Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What in the world is up with South American servers and their "GO GO GO" attitude?

For some reason I often get paired with players from Latin America servers such as Quel'thalas and Ragnaros (probably in the same battlegroup as me). More often than not these players are constantly shouting "GO GO GO" every freaking minute.

There is nothing wrong with playing the game at a fast pace but I believe that the feeling in groups is better when you DON'T spam "GO". Just an FYI to any of those players who may be on this forum.

Kek, it's not just a "South American" thing.

It's a 2010's gamer thing.

It's global :P

GO GO GO!

Well you could just... go go go!
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

So, this is like a PSA, or just rhetoric? Or... like, a diary post?

What is there to discuss here?

What is wrong with these guys? That's it, I am going to create a thread about this go go go mentality so the rest of the world is aware of this dire situation. Also, click on subscribe so you can follow me and keep up to date with all of my meaningless rants.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    For some reason I often get paired with players from Latin America servers such as Quel'thalas and Ragnaros (probably in the same battlegroup as me). More often than not these players are constantly shouting "GO GO GO" every freaking minute.

There is nothing wrong with playing the game at a fast pace but I believe that the feeling in groups is better when you DON'T spam "GO". Just an FYI to any of those players who may be on this forum.
    SA servers are a meme for that exact reason. Also battlegroups haven't existed in like, 5 + years or something (on the U.S servers at least)

I feel like its the attitude of most puggers regardless of server. Tho personally I dont group with players from those realms, if I can help it, because I'm had overwhelmingly negative experiences with players from those realms. Language barrier is one problem, then there always seem to be an elitist attitude paired with a lack of skill, when language isn't an issue.

Just spam "vamanos" back to em. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post

Did responding in such a way make your lil e-peen twitch with glee?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Maybe you should hurry the fuck up and stop wasting people's time. Everyone apparently has a life now so...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Maybe you should hurry the fuck up and stop wasting people's time. Everyone apparently has a life now so...
    The thing is that it's spammed as soon as the key is entered or the group is formed. It's not like we are sitting around just twiddling our thumbs not doing anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SensationalBanana View Post
    Kek, it's not just a "South American" thing.

It's a 2010's gamer thing.
    Honestly it's kind of slowed down with any NA group I have.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you respond this way to everyone? Or is this just like a diary type response?

This was common on NA servers in Wrath, and persisted up until I quit playing in WOD. The last dungeon I ever ran in WOW was Spires, and I got booted because I asked if I could stop to finish the quest there - in the second week of the expansion's release. I saw people booted from LFR and normal pugs simply for asking "Strat?" in chat before the chain pulling started. This is nothing new, to NA servers.

Were SA servers a heaven of people who didn't chain pull up until now?

Honestly it's kind of slowed down with any NA group I have.
    It definitely picked up for awhile in NA around 2010-2014 but has slowed down a bit on average. Definitely still plenty of NA players in LFR/LFG with that mentality, but the numbers seem to be lower lately and their GO GO GO mentalities aren't quite as reckless.

I've experience the same phenomenon. I play on Area 52, which very often gets Ragnaros (Central America) and Gallywix (Brazil) players via LFR/LFG/Group Finder. If they are alone, they will often have that GO GO GO mentality. If they join as a group, they will often be painfully slow and just talking to their friends in either Spanish (Ragnaros) or Portuguese (Gallywix) in group chat while wandering around aimlessly. Most NA players I encounter fall somewhere between those two but rarely actually approach the extremes.

I would love to say that I didn't believe it was a regional thing, but those servers in particular have a ton of players get filtered into groups and they more often than not fit into one of those two descriptions.

I'm sure we have our own quirky things we do on NA servers that SA servers don't do.
    Last edited by Fritters154; 2018-06-13 at 08:34 PM.

Do you respond this way to everyone? Or is this just like a diary type response?
    To threads that basically just whine, yep. Do you always answer questions with more questions before repeating what I said to you?

So I'll ask a second time, what is there to discuss here? How inconvenienced you are? How we're going to fix this? How it's causing the sky to fall on your gaming experience? Get to the point. They say, "Go go go," and now what? That it feels better to you when people don't spam "Go"? Okay, cool. It was a diary post about your feelings.

/thread

It is probably a habit they have in their wow community. Just ask the person not to spam. Say something like "please stop with go go go. We will go fast, ok?." Im sure they will understand. If not, keep asking the guy as long as he spams lol.

Im saying that as someone who has lived for almost 10 years in south america. I like them. They are nice people.
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2018-06-13 at 08:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    It is probably a habit they have in their wow community. Just tell the person not to spam. Say something like "please stop with go go go. We will go fast, ok?." Im sure they will understand. If not keep spamming a reply to the guy as well lol.

Im saying that as someone who has lived for almost 10 years in south america.
    Yeah, that kind of civility usually doesn't have a great impact but I will try

- - - Updated - - -

To threads that basically just whine, yep. Do you always answer questions with more questions before repeating what I said to you?

So I'll ask a second time, what is there to discuss here? How inconvenienced you are? How we're going to fix this? How it's causing the sky to fall on your gaming experience? Get to the point. They say, "Go go go," and now what? That it feels better to you when people don't spam "Go"? Okay, cool. It was a diary post about your feelings.

/thread
    oh god....get over yourself *massive eye roll*. If you seriously feel inclined to respond to every post like this then knock yourself out...but maybe you should take a break from the internet.

Deleted
    Have you thought that maybe you're just being unnecessarily slow?

Learn to play your class and use your abilities and stop waiting 20+ seconds in between trash or before boss pulls.

I play on Azralon (BR) and there is definitely the fast paced gameplay here. I'm not trying to justify nothing, by any means, but mostly when this kind of thing happens it's due to ppl being used to this in their own lives. I work from 9-18, and have uni from 19-22:15. I raid in a mythic guild from 23-01, mondays to thursdays. Schedule is pretty tight and most ppl down here are used to things being rushed out because of the "lack of time" they have. Most of my experience with NA servers are smooth, with an occasional player saying that he doesn't want to play with me because i'm from my server (and implying that i'm low-skilled or that my internet connection might be inconsistent) But I mostly have pleasant experiences.

On the other hand, the language barrier, as you said, is a genuine problem due to text interpretation.

Just as a bonus info, the server which I have most problems while pugging is Illidan. I don't know why, really.

PS: I can't speak for ppl in Quel'talas and Ragnaros, I don't know how their community works.

Concluding, I hope you have better experiences with other players from all SA. Don't think this is a general problem, but surely, there are issues.

Cheers

Yeah, that kind of civility usually doesn't have a great impact but I will try

- - - Updated - - -

oh god....get over yourself *massive eye roll*. If you seriously feel inclined to respond to every post like this then knock yourself out...but maybe you should take a break from the internet.
    Okay, so there was no point, then? I asked twice. Didn't get an answer.

If you think saying "Go, go go" is obnoxious in two year old content, maybe you should take a break from WoW.

Thanks for trying.