Joyful felicitations reader!
Looking for a new guild are we? Recently returned to the game? Your old guild has died out? You're fed up of playing alone? Or you're simply looking to upgrade to some place with that little bit extra? Then boy do I have good news for you - you've already stumbled across the ideal guild for you, and you didn't even know it?! Fancy that!

Rival originated in Cataclysm (proof not everything that resulted from the Cataclysm was bad news) and have been a successful raiding guild on and off ever since. In Legion we strived for Cutting Edge, most recently in ABT, and saw great success, bringing together top-level players, fun-seeking casual players, and every other form of online escapist to form a thriving and hearty community.

Now BfA fast approaches and Rival are looking for all men, women and children(?), to take arms, and join our ranks in a fierce battle to make YOUR World of Warcraft experience all that it could be.

What we can offer to you:
PvE:
  • a relaxed and fun, yet highly competent, raiding environment
  • not only one, but TWO, raid teams to cater to all skill levels
  • considerable progress at a top end raiding level in a push towards back-to-back Cutting Edge achievements throughout the expansion
  • regular and frequent mythic+ runs including competitive teams that are ever-growing in number
PvP:
  • weekly RBG group events (potentially more frequently depending on demand)
  • regular arena groups for fun or for rating
Social:
  • a patient and co-operative officer team with everyone's best interests as their main priority
  • achievement runs for the completionists amongst us
  • the opportunity to participate in organising guild groups and events - a hierarchy to climb if self-fulfilment is your goal
  • constructive criticism displayed in a professional manner
  • a monthly lottery for a chance to test your luck
  • a professional YouTube channel to celebrate our victories (to come)

What we ask of you:
  • to be polite and considerate towards all fellow guild members
  • to have a laugh and have a generally light-hearted attitude (this is a game after all - enjoy it!)
  • to enjoy Azeroth as it was meant to be experienced, together, with friends and guild mates
  • to speak up if there's a guild matter that you don't agree with

FAQ:

What are your raid times?
We raid two nights a week: Team 1: Tuesday/Thursday // Team 2: Sunday/Monday
From 19:00-23:00 realm time, each night, with a break in-between.
On Wednesday we have optional runs, including boost runs to earn ourselves some much-needed gold, achievement runs, or HC/NM runs (when progressed on to mythic) amongst other reset activities.

What if I'm unable to attend a raid?
If it's a one-off occurrence, let the raid leader know in advance in order to allow preparations for your absence, considering we are only a 2-day raiding guild, near 100% attendance is expected with only unavoidable absences.

What raid team should I apply to?
Our first team: for the more experienced player - logs will be scrutinised and achievements will be compared to form the best roster possible in order to achieve Cutting Edge. Detailed knowledge of your class is expected, and you should be confident in vocalising your thoughts and opinions on how we can improve to make the fight easier. We will raid competitively but we'll have a laugh in the process, and enjoy the night together.

Our second team: minimal experience is required, we'll give every player a shot provided they show a decent level of competency, however we do still want to make progress, at a more slower pace than the first team, but with the same goal in mind of Cutting Edge by the end of the tier, the best players will be kept on, as it'd be unfair for them to have to pick up the slack of an underperforming player. This is the better option for a more casual player, who may not yet have mastered their class but shows basic understanding of the game.

What platform do you use for communication?
We have an efficient and highly active Discord channel which we use during raids and other activities, as well as to chill or just have a chat.

If you have any further questions feel free to add my battletag and I'd be glad to answer any of your questions in-game:
Turtle#2170

Thank-you for reading, and I hope to hear from you soon!