Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    are you insane

would you even agree to something basic like everything reported should be shown to players who get silenced so they can choose to make it public
    I don't see a reason why everything reported should be shown to players, since it only allows players to then create "lets discuss blizzards moderation!" threads on their own forums, where victims present out-of-context stuff which they've got reported for (because i don't believe that algorithm can properly catch context, that's why we have report system in place, so humans can see context and decide if it's worthy of a silence or removal from the game, or not).

It's also the same reason why you don't get an explanation how exactly your bot was found, when and why they stalled ban for that long after detecting it. They'll keep their algorithms away from community and it makes sense.
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2018-06-30 at 11:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard have a policy to ban anyone trying to discuss GM moderation on their own forums so i don't know what the hell your talking about

what context? its what the player that's being banned for.... the reported messages there is no context that will justify a player breaking a policy how would any of it be out of context

there is no algorithms running this stuff Blizzard do NOT take action on anything said in game UNLESS it is reported

you are speaking from pure ignorance now you haven't even got a reasonable argument you clearly haven't read the ToS and have no idea how any of these systems work

you need to stop talking until you do some research
    Exactly, and allowing players tools to discuss moderation (by sending them reported chat lines) and disallowing to discuss moderation on forum at the same time doesn't make any sense. They either want players to discuss moderation, or they don't. In this case - they don't, and they won't, because this decision makes the most sense of all.

Like, having a history of spamming /2 with non-sense and pissing off people or discussing heated topics, or someone taking offense in something not offensive, you know, context. It's kinda important. Weird that you don't realize that.

First - I don't believe you and you have nothing to back your claim up; Second - algorithms aren't limited to automatic detection systems. There is in fact an algorithm, you yourself say that there is one, you know, the one that silences player when he gets 10 reports, remember? Yeah, that's an algorithm. I also don't think that blizzards report system is this simple, and my guess is as good as yours unless we get a message from blizzard themselves that clarifies that.
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    For someone who supposedly never uses chat, you're awfully angry about chat bans.
    This comment made my day really!

Given the forum this thread is in, keep the discussion centered around the Heroes report system.

And remember civility.

15+ Year Old Account
    I thought you couldn't get banned for chat if you haven't actually typed something? I seem to recall a blue post about it a while back, did they change their stance?

A silence system based on community efforts is always going to be abused though.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

10 people is not a a community

what don't you understand about the number 10

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

that's only 2 groups of 5

over a 24 hour peroid

on the 4th most populated Alliance server

its a minority reporting me

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/minority

the only way your logic would make sense is if everyone on the server got to vote no silence or silence and over 50% voted silence your logic is not there you have no logic
    How do you know it's only ten? Could have been 200 people reporting you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    I thought you couldn't get banned for chat if you haven't actually typed something? I seem to recall a blue post about it a while back, did they change their stance?

A silence system based on community efforts is always going to be abused though.
    They've implemented something like that, yes. I hope it will teach people to use proper reports, instead of throwing in a abusive chat all the time.

its impossible for it to be 200 since you are AUTOMATICALLY kicked out of the game soon as the 10th person reports you when the AUTOMATIC silence is applied
    Being offline doesn't ward you from being reported though? If i immediately log out after poting racist crap in /2 i will still have to deal with reports and the justified silence.

You just really stop acting like a child and take responsibility for the shit you post in trade chat. You have a long history of annoying a lot of people to get where you are now. It's not anyone elese's fault, it's only yours and yours alone.

Deleted
    Remember the SC2 teaser where at the end, the zerglings form GG? Blizzard should ban themselves.

If you afk alot, or purposefully ruin the game for others that can get you reported too you know. Or by spamming pings, don't have to use chat to be toxic.

...........racist crap? what are you even talking about

you are the one acting like a child if you think people you find annoying should be banned from the game when they have done nothing to break the ToS

how about you use the /ignore feature to keep your safe space

maybe i have a history of tens of thousands of players knowing who i am
    the more people who know somebody the higher chance they will meet somebody they dislike

once again
    if 1 out of 100 people dislike you and want to report you for being annoying but you only know 300 people that is 3 reports out of 10
    if 1 out of 100 people dislike me and want to report me for being annoying but 1000 players know me that is 10 reports out of 10

we have the exact same dislike to like ratio we behave in the exact same manner but only one of us is punished with the automatic ban

do you understand basic math this has nothing to do with racism or breaking the ToS
    ITS AN AUTOMATIC SYSTEM RUN BY THE PLAYERS
    "Racist crap" was a banworthy example, duh.

And yes, silencing people who are annoying legions of people is EXACTLY what the system is for, working as intended. And it can't be "automatic" AND "run by the players", you have to decide.

using /ignored and having someone reported for breaking the ToS are two different things
    the system that should be used to deal with players you are talking about is /ignore

you must be a fascist to believe the silence system should replace the /ignore function

reporting and having players banned is meant to to deal with toxic players (its not meant to deal with players you dislike for personal reasons) but now that its all automatic it becomes a tool that can be used by players to BULLY others the report system is becoming one of the most toxic things in Blizzard games

its run by players and it is automatically applied to the account once 10 reports is reached
    how is that not run by players and automatic

the way things use to work was players sent in reports and a GM reviewed everything before action was taken a manual review system was replaced by an automatic system triggered by the number of reports NOTHING else

i have a feeling you think racism is everywhere by the way you attempt to manipulate and knowingly replying with false information as to how the silence system is really working it leads me to believe you are one of the people who abuses broken features like this
    I never said it should replace /ignore? Stop strawmanning maybe? It's a welcome addition to the system. I really don't want to pay 5 more bucks every months to have Blizzard pay thousands of GMs to manually review stupid people. System is working just fine. If you think you get silenced for "nothing", repeatedly, you should start reflecting a little more. Is there a marginal risk for the system to be abused? Yes, there is. Is abuse of the system common or even a problem? No, it's not. Behave and you won't get banned, it's just as easy as that. And an automatic system is the chat filter. This is not automated. It's community driven.