Beta Key Giveaway Week 2: Winners have been selected!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    If however you're more reasonable then you can simply go off the fact that the are multiple huge complaint threads on the official US/EU forums and the subreddit,
    lol You're smarter than that.

    I stand by my comment. Most people who play HOtS don't give a damn or are even aware of a "report system abuse". Its a tiny vocal minority, and while their complaints may be very valid, it isn't an issue that affects MOST people who play HotS.

    Edit: Bolding just so it doesn't seem like I'm trying to suggest there isn't a problem.
    Last edited by AeneasBK; 2018-06-18 at 02:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Strangebrew View Post
    ... something that is completely lost on people like you, with your us vs them mentality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    The makeup lunatics are really one of the weirder developments from paedophile thinking.

  2. #62
    Herald of the Titans Daish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,809
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    For shits sake, you are the one who floods trade chat with bullshit, then runs to the forums complaining about people using report system for removing you from chat for flooding it with bullshit, have you tried to use logic here? Like, not chat in trade chat, that, you know, says "trade" and people post message about trading something, and probably have other chats hidden so they won't see random chatting and only see trading info in their active chat window, bit now some asshole thinks he is more important that others in the community and start chatting there? Off course they'll want to remove you from chat, it's not even a question, and blizzard provided community with proper tools to do so.

    - - - Updated - - -



    If they pop in the trade chat - yes, they are misplaced. If they pop in lfg chat - it's fine. I think people should be banned from chat for using chat incorrectly, yes, i think it's fine punishment if you can't figure out that "trade" chat is for trading and "looking for group" chat is chat for looking for group.

    Ignore function solve the problem, but report system solves it way better:
    If a person acts obnoxiously and spams trade chat with "Daish daish daish", 200 people see that and don't want to see it anymore, the right click this person, report for spam, and he gets silenced, other 1800 people in chat do not have to /ignore this person. If this system wouldn't be in place 2000 people would have to ignore him, because he feels like acting like an asshole to others.


    Anyways, just a tip for you - there is a general channel for chatting, use that, you rarely get reported unless you spam thunderfury racial slurs of anal [achievement]. Haven't been and haven't heard of anyone silenced for chatting in /1 , because most people who do not want to see it simply turn it off. But people who want to trade won't turn off trade chat because of assholes use it as an irc channel, same goes with LFG, users will report them and get rid of them, which is completely fine
    kid go read the ToS why are you even trying to argue from a position of pure ignorance its like your brain is not wired correctly



    fragile players like you really need a tutorial on how to use the /ignore command or maybe you should disable chat on your client then you will have your safe space you dont want to see somebody say their own character in a single line of text o the horror

    this is a link for you http://www.dictionary.com/browse/ignorance

    Infracted - Minor Flaming
    Last edited by Nerraw; 2018-06-18 at 07:48 PM.

  3. #63
    Time to tone it down a notch. It is entirely possible to discuss the topic at hand without resorting to insulting and demeaning others.
    ErixTheSwift#2335 on EU - Feel free to add me for occasional Quick Match shenanigans!

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Time to tone it down a notch. It is entirely possible to discuss the topic at hand without resorting to insulting and demeaning others.
    I think that is the crux of the issue though. Of course it isn't true in "EVERY" case (gotta give people an out, so they can tell themselves it isn't them its everyone else) but basically if you got a problem with Blizzards report system it's because you're more of an asshole than the community wants to tolerate. The solution is to stop being such a dick, not to find the anomalous results where someone got silenced unfairly and say "LOOK ITS TOTALLY BUSTED OMG".
    Quote Originally Posted by Strangebrew View Post
    ... something that is completely lost on people like you, with your us vs them mentality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    The makeup lunatics are really one of the weirder developments from paedophile thinking.

  5. #65
    Herald of the Titans Daish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,809
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    I think that is the crux of the issue though. Of course it isn't true in "EVERY" case (gotta give people an out, so they can tell themselves it isn't them its everyone else) but basically if you got a problem with Blizzards report system it's because you're more of an asshole than the community wants to tolerate. The solution is to stop being such a dick, not to find the anomalous results where someone got silenced unfairly and say "LOOK ITS TOTALLY BUSTED OMG".
    go into trade when your server is at high population
    explain that it only takes 10 reports for a player to be instantly kicked out of the game and automatically silenced
    explain in detail how to report another player
    watch yourself go offline and get silenced

    then come back here and let us know what the GM said when you appeal it

    people give you proof and you act like it doesn't exist what kind of glasses are you wearing




    its Blizzards policy to silence automatically silence EVERYONE WHO IS REPORTED and UPHOLD THOSE SILENCES unless the reports all come from a single guild or mutliboxer other then that they dont look into it


    telling people i was silenced = reason to be silenced btw if your wondering wtf the GM was referring to when she said i was bringing it on myself

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    go into trade when your server is at high population
    We're not talking about in WoW. And at any rate I've been fully aware of how it's worked in WoW since about Cataclysm you aren't making any great enlightening point here.

    Do you realise how retarded the situation is, where one would go into a game of HotS and start explaining about their silence system?

    Regarding Heroes of the Storm, my statement is pretty much true. A vocal minority of people who don't think their brand of online asshatery is "that bad" get silenced a lot for being dicks and make out like they belong in the EVEN more tiny minority of actually innocent people who get caught in the cogs of such an automated system.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    telling people i was silenced = reason to be silenced btw if your wondering wtf the GM was referring to when she said i was bringing it on myself
    I'd also agree with the GM here, it was obvious what she was referring to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Strangebrew View Post
    ... something that is completely lost on people like you, with your us vs them mentality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    The makeup lunatics are really one of the weirder developments from paedophile thinking.

  7. #67
    It's not really surprising if you use the same amount of caps and the same tone in game chat

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post
    I mean hey it's needed. We've all felt slightly abused by it before.
    No. No we all haven't.

    OT: Honestly, the op's post is enough to convince me the ban was entirely warranted. I assume Daish is also chat banned by their posts as well, otherwise the ban system might not be strict enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

  9. #69
    Herald of the Titans Daish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,809
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    We're not talking about in WoW. And at any rate I've been fully aware of how it's worked in WoW since about Cataclysm you aren't making any great enlightening point here.

    Do you realise how retarded the situation is, where one would go into a game of HotS and start explaining about their silence system?

    Regarding Heroes of the Storm, my statement is pretty much true. A vocal minority of people who don't think their brand of online asshatery is "that bad" get silenced a lot for being dicks and make out like they belong in the EVEN more tiny minority of actually innocent people who get caught in the cogs of such an automated system.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I'd also agree with the GM here, it was obvious what she was referring to.
    the GM's and policies are the same across all Blizzard games HoTs may only require 5 reports before a automatic silence is issued unlike in WoW where it is 10

    what is obvious that she is trying to tell me "your guild sucks" a single time is somehow classified as harassment or breaking the ToS now?

    someone quick find them a safe space from the bad man
    Last edited by Daish; 2018-06-18 at 11:42 PM.

  10. #70
    Titan Charge me Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Russia, Chelyabinsk (Tankograd)
    Posts
    11,446
    Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    kid go read the ToS why are you even trying to argue from a position of pure ignorance its like your brain is not wired correctly
    ToS explicitly says that spam is forbidden, and if players consider your chatting in trade chat to be spam - then you'll get punished. Screenshots of your chat only proves that system works as intended and should be kept unchanged, because your messages are exactly that - spam, just like "young and lonely women near you" that go right into your spambox, except they don't. You don't want this kind of mail to go into your inbox, right? And people who care don't want your messages to go into trade chat. That's why there is a system like this in place

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    I think that is the crux of the issue though. Of course it isn't true in "EVERY" case (gotta give people an out, so they can tell themselves it isn't them its everyone else) but basically if you got a problem with Blizzards report system it's because you're more of an asshole than the community wants to tolerate. The solution is to stop being such a dick, not to find the anomalous results where someone got silenced unfairly and say "LOOK ITS TOTALLY BUSTED OMG".
    There are probably cases when people get punished "for nothing", but baiting for a ban and acting like an asshole do not fall into this category. I mean, even if there as an obnoxious guy selling postman achievement (you know, the dalaran one) in trade chat - you can't report it as a spam, he uses it in appropriate way, who cares if he tries to be funny with it if his goal is selling a fucking item, and boasting about how good it is is kinda part of trading.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    go into trade when your server is at high population
    If you still don't understand why it happens - because you basically go outside with your pants down, bend over, handle a paddle to strangers and say "spank me, daddy!", then go to police office and complain that people spank you. You can't be serious right now

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Regarding Heroes of the Storm, my statement is pretty much true. A vocal minority of people who don't think their brand of online asshatery is "that bad" get silenced a lot for being dicks and make out like they belong in the EVEN more tiny minority of actually innocent people who get caught in the cogs of such an automated system.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I'd also agree with the GM here, it was obvious what she was referring to.
    It's really interesting that in hots there is not that much time to even chat with people to get silenced. Usually people get reported for going into a rampage and typing furiously while sitting afk and their team getting beating at second dragon shrine. There are also people (who may refer to themselves as "advisory" on these forums) who just can't keep their mouth shut about what they think on what others just did. Like picking a talent (you can't "sell" you talent and "buy" another), like making a decision (you can't rewind and remake a decision), like "not listening to my advice" (you can't "listen to advice" post factum). Those get reported a lot, basically, people get reported for talking instead of playing, which is still fine in my book, but on the edge of being wrong.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    what is obvious that she is trying to tell me "your guild sucks" a single time is somehow classified as harassment or breaking the ToS now?
    Yes, harassing someone even once classified as harassment. Is it weird to you? Here is an unethical advice to you - next time harass people in /w , this way you will receive only 1 report, instead of dozen and your case will always be looked at by a GM and not an automated system! For sure it will result in less chat bans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    There are also people (who may refer to themselves as "advisory" on these forums) who just can't keep their mouth shut about what they think on what others just did.
    Yeah there's one poster here who I've played a few games with through the MMOC channel in HotS who started flaming everyone on our team ( in quickplay mind) for basically not being a MOBA god. Couldn't believe how much of an asshole he felt entitled to be just because they weren't playing to his standard. Always find it hilarious to see him complain about toxicity; he is the reason people stop playing PvP games, so they don't have to encounter toxic pieces of shit like him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Strangebrew View Post
    ... something that is completely lost on people like you, with your us vs them mentality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    The makeup lunatics are really one of the weirder developments from paedophile thinking.

  12. #72
    Herald of the Titans Daish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,809
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    ToS explicitly says that spam is forbidden, and if players consider your chatting in trade chat to be spam - then you'll get punished. Screenshots of your chat only proves that system works as intended and should be kept unchanged, because your messages are exactly that - spam, just like "young and lonely women near you" that go right into your spambox, except they don't. You don't want this kind of mail to go into your inbox, right? And people who care don't want your messages to go into trade chat. That's why there is a system like this in place

    - - - Updated - - -



    There are probably cases when people get punished "for nothing", but baiting for a ban and acting like an asshole do not fall into this category. I mean, even if there as an obnoxious guy selling postman achievement (you know, the dalaran one) in trade chat - you can't report it as a spam, he uses it in appropriate way, who cares if he tries to be funny with it if his goal is selling a fucking item, and boasting about how good it is is kinda part of trading.

    - - - Updated - - -



    If you still don't understand why it happens - because you basically go outside with your pants down, bend over, handle a paddle to strangers and say "spank me, daddy!", then go to police office and complain that people spank you. You can't be serious right now

    - - - Updated - - -



    It's really interesting that in hots there is not that much time to even chat with people to get silenced. Usually people get reported for going into a rampage and typing furiously while sitting afk and their team getting beating at second dragon shrine. There are also people (who may refer to themselves as "advisory" on these forums) who just can't keep their mouth shut about what they think on what others just did. Like picking a talent (you can't "sell" you talent and "buy" another), like making a decision (you can't rewind and remake a decision), like "not listening to my advice" (you can't "listen to advice" post factum). Those get reported a lot, basically, people get reported for talking instead of playing, which is still fine in my book, but on the edge of being wrong.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Yes, harassing someone even once classified as harassment. Is it weird to you? Here is an unethical advice to you - next time harass people in /w , this way you will receive only 1 report, instead of dozen and your case will always be looked at by a GM and not an automated system! For sure it will result in less chat bans.
    you have some special glasses on there

    the GM's even avoid telling you what was said that achieved the ban because they know nothing you said caused the ban its only a ban based on their policy to ban people who are reported and what the player said has no relevance to the ToS

    GM's even say dumbass comments like "pretend you are in witness protection" or "lay low" or "stop using public chat channels if you are reported" so much diversity council bullshit

    i even have screenshots of my character being silenced while talking in /say chat with that silence being upheld because it has NOTHING to do with what was said there was no ToS breach their policy is to ban people if they are reported

    its funny how you keep disagreeing with Blizzard GM's and Community staff when they tell you its not spam its "unnecessary chatter" or they don't decide what spam is aka the ToS has no rules against what was said or how it was said

    come back to reality thx

    the silence system is 100% automated it should email the player who is chat banned everything that was reported but it would end up destroying their system and cause people to start mass reporting players they did not like just to get chat bans issued with out any ToS breach
    Last edited by Daish; 2018-06-19 at 01:28 PM.

  13. #73
    When i appealed to silence GM said "Unfortunately we cannot reveal the details of the silence" CTRL+C CTRL+V from my appeal.

    "but I can make you aware of some of the behaviours that may had led to this"

    "this includes telling people what talents should they pick, none constructive advise"

    So basically you can't tell people what ult should they pick, if they should defeat camp, push, def etc because this way you consider them as bad players (you think they don't know what to do = they are bad) and this is 100% abusive and can lead to silence.

    Every single world can lead to ban with sam exceptions like "hi" "wp" "gg"

  14. #74
    Titan Charge me Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Russia, Chelyabinsk (Tankograd)
    Posts
    11,446
    Quote Originally Posted by Druitz View Post
    "this includes telling people what talents should they pick, none constructive advise"
    You seem to overlook a comma and what's written after that, none constructive advise is whats important here, saying "Uther you should pick bubble in this game", because enemy has butcher is fine, but saying "Uther you should've picked bubble instead of stun" is not, because first - you are planning for what's ahead of the game, and second - you are blaming other player for making a decision
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    You seem to overlook a comma and what's written after that, none constructive advise is whats important here, saying "Uther you should pick bubble in this game", because enemy has butcher is fine, but saying "Uther you should've picked bubble instead of stun" is not, because first - you are planning for what's ahead of the game, and second - you are blaming other player for making a decision
    Yea that what i said

    "So basically you can't tell people what ult should they pick:

    Every single sentence must be written with brain to avoid silence. One mistake and appeal will not help.

    It's like. I must write something but hmm wait! I must think how to write it to not make it even little offensive or i will be silenced.

    It's one example of many. You can write "illidan go get camps" because you suggest player that he is playing wrong. You must write: Illidan please get camps it will be usefull for team thanks. In the end you still consider him as bad play by giving him advices. Isn't it offensive?

    I belive getting from bronze to master is easier than avoiding silence. Jk - disable chat always work

  16. #76
    Titan Charge me Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Russia, Chelyabinsk (Tankograd)
    Posts
    11,446
    Quote Originally Posted by Druitz View Post
    Yea that what i said
    Nope, you still don't get it. Blaming people for their choices - is toxicity, planning game ahead - is not. First one will make you banned, second - won't.

    Yes, you should think before you write something, if you fail to communicate your thoughts properly it's not playerbases' problem, but yours.

    "Illidan take siege camp" is fine, "Illidan you should've taken siege" - is not. In this example you either execute plan for the game, (or make it on the run) or you blame other player for not doing something using your skills of hindsight. Throwing "please" and "thanks" into your sentences doesn't help. If you say stuff like "you shouldn't fight without me", or "you should see them coming" or "why didn't you back to defend?" you will get reported - because you are not communicating, you are blaming your teammates for making decisions after decisions were made.

    If you are fine with letting your teams spirit down, so your teammates play worse - others aren't.

    It's not the case of being offensive or not, it's the case of communicating with your team. Again, it boils down to players own skill to communicate with strangers, you don't even see people discussing picks in lobby now, in just one out of 8 last games i had a player asking if he should pick blaze for bunker or something else against dive-heavy comp. I, personally, ask others to pick certain ults or talents midgame (before we reached that level and they made a decision to pick other talent, duh) almost every second game (in last 3 games iirc i asked Auriel pick blind against Illidan because we had no ways to deal with him, dunno if it affected her decision, but she did picked blind and i didn't get banned for that. Also in that game i pinged for assistance on camps 3 or 4 times, still didn't get banned. And in some other game i asked Fenix to solo siege camp instead of going down the shaft on mines with us) and still no ban or letter from blizzard. I also do remember blaming others for misplay (comes to mind last season when Zerathul dropped void prison on top of 3 enemy players while i was finishing casting combustion on top of them, completely whiffing the cast and using that time sitting in a green bubble to yell at him) and still. No. Silence. Either because i'm lucky, or i don't do that often.

    I think at this point i'll start screenshotting my communication with teammates just to shove them into these conversations
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2018-06-19 at 07:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Druitz View Post
    Yea that what i said
    Well yeah, unless they've asked for your opinion or advice; you should keep it to yourself, why would that need to be explained, isn't it obvious?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Druitz View Post
    It's like. I must write something...
    Just... no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Strangebrew View Post
    ... something that is completely lost on people like you, with your us vs them mentality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    The makeup lunatics are really one of the weirder developments from paedophile thinking.

  18. #78
    The Lightbringer Twoddle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,103
    Quote Originally Posted by Druitz View Post
    Yea that what i said

    "So basically you can't tell people what ult should they pick:

    Every single sentence must be written with brain to avoid silence. One mistake and appeal will not help.

    It's like. I must write something but hmm wait! I must think how to write it to not make it even little offensive or i will be silenced.

    It's one example of many. You can write "illidan go get camps" because you suggest player that he is playing wrong. You must write: Illidan please get camps it will be usefull for team thanks. In the end you still consider him as bad play by giving him advices. Isn't it offensive?

    I belive getting from bronze to master is easier than avoiding silence. Jk - disable chat always work
    Sounds like political correctness gone mad, soon the imperative clause will be gone from language completely. Reminds me of that George Carlin standup and soft language.

    lol even the dictionary gives a warning against using it - https://dictionary.cambridge.org/gra...auses-be-quiet.
    Last edited by Twoddle; 2018-06-20 at 05:08 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •