that since TBC