Poll: Which Nelves?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    I will be so disappointed in Blizzard (won't be the first time I guess) if they don't take advantage of the situation with Night Elves, having lost so many things and now lost Teldrassil, that they stop acting 'nice' and start to act more feral.
    Blizzard will use it as a chance to reaffirm humans know what's best, humans are the Alliance, Anduin's bones hurt because the Night Elves want blood for blood from the Horde, he will tell them they are wrong, it's not the Alliance way, or the way of the light and the player will be forced to side with the annoying little bastard, and you will end up being 'one in the light' (forever living in a ghetto in Stormwind as High Elf 2.0) or some bullshit because 'Alliance archetype'. If Blizzard doesn't do this I'll be amazed. But they will, it's all those stupid fuck devs can do when it comes to Alliance lore, especially the Night Elves.
    Fuck you, Give me Money- Bli$$ard

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandurp Failermoon View Post
    Blizzard will use it as a chance to reaffirm humans know what's best, humans are the Alliance, Anduin's bones hurt because the Night Elves want blood for blood from the Horde, he will tell them they are wrong, it's not the Alliance way, or the way of the light and the player will be forced to side with the annoying little bastard, and you will end up being 'one in the light' (forever living in a ghetto in Stormwind as High Elf 2.0) or some bullshit because 'Alliance archetype'. If Blizzard doesn't do this I'll be amazed. But they will, it's all those stupid fuck devs can do when it comes to Alliance lore, especially the Night Elves.
    I said this a lot lately but I just want Blizzard to take a risky move with Night Elves and show how much they've had enough. :< Let's have them be the "baddies" of Alliance and start take some Horde as slaves and force them into horrid things - rebuild some old ruins of theirs to become the new capital, laugh at them when putting them into a pit fight to the death, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn the Second View Post
    Her smug and judgemental disposition cost her an alliance with (or at worst the neutrality of) the Nightborne.
    "So Thalyssra, let's review. People like yours summoned the Legion the first time. When you realized we were in deep shit, you took your magic and hid under a bubble, leaving the rest of us to die or whatever. You didn't give a shit about the rest of the world for 10k years, staying in the bubble. By the way, we fought off the Legion again. You only came out when they came a third time and wrecked the bubble. Your leader promptly made deals with them. While you were at your lowest, some of your followers actually mouthed off to people who were trying to help them. Let's face it, the Nightborne haven't exactly been the most trustworthy people. How do we know we know you won't cut and run or stab us in the back again?"

Man, what a bitch! How dare she not trust people who have a history of betrayal and the unmitigated gall to be snotty to their rescuers?

"Oh yeah, Tyrande? Just for voicing reasonable concerns, I'm going to prove you can't trust me by joining the Horde!"

What a waste this was. You could have had an ongoing arc about the Nightborne slowly reintegrating into modern society, realizing they had to eat a bit of humble pie, and regain trust from people they wronged. Meanwhile, you could have the Horde concerned because of frequent references to "The Nightborne forgot more about magic than we Blood Elves will ever know." Nah, screw that. Horde, play as your choice of purple or peach snotty, arrogant magic addicts.

They always look down on other elves for their utilisation of great fonts of power like the Sunwell or Nightwell but the first thing night elves always do whenever they move into a new area is hurry to set up a moonwell.
    Something something, arcane vs holy via Elune.

"So guys, that Legion thing was awful, we barely won and half the damn world just got sunken under the sea. Well, we learned not to fuck around with magic, right?"
    "Hmm, what? Sorry, we couldn't hear you over summoning new robes, houses, and hair accessories."
    "Are you joking? That shit nearly got the world destroyed! Besides, we've seen how it corrupts!"
    "Corrupts? No it doesn't, and to prove our point, we'll try to kill you for forbidding us to have our arcane hair care!"
    "Ok, even though you just tried to kill us all over shampoo, we're going to be nice and just tell you to leave instead of killing you."
    "Fine, we didn't want to live here anyway! *sets up Quel'thalas, Guardians, Medivh, etc* Oh how misunderstood we are!"
    Last edited by Feanoro; 2018-06-24 at 05:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    "So Thalyssra, let's review. People like yours summoned the Legion the first time. When you realized we were in deep shit, you took your magic and hid under a bubble, leaving the rest of us to die or whatever. You didn't give a shit about the rest of the world for 10k years, staying in the bubble. By the way, we fought off the Legion again. You only came out when they came a third time and wrecked the bubble. Your leader promptly made deals with them. While you were at your lowest, some of your followers actually mouthed off to people who were trying to help them. Let's face it, the Nightborne haven't exactly been the most trustworthy people. How do we know we know you won't cut and run or stab us in the back again?"

Oh yeah, what a bitch.
    You know if you ever actually bothered to look up any lore what so ever, that the would be nightborne saved the night elf rebellion against Aszhara by closing the second front at the broken shore and that the only reason they survived the Sundering was because of their bubble one a willd god died to buy them time to erect?

Tyrande failed basic diplomacy, nothing more.

"So guys, that Legion thing was awful, we barely won and half the damn world just got sunken under the sea. Well, we learned not to fuck around with magic, right?"
    "Hmm, what? Sorry, we couldn't hear you over summoning new robes, houses, and hair accessories."
    "Are you joking? That shit nearly got the world destroyed! Besides, we've seen how it corrupts!"
    "Corrupts? No it doesn't, and to prove our point, we'll try to kill you for forbidding us to have our arcane hair care!"
    "Ok, even though you just tried to kill us all over shampoo, we're going to be nice and just tell you to leave instead of killing you."
    "Fine, we didn't want to live here anyway! *sets up Quel'thalas, Guardians, Medivh, etc* Oh how misunderstood we are!"
    So are you purposefully forgetting they had runestones that masked their use of magic, or did you just never actually know that?

Or are you saying the night elves moving in on Blood elf lands when they were trying to recover from Arthas was the noble thing to do? If you want to look at stupid uses of magic, the night elves of Dire maul say hello.

It's almost like the night elves are constantly inviting people to kick them as hard as they can, all part of the constant punching bag they are always written to be. Too stupid to do anything but make enemies of people instead of allies, and too incompetent to ever manage anything without calling the humans for help. They don't come off as savage obviously, but they don't come off as civilized either, more of the backwoods country elves that are the mockery of the other elven races and the story at large.
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2018-06-24 at 05:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Wow, I've been graced with a reply from the "Horde can do no wrong" poster boy himself!

So tell me, where exactly do I find this retcon about nightborne saving anything but their own hides? I assume I need to buy another shitty book, because I've been through the Suramar campaign multiple times and it didn't say jack about that.

I notice you don't remotely address that the belf banishment was fully justified, instead shifting the goalposts AND attacking me at the same time. Keep it classy. If you want to play the "don't you know this, you ignorant wretch" routine, don't you know that Blizz explicitly calls the Dire Maul people Highborne? You know, the same kind of dumbasses as the belves? The only differences were they hadn't made the models yet, and to justify that in the story, the DM guys were only taking enough to live, not gorging to the point of mutation. As to your runestones, you do understand those were AFTER the banishment for killing their own people, right?

Let's see, people who were banished for being treacherous mana addicts who attacked their own people are entertaining overtures from the Horde (considering it's a quest for baby belf players, they're already in the Horde). Gosh, I'm sure it will all work out! Wait no, get some people over there to see what's going on before they screw us again.
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

10+ Year Old Account

Man, what a bitch! How dare she not trust people who have a history of betrayal and the unmitigated gall to be snotty to their rescuers?

"Oh yeah, Tyrande? Just for voicing reasonable concerns, I'm going to prove you can't trust me by joining the Horde!"

What a waste this was. You could have had an ongoing arc about the Nightborne slowly reintegrating into modern society, realizing they had to eat a bit of humble pie, and regain trust from people they wronged. Meanwhile, you could have the Horde concerned because of frequent references to "The Nightborne forgot more about magic than we Blood Elves will ever know." Nah, screw that. Horde, play as your choice of purple or peach snotty, arrogant magic addicts.

Something something, arcane vs holy via Elune.

You'd think someone who has lived for over 10,000 years would have had time to develop a little nuance in her thinking and not be so quick to paint an entire people with the same brush.

Of course Tyrande and the Kaldorei are right to be very cautious regarding flippant use of magical power, but to outright dismiss a potential ally because of the actions of individuals of the same race or its leadership is sheer folly. And it may have cost the Kaldorei dearly.
    Thalyssra expressed a desire to move away from reliance on the Nightwell, to step back into the world beyond Suramar and learn from the peoples that the Nightborne isolated themselves from for so long. Instead of recognising this commendable development and encouraging the First Arcanist's impulses and taking the opportunity to mentor her in this endeavour, Tyrande dismissed her and all her followers as being simply too untrustworthy. She let a 10,000 year old grudge get in the way of acquiring a powerful ally and reuniting a divided people.

She drove the Nightborne into the open arms of the Sin'dorei and the Horde and, in doing so, perhaps gave Sylvanas the confidence to launch her assault on Darnassus. The Dark Lady may not have felt confident enough to attempt such a bold assault were it not for her new allies' magical and (apparent) capital power.

On Darnassian-Thalassian relations -

Dath'remar and his followers, who would later become the high elves, never attacked the rest of the night elves. On the contrary, they fought with the Kaldorei Resistance against Azshara. And then, when they refused to give up the practice of arcane arts and were exiled for it, the primordial high elves didn't lash out at or attack their night elven kin, they embraced their forced emigration and saw it as an opportunity to build a society based entirely on their ideals.

For thousands of years Quel'Thalas flourished. They helped to create the Council of Tirisfal to ward against demons of the Legion that found their way to Azeroth regardless of the existence of the Sunwell and were only undone when one of their own betrayed them.

After this betrayal that saw the high elves almost completely annihilated, the Kaldorei sent a force to Quel'Thalas not to offer aid, despite Prince Kael'thas being nothing but courteous and helpful to Tyrande and her retinue during her hunt for Illidan during the Third War, but to attack their former kin.

They launched an opportunistic assault upon the blood elves before they had even shown the faintest interest in joining the Horde. On the contrary, they accepted Anvilward believing him to be an envoy of the Alliance! Presumably, this was because they were interested in perhaps rejoining the Alliance, despite Garithos' abuse and the betrayal of the Kirin Tor (willing to abide the execution of one of their leaders (Kael) in their own city).

The night elves were attempting to sabotage the blood elves' arcane sanctums at a time when they were fighting for their lives. The undead were closing in on the last of the Thalassians and they didn't have the luxury of time or safety to deal with the pangs of withdrawal they were feeling from the destruction of the Sunwell. The arcane sanctums were one of the blood elves' only sources of relief from an addiction they had no idea they had at a time when they faced extinction if they couldn't fight back.

This attack by the night elves was not the empathetic intervention of a concerned relative, hiding a drug supply from a loved one who was trying to quit an addiction they were aware of. This was a mugging of a date-rape victim shivering in the gutter of a cold street. It was vicious, underhanded and cruel and, once again, the actions of the night elves seemed to deprive the Alliance of another allied race because, before this attack was exposed, the blood elves still welcomed those they thought were Alliance diplomats into Quel'Thalas.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Wow, I've been graced with a reply from the "Horde can do no wrong" poster boy himself!

So tell me, where exactly do I find this retcon about nightborne saving anything but their own hides? I assume I need to buy another shitty book, because I've been through the Suramar campaign multiple times and it didn't say jack about that.

I notice you don't remotely address that the belf banishment was fully justified, instead shifting the goalposts AND attacking me at the same time. Keep it classy. If you want to play the "don't you know this, you ignorant wretch" routine, don't you know that Blizz explicitly calls the Dire Maul people Highborne? You know, the same kind of dumbasses as the belves? The only differences were they hadn't made the models yet, and to justify that in the story, the DM guys were only taking enough to live, not gorging to the point of mutation. As to your runestones, you do understand those were AFTER the banishment for killing their own people, right?

Let's see, people who were banished for being treacherous mana addicts who attacked their own people are entertaining overtures from the Horde (considering it's a quest for baby belf players, they're already in the Horde). Gosh, I'm sure it will all work out! Wait no, get some people over there to see what's going on before they screw us again.
    Try reading a Chronicle book.

Also the blood elves weren't part of the Horde during that quest.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn the Second View Post
    Dath'remar and his followers, who would later become the high elves, never attacked the rest of the night elves. On the contrary, they fought with the Kaldorei Resistance against Azshara. And then, when they refused to give up the practice of arcane arts and were exiled for it, the primordial high elves didn't lash out at or attack their night elven kin, they embraced their forced emigration and saw it as an opportunity to build a society based entirely on their ideals.
    Then they've retconned the living hell out of it at some point. Oh well, like we said in BC about blood elf spaceships and the great Metzen completely forgetting everything he ever wrote in WC3, "lore lol".

And as suspected, I need to get a book that even the most obsessive Red Shirts say retcons the hell out of everything (complete with apologists for Sargeras, Arthas, and the demon Horde, none of them were bad, just misunderstood!) because Blizz somehow can't tell a story in their main medium, goes for cheap cash grabs, and then wonders why the playerbase is upset and confused. Just remember, if you defend this practice, you're defending "War Crimes" and the fragmented story telling that gave us Orc to the Future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then they've retconned the living hell out of it at some point. Oh well, like we said in BC about blood elf spaceships and the great Metzen completely forgetting everything he ever wrote in WC3, "lore lol".

And as suspected, I need to get a book that even the most obsessive Red Shirts say retcons the hell out of everything (complete with apologists for Sargeras, Arthas, and the demon Horde, none of them were bad, just misunderstood!) because Blizz somehow can't tell a story in their main medium, goes for cheap cash grabs, and then wonders why the playerbase is upset and confused. Just remember, if you defend this practice, you're defending "War Crimes" and the fragmented story telling that gave us Orc to the Future.
    Oh, I can totally sympathise! I get really frustrated about how much of the lore Blizzard chooses to leave out of their primary medium (the games). It feels like it kind of shafts us players, forcing anyone who cares about the story to either fork out more cash for books or scour the web for decent synopses. It sucks.

In the present tense, I'm particularly pissed off that we won't get to see a lot of the reasoning behind Sylvanas' actions in the upcoming expansion, depriving us players of the context for the wars we are expected to fight. How are we supposed to get into the faction war when we're not really told in game why are leaders would have us fight this war?! /sigh
    Then again, going by what I've heard of Golden's writing, she's not much better than Knaak! So, maybe any complexities she might attempt to conjure up probably just fall flat anyway.

Regarding the Well of Eternity business, you would be right in thinking that many of the Highborne remained loyal to Azshara, even after she struck a pact with the Legion, but Dath'remar and his followers broke away quite early on and then pledged themselves to fight alongside the Resistance. They just weren't too happy about the "No magic!" laws established after the whole affair.

Elisande and co., it seems, remained loyal to Azshara longer than the Sunstriders did, but even she started to think the queen had gone too far and realised that allowing the Legion to invade Azeroth would be bad for everybody. Even if she was primarily motivated to protect her comrades and those in the city of Suramar, Elisande eventually joined the struggle against Azshara in her own way and fought to prevent the Legion from creating a massive gateway within the city.

Deleted
    Thinking about this makes me sad. Why the fuck did they do what they did to Night Elves? They went from being the most respectable race (WC3) to being the absolute worst in the lore (WoW). All they do now is... Well nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by gtgcul8r View Post
    Thinking about this makes me sad. Why the fuck did they do what they did to Night Elves? They went from being the most respectable race (WC3) to being the absolute worst in the lore (WoW). All they do now is... Well nothing?
    They're like Draenei before draenei existed. Draeneis are also the eternal losers. Lose to the Legion, lose to the Horde, then lose to the Iron Horde again.

Most of the alliance is a tale of rebounding against Horde aggression (whether the orcs were manipulated or not by the Legion is irrelevant; the point is they successfully invade and destroy much of the Alliance before the Alliance gets a clue and fights back).

And it makes sense because the orcs are Chris Metzen's baby. He was narcissistic enough to even model himself after his very own Mary Sue (Thrall).

Obviously the WC3 version is better. I wouldn't say they were feral per se, just more reclusive, slow to trust and fiercely protective of their territories. Now they have been completely defanged and need the humans to save them all the time, which is a real shame. WC3 Tyrande would have been absolutely incensed to see her people as refugees growing pumpkins for their human overlords.

A lot of that comes from their forced inclusion in the Alliance for gameplay purposes. Logically, the NEs have very little reason to ally themselves with mayflies that live half a world away and share almost no values or history with them, but they needed to be playable and needed to fit a faction, and Blizzard decided they should be Alliance. As a result, they had to drastically nerf the Night Elves from the self-sufficient powerhouse they were so that the balance of power didn't grossly favor the Alliance, and they had to tame their more violent tendencies so they fit in with the Lawful Good squad.

If there ever was a case for a third faction, Night Elves is it. Alas, only Team Blue and Team Red for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Techno-Druid View Post
    I wish Blizzard brought Maiev back in BfA, she seems to be the only night elf that's not a complete pushover now. I would really love to see her wage cruel, barbaric guerilla attacks on Horde forces in Northern Kalimdor with the rest of the Wardens and maybe even some of their old allies like ancient guardians, Treants, furbolgs, dark trolls (maybe there are tribes beyond the Shadowtooth?), chimeras and faerie dragons. Maybe even have the more militant/less goody draenei factions like the Lightforged and Ashtongue join in.
    I'm wondering too why the wardens aren't there fighting for the night elves. If the Highmountain, Nightborne and Lightforged can change allegiances, then so could the Watchers.

They're basically Elune battlepriests in proper armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    I will be so disappointed in Blizzard (won't be the first time I guess) if they don't take advantage of the situation with Night Elves, having lost so many things and now lost Teldrassil, that they stop acting 'nice' and start to act more feral.

I've been thinking about this lately, and honestly with all the bad stuff happening...

I want them to take over Undercity and have their morals changed to the likes of the Dark Elves. x_x

http://warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Elves

Gives Alliance a chance to have an 'evil race'. >_>
    Are you sure you want that? The Druchii make the Forsaken look like a bunch of goody two shoes. Throwing babies into cauldrons of boiling blood and training the survivors as unquestioning assassins is only scratching the surface of their ludicrous brutality. The race just doesn't fit Warcraft, hell even by Warhammer standards their sheer, gratuitous cruelty stands out, and Warhammer is a damn sight more cynical than Warcraft.

Warhammer Wood Elves fit a little better, but then again they also have tons of skeletons in their closet what with the regular kidnapping of humans to serve their own purposes, being so xenophobic even other Elves think they're pushing it, and calling the Wild Hunt on a rampage against seemingly random targets for the lulz. But in terms of feel they certainly are closer to what I envision the Night Elves than... whatever bastardized punching bag Blizzard had in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    They're like Draenei before draenei existed. Draeneis are also the eternal losers. Lose to the Legion, lose to the Horde, then lose to the Iron Horde again.

Most of the alliance is a tale of rebounding against Horde aggression (whether the orcs were manipulated or not by the Legion is irrelevant; the point is they successfully invade and destroy much of the Alliance before the Alliance gets a clue and fights back).

And it makes sense because the orcs are Chris Metzen's baby. He was narcissistic enough to even model himself after his very own Mary Sue (Thrall).
    Night elves are just as much Chris Metzen's baby as orcs are. Remember that Metzen's favorite character wasn't Thrall, it was Malfurion.

I just really want to see the night elves of WC3 again, this amazing amalgamation of wood elves and drow.

hold on here...

the elves that got banished by night elven society weren't banaished for being mana addicts. THAT addiction came about due to no longer being exposed to the world tree and losing it's effect, then replicating it with the sunwell that was later desecrated by Arthas. The loss of this magical font after having been exposed to such things for thousands of years was the 'addiction'. Those exiled elves were exiled for their use and disposition towards arcane magic and association with those who were in the higher echelons of society.

Now while YES we can sit here and talk about how the sindorei were already attacking night elf NPC's, you have to also remember that these night elves weren't on a diplomatic mission... were already setting up camps in the hills and attempting to sabotage the region's safeguards against the scourge. There was no real story on extending a hand of friendship or trying to get on good terms with quel'thalas (except a surprise side note after the purging of Dalaran if you listen in as alliance or when Alleria looks to bring them back)

I don't like how they're currently portrayed, but the Warcraft 3 version wasn't particularly compelling either.
    My "favorite" portrayal of night elves is actually the one from, uh, parts of Cataclysm. For a brief moment, you had an attempt to reintroduce the different parts of their culture (wardens and highborne at least) into the main one, creating some nice conflict, while at the same time actually exploring the loss of their imortality a little bit. If they had continued with that, maybe I wouldn't hate elves now.

Quote Originally Posted by Techno-Druid View Post
    But seriously, a lot of races seem to have been diluted from Warcraft 3-Vanilla.

Orcs no longer seem as shamanistic bound and a union of clans under the Warchief and more like...just orcs. It's like everything the orcs fought from the end of Warcraft 2 and to beginning of WoW has just become null and void. I remember how shamans were portrayed, as these mysterious fur-clad holymen that went about their business and coexisted harmoniously with the world around them.
    I can definitively agree with that. As WoW's universe expanded and they felt the need to connect everything, so many parts of the lore became so much less interesting. Old gods, titans, shamans/elements, the Dream/druids/ancients... some suffered more than others, though.

I wrote that before someone let me know the current "Horde are innocent. No exceptions." writers had retconned out the blood elf ancestors being so dependent on magic that they attacked their own people rather than give it up, causing their banishment. I eagerly await the next book, in which we learn that the orcs were merely chopping wood for fires to cook dinners for widows, orphans, and the poor, when suddenly those dastardly draenei rushed up and hurled themselves on the axes in a fiendish plan to claim genocide.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Are you sure you want that? The Druchii make the Forsaken look like a bunch of goody two shoes. Throwing babies into cauldrons of boiling blood and training the survivors as unquestioning assassins is only scratching the surface of their ludicrous brutality. The race just doesn't fit Warcraft, hell even by Warhammer standards their sheer, gratuitous cruelty stands out, and Warhammer is a damn sight more cynical than Warcraft.

Warhammer Wood Elves fit a little better, but then again they also have tons of skeletons in their closet what with the regular kidnapping of humans to serve their own purposes, being so xenophobic even other Elves think they're pushing it, and calling the Wild Hunt on a rampage against seemingly random targets for the lulz. But in terms of feel they certainly are closer to what I envision the Night Elves than... whatever bastardized punching bag Blizzard had in mind.
    Well, granted, perhaps not quite -THAT- far but I definitely want them to end up showing they've had enough and start to show what they are capable of and absolutely start with slavery of the Horde races. Given how we're going into a A vs H expansion, it would actually be nice to have one of the Alliance races doing awful things to the Horde.

I wrote that before someone let me know the current "Horde are innocent. No exceptions." writers had retconned out the blood elf ancestors being so dependent on magic that they attacked their own people rather than give it up, causing their banishment. I eagerly await the next book, in which we learn that the orcs were merely chopping wood for fires to cook dinners for widows, orphans, and the poor, when suddenly those dastardly draenei rushed up and hurled themselves on the axes in a fiendish plan to claim genocide.
    I don't know, unless they wanna retcon WoD where it's proven how evil the Orcs can be even without demon blood... '.'

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Said a shining example of objectivity who doesn't whine and bitch about HORDE BIAS at every post.

OT: I can't honestly really choose because I barely ever found anything likeable in the Night Elves. That "we're totally savage and borderline xenophobic but also righteous and noble somehow" vibe of theirs always hurt my nerves. WoW just made me despise Night Elves more, since alongside being insufferable they also became boring as hell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.