Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inukashi View Post
    I've seen a panda monk blowing up a stone with his bare hands! Never saw a Orc or Tauren doing this!
    well garrosh did broke up that bell... guess it was stone/metal

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    From playable races? Worgens.
    LUL you bias is showing up again buddy, no way worgens are physically stronger than orcs/taurens

Quote Originally Posted by Azen View Post
    Why not make this a poll ?
    pool are not "accurate, like you can see here there are a lot of biased answers or people who didn't understand the point of the thread

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Half the posts struggle with the word "mortal".
    Pretty sure that was added retroactively after everyone with a brain said Titan. As they really are the strongest.

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    and "physical".
    Cleaving a planet in half with a sword is pretty physical, smartass

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    I am saying that races are a sub-family. Not that just humanoids are a race. Humanoid is a family that consists of many different races. Dragonkin is a family consisted of different dragonid races.
    So then you're accepting that Dragons are in fact a race? I don't understand what you're contesting here. In an earlier post you purported that dragons were not a race because they do not meet certain criteria that humanoid races do meet. Now you've flat out stated that Dragonkin (which is defined as: all races descending from and including dragons) and by extension dragons, are indeed a race, or rather a collection of races; but still: race = true.

The objection was for weather or not Dragons could be used in the topic presented by the OP. The only prerequisites given were the measure being that of physical strength alone, and that the race had to be mortal. A 3rd pre-requisite is inferred in the use of the word race; which has specific meaning. Your first post disagrees with the inclusion of dragons based on their not being a race; which is what I disagreed with. Now you've said not only they, but all Dragonkin are in fact, a race; the name of that race being Dragonkin.

Remember, I never said nor am I saying now that you're wrong about Race being under family. What I am saying is that it's irrelevant. The prerequisites to the OP question are to measure the physical strength of a mortal race; not a mortal race within the humanoid family, or the dragonkin family, or ANY family; just "race" and it ends right there. So Dragons and Tauren (for example) being from different families is a moot point.

So......what's wrong here?

Now...with all of that said I actually did end up disproving my Galakrond idea myself. Galakrond is one dragon, and as I've reiterated so many times already; the OP asked for an entire race. So a single example of one individual, no matter how exceptional; also fails to meet the criteria.

So as far as the actual topic of the thread goes; I think I'd have to fall back to my original Magnataur vs. Gronn thoughts. Unless....anyone know if Sea Giants are mortal?

While considering that things like insertion points, lever length, pennation angle, fiber density, etc, affect muscle force output, a bigger muscle is a stronger muscle, so the "strongest" would likely be a function of total muscle size. For the playable races the order would likely be

Tauren > Draenei = Orc > troll > worgen = night elf > pandaren > dwarf > human > Nancy-boy elves > goblin > gnome

Forsaken are difficult since they are animated by magical forces and their decayed sinews alone would clearly be functioning suboptimally

Of the non-playable races it would like be (discarding non-senient species...not even sure if Magnataur are sentient)

Dragon > Gronn > Magnataur > Ogronn > Ogre > Vrykul > everything else

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    The problem is they're all mortal though. Darn near every "immortal" goes "PUNY MORTALS I WILL DESTROY YOU" just before we kill them.

Like we killed Loken, a titan keeper. I guess you could call the titans immortal since they've managed to recover from their world-souls after being killed, so my vote is titan keepers.
    Mortal just refers to an entity that can die of old age. The Night Elves for example were technically immortal before the fight with Archimonde (I forget if they ever did regain their immortality permanently though). Or for that matter the now Blood Elves; with the restored Sunwell; they may very well be canonically immortal as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Giants. Titans if we even count them.
    I think we should include them. I'd like the answer to be dragons because I love them, but Titans are the likely candidate.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoeth View Post
    While considering that things like insertion points, lever length, pennation angle, fiber density, etc, affect muscle force output, a bigger muscle is a stronger muscle, so the "strongest" would likely be a function of total muscle size. For the playable races the order would likely be

Tauren > Draenei = Orc > troll > worgen = night elf > pandaren > dwarf > human > Nancy-boy elves > goblin > gnome

Forsaken are difficult since they are animated by magical forces and their decayed sinews alone would clearly be functioning suboptimally

Of the non-playable races it would like be (discarding non-senient species...not even sure if Magnataur are sentient)

For bonus headache we can toss in the idea of adjusting for size proportion too. IE: an ant is "stronger" than a human.

I think I'd still put Gronn above Dragons though; at least the average dragon given how much trouble Gruul gave Deathwing and his Flight out in blades edge.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Half the posts struggle with the word "mortal".
    The latest of the messages quoted by you was written approximately 7 minutes prior to the edit, which added the word mortal.

Yes, our "mortal nature" does prevent us from knowing the OP would add in the word "mortal" 37 minutes into the post.

In a universe with magic and varying magical potential, being most powerful has less to do with your physical body and more with what kind of ability you have to both produce raw power and your ability to influence others. Who is most powerful? The one who can crack a mountain with their fists? Or the one who can mindcontrol the one who can crack a mountain with their fists? Is it the one who can rip a tree up by its roots, or is it the one who can call down a lightningbolt and fry the tree-puller before he can even get close?

The World of Warcraft universe is if anything the universe where individual talent has the potential to beat any racial predispositions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alleria Windrunner View Post
    Void Elves, who are the first mortals in the history of the cosmos to successfully defy the shadows' whispers. If they are even mortals anymore, after the awesome power that they have obtained.
    Oh god you're still going...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    lol... no
    Maybe if we only look at alliance races... actually no... cause that's forgetting about dwarves
    There was Worgen in CoC Twilight Highlands who lift up a wagon and whacks people...

Maybe not the strongest of playable races but pretty close to Tauren. Definitely stronger than draenei, dwarf and orc.

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    Pretty sure that was added retroactively after everyone with a brain said Titan. As they really are the strongest.

Cleaving a planet in half with a sword is pretty physical, smartass
    But is Sargeras mortal, oh triggered one?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    But is Sargeras mortal, oh triggered one?
    Oh trust me. If I get triggered I use words way harsher than smartass. I have a pretty extensive vocabulary. But considering you are unfamiliar with the meaning of 'retroactively' I think it is better if I don't waste it on the likes of you.

There was Worgen in CoC Twilight Highlands who lift up a wagon and whacks people...

Maybe not the strongest of playable races but pretty close to Tauren. Definitely stronger than draenei, dwarf and orc.
    What makes Worgen OP is that while they are only close to tauren they are also very agile. As in elf level of agile. The only reason why they don't break the game is that strength and agility aren't both used by a single class. It's either one or the other.

playable race? i will go with taurens since they use actual size totems to smack you with.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoeth View Post

I think your close to right. I wouldn't put high/blood elves below humans, they are on par with Night Elves. I would put Worgen higher than the elves though. They have that primal fury/ instinct going on.

dwarf and tauren were THE strongest entities in the rts and boast the highest racial modifiers for strength at almost double what worgen get.

So yeah... dwarf and tauren both > worgen.

edit:

i think this is a better example than a token quest mob...

might as well compare to the time a certain orc sat in a clearing and could wipe out armies with his mortal cleave (effectively making him harder to kill than the faction boss.

Another amusing point is that worgen only have the agility to match the bonus blood elves get (night elves still have double that) so it seems the devs take a lot of liberty with the rule of cool for some quest feats.
    Last edited by mickybrighteyes; 2018-06-14 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krascara View Post
    In a universe with magic and varying magical potential, being most powerful has less to do with your physical body and more with what kind of ability you have to both produce raw power and your ability to influence others. Who is most powerful? The one who can crack a mountain with their fists? Or the one who can mindcontrol the one who can crack a mountain with their fists? Is it the one who can rip a tree up by its roots, or is it the one who can call down a lightningbolt and fry the tree-puller before he can even get close?

The World of Warcraft universe is if anything the universe where individual talent has the potential to beat any racial predispositions.
    Just assume for sake of the argument that you have an average, fresh adult, being with basic warrior combat training.

Drogbar are the new strongmen of Azeroth. While we bicker and fight faction war, they don't leave their cave-gym.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    So yeah... dwarf and tauren both > worgen.

edit:

i think this is a better example than a token quest mob...
    No its not. Also read Wolfheart novel where Genn show Worgen strength for Alliance before they accepted them. Their strength was one of main factors why Alliance was open to discuss their joining in first place.

Worgen are pretty close to Tauren's level of strength - orcs, draenei, trolls, dwarves all are bellow Worgen power level.

If we had 1v1 fist fight of Tauren and Worgen I would put my money on Worgen. Because he may be slight less powerful than cow but has more agility, speed and mobility.

Of all playable races in pure no armor/weapon/magic fights Worgens are probably the most deadly combatant.
    Last edited by Highwhale; 2018-06-15 at 02:32 PM.

Playable its either Tauren or Pandaren hands down. Both are huge, muscular, and known for being incredibly strong. Remember how a Pandaren child was beating full grown, skilled, adults twice her size (Lili)?

- - - Updated - - -

No its not. Also read Wolfheart novel where Genn show Worgen strength for Alliance before they accepted them. Their strength was one of main factors why Alliance was open to discuss their joining in first place.

Worgen are pretty close to Tauren's level of strength - orcs, draenei, trolls, dwarves all are bellow Worgen power level.

If we had 1v1 fist fight of Tauren and Worgen I would put my money on Worgen. Because he may be slight less powerful than cow but has more agility, speed and mobility.

Of all playable races in pure no armor/weapon/magic fights Worgens are probably the most deadly combatant.
    Or Pandaren, Pandaren are both known to be very fast and very strong.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg