Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    EDIT: But then again, was Galakrond mortal? Not sure if he was actually. If he wasn't, then wrestling match Gron vs. Magnataur!
    Well, technically Galakrond was mortal. His condition was due to his lifestyle. And at the time of defeat, he was already slowly falling apart.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Gnomes.

They are able to lift the same gear a Tauren can, so they must be immensely strong!
    This...Gnomes = Master Race.

And to those saying "Titan, Void Lords...etc" OP did say "MORTAL races" in caps. Last I recall... Neither of those are Mortal Races.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Gronn, I would think - especially the greater Gronn. Giants would be another candidate, although most giants in the Warcraft universe don't seem to be altogether mortal - they are either Elementals, constructs, or Titanforged beings. Though the Storm giants subjected to the Curse of Flesh might also qualify.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Well, technically Galakrond was mortal. His condition was due to his lifestyle. And at the time of defeat, he was already slowly falling apart.
    If Galakrond was indeed mortal, then yeah...I'm not sure any other mortal being would even be in the same range of measure at all when it comes to just raw physical strength.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Also the term race can be confused with species. I think of races as different humanoid species that all have the ability to speak a language, organise in societies and create culture. All playable races share these characteristics. Drakonids may be intelligent and have built cultures and organise themselves in groups, they lack the humanoid characteristic to be treated as such (as I see things). Thus I wouldn't call the dragons as a race, but as a different family of creatures. They also are not mammals as all playable races are except for the Forsaken.

15+ Year Old Account
    Out of the playable races Dwarves and Taurens both start with 28 strength.

Draenei on the other hand start with 24

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    Also the term race can be confused with species. I think of races as different humanoid species that all have the ability to speak a language, organise in societies and create culture. All playable races share these characteristics. Drakonids may be intelligent and have built cultures and organise themselves in groups, they lack the humanoid characteristic to be treated as such (as I see things). Thus I wouldn't call the dragons as a race, but as a different family of creatures. They also are not mammals as all playable races are except for the Forsaken.
    The term race cannot really be confused with species as both are definable. From the many definitions of race we have, and within the context of the question presented by the OP, the most common factors are merely the presence of a shared culture, along with there being a group of them which share attributes such as physical characteristics, ancestry, historical affiliation, and the aforementioned culture.

Concerning Dragons in this case; the Dragons; all of the dragons, would be considered a race. Where as species would refer more to specific groups of dragons such as the individual dragonflights.

Regardless of how the term race is defined however, limiting the pool to only playable races is personal injection to the already stated prerequisites; which is fine, but was not specified by the OP. In so far as what the OP has asked; dragons most certainly fit the stated conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    From playable races? Worgens.
    lol... no
    Maybe if we only look at alliance races... actually no... cause that's forgetting about dwarves

15+ Year Old Account
    The term race cannot really be confused with species as both are definable. From the many definitions of race we have, and within the context of the question presented by the OP, the most common factors are merely the presence of a shared culture, along with there being a group of them which share attributes such as physical characteristics, ancestry, historical affiliation, and the aforementioned culture.

Concerning Dragons in this case; the Dragons; all of the dragons, would be considered a race. Where as species would refer more to specific groups of dragons such as the individual dragonflights.

Regardless of how the term race is defined however, limiting the pool to only playable races is personal injection to the already stated prerequisites; which is fine, but was not specified by the OP. In so far as what the OP has asked; dragons most certainly fit the stated conditions.
    In my thinking, I'd consider different dragon cultures as different races of the main dragon species (always not comparing how we define species and races in the real world). Let's say that the current playable races as part of a big humanoid family that shares specific characteristics that are vital for their inclusion to that family. Those who don't have all the necessary characteristics belong to a different family. I think the terms I used now are better. Family is the general, bigger complex, while races differ from each other in other things, said cultures, ancestry, looks. So for me, comparing a human to a dragon is impossible because they are not part of the same family, while human and tauren can be compared. When I used the term species that's what I wanted to express but I never can convey what I think correctly.

That said OP probably includes all mortal creatures, so such an analysis is pointless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Titans probably.

Tauren are supposed to be 9 feet tall and built like a building, they are shrunk just for gameplay mechanics. Also Tauren vs. Orc; Cairne whooped Garrosh's ass till the poison kicked in.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inukashi View Post
    I've seen a panda monk blowing up a stone with his bare hands! Never saw a Orc or Tauren doing this!
    Iv seen a tauren cause a mini avalanche with a single warstomp. Match that.

OT: Gron probably, since i think Giants aren't mortal.Or maybe Kraaken, or that big ass whale. Its hard to say what is mortal or not.

I'm honestly struggling how anyone could think there's a playable race that has more brute strength than a Tauren. Dwarves probably come close because of their Earthen heritage, but Tauren are like horned/antlered aircraft carriers.

Out of mortal races? Gronn, magnataur, or the giant Northrend yeti.

Playable most likely either of the Tauren, followed by either of the Draenei and Orcs. Throw either of the Dwarves in if we're adjusting proportional to size.

I'd say Tauren and their sub races, then worgen, draenei, orc, night elf, troll, Pandaren, forsaken, Human, blood/void elf, dwarf, goblin, gnome

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    In my thinking, I'd consider different dragon cultures as different races of the main dragon species (always not comparing how we define species and races in the real world). Let's say that the current playable races as part of a big humanoid family that shares specific characteristics that are vital for their inclusion to that family. Those who don't have all the necessary characteristics belong to a different family. I think the terms I used now are better. Family is the general, bigger complex, while races differ from each other in other things, said cultures, ancestry, looks. So for me, comparing a human to a dragon is impossible because they are not part of the same family, while human and tauren can be compared. When I used the term species that's what I wanted to express but I never can convey what I think correctly.

That said OP probably includes all mortal creatures, so such an analysis is pointless.
    I understand what you are trying to convey; I'm just disagreeing with it. The linchpin of your theory (presumably) hinges entirely on the premise that a "race" is defined only as something humanoid; which is just not the case. Even after taking into consideration your additional condition of ignoring how we define species in the real world it's still wrong. The Centaur for example; are a race and are not humanoid; which disproves this idea. Most recently referred to as a race by Muradin when referring to the different races he is visiting to warn about the state of Azeroth.

As for what the OP said; "race" is the term used specifically, so creatures are not included; otherwise we'd also need to consider the colossal sized sea life; some of which may or may not have physical strength comparable to Gron, Magnataur, or perhaps even Galakrond. (Whale sharks or the squid monster that snatched Neptulon come to mind)

If anything, if one wanted to insist that Dragons were not themselves a race, they would instead support the claim that they are members of the Dragonkin race; which includes drakonid and dragonspawn; but that wouldn't change anything within the context of this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tauren men for horde, draenei men for alliance.

Sorry but just fact of the matter, men are just bigger and more powerful, don't blame me, blame blizzards character design.

#boycottchina

15+ Year Old Account
    I understand what you are trying to convey; I'm just disagreeing with it. The linchpin of your theory (presumably) hinges entirely on the premise that a "race" is defined only as something humanoid; which is just not the case. Even after taking into consideration your additional condition of ignoring how we define species in the real world it's still wrong. The Centaur for example; are a race and are not humanoid; which disproves this idea. Most recently referred to as a race by Muradin when referring to the different races he is visiting to warn about the state of Azeroth.

As for what the OP said; "race" is the term used specifically, so creatures are not included; otherwise we'd also need to consider the colossal sized sea life; some of which may or may not have physical strength comparable to Gron, Magnataur, or perhaps even Galakrond. (Whale sharks or the squid monster that snatched Neptulon come to mind)

If anything, if one wanted to insist that Dragons were not themselves a race, they would instead support the claim that they are members of the Dragonkin race; which includes drakonid and dragonspawn; but that wouldn't change anything within the context of this thread.
    I am saying that races are a sub-family. Not that just humanoids are a race. Humanoid is a family that consists of many different races. Dragonkin is a family consisted of different dragonid races.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Half the posts struggle with the word "mortal".
    nope, looks like you're the only one struggling
    Last edited by Ron Burgundy; Today at 07:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    In terms of lore, what is the most physically strongest MORTAL race in Warcraft?

MORTAL RACES ONLY
    The problem is they're all mortal though. Darn near every "immortal" goes "PUNY MORTALS I WILL DESTROY YOU" just before we kill them.

Like we killed Loken, a titan keeper. I guess you could call the titans immortal since they've managed to recover from their world-souls after being killed, so my vote is titan keepers.