Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
  1. #161
    The Undying Butter Emails's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Blaming HillaREEEEEE
    Posts
    31,510
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew79 View Post
    They are summer camps. When people get gassed then we can call them concentration camps.
    Concentration camps were holding facilities for Jewish immigrants illegally entering Germany.

    Extermination camps are a whole other ball game.

    Remember when people were comparing Trump to Hitler and everyone was like "naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw, libs be dumb" and I said "Just wait til they start throwing immigrants into camps. The Trumpkins said that would never happen in a hundred years.

    I hate being right.
    "Nazis are like cats. If they like you, it's probably because you're feeding them." -John Oliver
    "How do Trump's people keep forgetting that they met with Russians?" -Trevor Noah
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    Read the rest of the thread. One is aloud to make an error..

  2. #162
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    where did you link the article? the one i linked was after the first talks had fallen apart, and Trump increased the DACA recipients that he previously had allowed to double. He was going to be called Amnesty Don. The democrats simply didn't want to meet all of his support for the wall funding.
    It didn't fail because of the wall funding, democrats had already agreed to that. It failed because of all the other provisions Trump tried to force through with it, he basically wanted to gut the entire immigration system.

    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...to-citizenship

  3. #163
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Given the state of this forum/the internet I'm mildly surprised someone didn't already suggest gasing the kids because, hey, no more kids no more separation, right?

    Anyway, this is another Trumpism. Causing this then blaming it on anyone else he can, with the Democrats being the scapegoat du jour. Immigration reforms that include more repression but not more processing leads to this kind of stupidity. Who would have thought.
    You are right, how naive of me. I should be amazed that people around here aren't wanting to just shoot them out back, because the internet as a whole, has gone kind of crazy.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Concentration camps were holding facilities for Jewish immigrants illegally entering Germany.

    Extermination camps are a whole other ball game.

    Remember when people were comparing Trump to Hitler and everyone was like "naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw, libs be dumb" and I said "Just wait til they start throwing immigrants into camps. The Trumpkins said that would never happen in a hundred years.

    I hate being right.
    Tbh I was on the "dude liberals you gotta calm down" train about that shit, but then this happened and now I'm like "welp, nothing would surprise me about this administration anymore".

  4. #164
    Quote Originally Posted by LaserSharkDFB View Post
    http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...mers-deal.html

    You are aware, then, that the previous talks had fallen apart. They fell apart because Trump walked away from a deal where Democrats were willing to pay for the wall. This completely counters your point.
    Actually they weren't willing to put up the 20B that Trump asked for, instead they offered way less.
    whats odd about this is Trump actually supported a deal to extend DACA earlier that year and he got basically nothing in return.


    Quote Originally Posted by Trifle View Post
    It didn't fail because of the wall funding, democrats had already agreed to that. It failed because of all the other provisions Trump tried to force through with it, he basically wanted to gut the entire immigration system.

    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...to-citizenship
    he wanted to correct the entire immigration system by the looks of it, so why not let him?

    Quote Originally Posted by LaserSharkDFB View Post
    Why are you ignoring the fact that Democrats were on board for wall funding just two weeks earlier, in the article I linked above? Are you just lying?
    ok so you were right they were on board for wall funding earlier, but they flat out refused when Trump proposed it again as according to this article. my mistake is I had the timeline wrong, a minor error.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomberg
    Senate Democratic Leader Chuck Schumer, who had offered to fully pay for Trump’s border wall ahead of last weekend’s government shutdown, rejected the new proposal on Friday.
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...to-citizenship

  5. #165
    call it like it is, it's a Juvenile Detention Center.
    Americans are the Chinese of the west. The main reason people tolerate them is because they are too big to ignore.

  6. #166
    A 4 Year old was left to sit her own feces and the Agents at the camp did nothing for 3 days. The only reason this was solved was because a 16 year old stepped up and took care of her. So not only are US Government Officials seperating young Children from their parents but they refuse to care for them.
    https://www.businessinsider.de/immig...18-6?r=US&IR=T


    It is only a matter of time before these kids become victims of sexual predators.

  7. #167
    https://twitter.com/ericuman/status/1008155255568326662

    Such great places, much wow

    Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    call it like it is, it's a Juvenile Detention Center.
    Concentration camp*

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kotutha View Post

    It is only a matter of time before these kids become victims of sexual predators.
    That would imply it has not already happened, even not including the 1500 kids that where 'lost'.
    Last edited by Gilrak; 2018-06-18 at 12:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Can you call me when that happens? Don't watch TV normally but for this I will put it on.
    ^In response to a hypothetical about Trump molesting kids on live TV.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Man, I broke the NPC script here. The lack of self awareness really hurts my immersion.

  8. #168
    international pressure should be applied. Throw some sanctions on the people involved.

  9. #169
    I find it strange that they'd set it up to where media aren't allowed in to report on it. Usually that means you're hiding something extremely illegal.

    The atmosphere of "Big Brother Trump is watching you" is unsettling to say the least but outside of that it is better than I expected given the former part.

    edit: Given other testimonies, whether they be from other similar detention camps or simply parts of the camp not photographed, I retract my previous statement. What the fuck.

  10. #170
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    he wanted to correct the entire immigration system by the looks of it, so why not let him?
    Because what he wants to do to immigration is something Democrats are opposed to?

  11. #171
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    international pressure should be applied. Throw some sanctions on the people involved.
    US did just leave the human rights council... it’s better to do it now than yesterday.
    Entropy won't yield to you.

  12. #172
    Meanwhile in Norway Maximum Security Prisons

    Americans are the Chinese of the west. The main reason people tolerate them is because they are too big to ignore.

  13. #173
    Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    Tbh I was on the "dude liberals you gotta calm down" train about that shit, but then this happened and now I'm like "welp, nothing would surprise me about this administration anymore".
    Same. I really miss being on that train.

  14. #174
    Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    Same. I really miss being on that train.
    Same. This is actual fascism, I wish I was being hyperbolic.

  15. #175
    Quote Originally Posted by Your Imouto View Post
    Same. This is actual fascism, I wish I was being hyperbolic.
    https://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/racist-demagogue

    "This requires an explicit mention.

    Democrats are the problem. They don’t care about crime and want illegal immigrants, no matter how bad they may be, to pour into and infest our Country, like MS-13. They can’t win on their terrible policies, so they view them as potential voters!

    — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 19, 2018

    The use of the word “infest” to talk about people is literally out of the Nazi/anti-Semites’ playbook for talking about the Jewish threat. It was also a standard for talking about Chinese in the western United States and it remains part of the vocabulary for talking about Romani (Gypsies) in parts of Europe. This is the most hard-boiled kind of racist demagogic language, the kind that in other parts of the world has often preceded and signaled the onset of exterminationist violence. The verb “to infest” is one generally used to describe insects or vermin (rats), creatures which are literally exterminated when they become present in a house or building or neighborhood."

  16. #176
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Concentration camps were holding facilities for Jewish immigrants illegally entering Germany.

    Extermination camps are a whole other ball game.

    Remember when people were comparing Trump to Hitler and everyone was like "naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw, libs be dumb" and I said "Just wait til they start throwing immigrants into camps. The Trumpkins said that would never happen in a hundred years.

    I hate being right.
    I wish I was still on that train. I thought Trump wouldn't be smart enough to do this stuff but just line his pockets and try to see what he could get away with from a financial point of view. Now me and my father had to sit down and have an actual conversation about what to do if my Department starts coming around asking for loyalty pledges due to the nature of my employment in the government.

  17. #177
    Titan Acidbaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Belgium, Flanders
    Posts
    13,310
    This is also a really great way to turn kids into terrorists against the us at later age.

  18. #178
    Stood in the Fire Arvei's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    h*ck
    Posts
    381
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    They're wearing clean clothes and they're clearly not starving. The facility itself also looks very clean.
    How does this absolve them being ripped away from their families under the guise of "giving them a shower"? That's literally what border agents are telling the parents before they rip their kids away for an indeterminable amount of time. None of this is right, and trying to normalize this kind of behavior for these internment camps is disgusting (not pointing this comment at you directly, just a general observation I see from people trying to brush this atrocity away as nothing big).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •