Thread: Whats better?

7+ Year Old Account

Whats better?

I've been using Pitbull Unit Frames for years now, after I seen them on a Hybrid Panda video YEARS ago lol.

I'm wondering if Shadow Unit Frames is any better as in; has more customizing options and/ more informative and if its time for me to make the jump over. Or if there other better options out there?!

Thanks for the assist in advance :P

It really is personal preference. Both Pitbull and SUF do same thing and have lots of options. I've tried using both, but for the past few years have been using SUF.

I think Pitbull has more text display customization but other than that they are pretty similar.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Personally.. I've always been using X-Perl, and later Z-Perl when it got updated. I've still liked that one best because of the animations it uses.
    But in the end, as Parach also said.. It all comes down to personal preference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    Currently, I am my boss. And despite my complaints to HR, I simply will not stop sexually harassing myself.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marinai View Post
    Personally.. I've always been using X-Perl, and later Z-Perl when it got updated. I've still liked that one best because of the animations it uses.
    But in the end, as Parach also said.. It all comes down to personal preference.
    Yeah I was just looking for opinions and options on the matter, I haven't even heard of the two you listed so I'll check those out as well

My personal preference goes to ElvUI, i know it's not just a unitframes addon, but that's what i use since mop.

I used both Suf and Pitbull, i say that Pitbull is more configurable, as noted by Parach.
    Suf seems lighter, maybe just my personal feel

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    SUF has been my go-to for the better part of a decade because it allows me to make my UI look precisely how i want my UI to look. I dont know about pitbull having greater text configuration options because that isnt something i care about with my UIs, i am more concerned with the frames themselves - and in that regard SUF has tremendous customization options.

FWIW, you can make it look like most other UI mods as well. You can easily replicate the look and layout of xpearl or grid, for example.
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2018-06-13 at 01:18 PM.