Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Mafia 107 - Super Smash Bros. Mafia signup thread!

OI, YOU PEOPLE, WE NEED ONE MORE PERSON. JUST SIGN UP INSTEAD OF BEING SCARED OF THE BIG BAD DIFFERENT GAME STYLE

Ok, so, HERE IT IS. MY RETURN TO MODDING!

So yeah, the idea behind this is a themed game. Super smash bros meets mafia. Sounds fun right? It has different mechanics for the game. For starters, there's no traditional night kills. Instead, players may choose to do damage to another player. We've mulled it over and decided that you start at 0% damage and at 100% you die. UNLESS YOUR CHARACTER IS A HEAVY(more on that soon but the gist of it is heavy roles have double hp cap and deal double damage). We've decided that instead of a traditional town vs. scum setup, there's going to be multiple town-like teams of 4(or scum like if you prefer to look at it that way). You won't know your team though, but one role can search for teammates. If said role finds a teammate, they get a qt thread together. Future teammates are added to that qt. It'll end up with some powerful teams if people find each other. Also, everyone will have a shield they can use that will protect 50% damage before breaking. Once gone, it's gone and it never regenerates. Also, it can only be used once every other night. You also can't deal damage if you use your shield. Day phase is pretty much the same as usual. Players will vote on someone they want killed. Obviously you'd want to vote off other teams instead of your own. BUT HOW WILL YOU KNOW????

Here are all the roles that will be in the game:

Team Finder
    Your character has the ability to, in addition to dealing damage or shielding, searching for your teammate. If you find a teammate with this action, you both will be given a QT thread together. Any future teammates you find will be added to this thread.

At night you may choose to shield or deal damage. You may use your special ability in conjunction with dealing damage. Or do nothing if that's what you really want. We can't stop you.

You win when your team is the last team standing.
    Role Blocker
    Your character has the ability to, in addition to dealing damage or shielding, role block another player. This will stop them from taking any night actions.

At night you may choose to shield or deal damage. You may use your special ability in conjunction with dealing damage. Or do nothing if that's what you really want. We can't stop you.

Heavy
    Your character does not have an extra night action, instead, you are bulky and have increased damage and hp.

At night you may choose to shield or deal damage. Or do nothing if that's what you really want. We can't stop you.

Parrier
    Your character has the ability to, in place of dealing damage or shielding, parrying any and all attacks and reflecting the individual damage back to the attackers. This ability may be used once every other night.

At night you may choose to shield, deal damage, or set yourself up to parry all attacks. Or do nothing if that's what you really want. We can't stop you.

Overall, we expect a somewhat slow start since nks likely won't happen(unless you all pummel someone to death ) but after a couple nights, it'll likely be a bloodbath, especially if teams find each other!

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I have no set start date for this. Just seeing how many people are interested and playing and whatnot.

signup

1. Danner
    2. Dendrek
    3. Kel
    4. A-sayo
    5. Largehorn
    6. Crackleslap
    7. dupti
    8. Graeham
    9. Marack
    10. Lora
    11. Virothe
    12. listo95
    13. SastuBL
    14. Krayzy
    15. Robozerim
    16. Crissi

I believe that's all. Let's try to get at least 16 for proper balance, but 20 would be wonderful <3
    Last edited by Loaf; 2018-06-17 at 12:39 AM.

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

Omg, this is so bastardized. I refuse to play! [brb reading the OP real quick]

/signup

It'll be different. Why not
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    Omg, this is so bastardized. I refuse to play! [brb reading the OP real quick]
    it really isn't. At least not much. It's just not traditional!

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

I'm ok with this setup. (Not that I actually read the OP. I'm just guessing that the game setup is probably good.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    I'm ok with this setup. (Not that I actually read the OP. I'm just guessing that the game setup is probably good.)
    that's the spirit!

(does this count as a signup?)

Omg, I just actually read the OP. This game is so bastardized. I refuse to play! (Yes, this is a signup.)

Sign me up for this fucked up game))
    게임 은 어렵~~

/shrug

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

I'll give it a go, not like I've got much else do to to avoid all this work piling up on my desk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Largehorn View Post
    I'll give it a go, not like I've got much else do to to avoid all this work piling up on my desk.
    that's the spirit!

10+ Year Old Account

Can't promise activity but will try, sign me up please

Sign me up, please!

Hopefully this can be a more light-hearted game, maybe people can consider it a break from super serious mafiaing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Time to pummel people.

Attack Graeham

Shit, that was supposed to be in my QT

10+ Year Old Account
    Yaya ok cool let's go

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Sign me up yo

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Hopefully this can be a more light-hearted game, maybe people can consider it a break from super serious mafiaing.
    Wait, mafia is serious O-O

Everyone should remember that there is no way Graeham doesn't have the Parrier role ... but he may not use it on N1
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

10+ Year Old Account
    Sign me up. Just as a warning to anyone else playing though. Next Friday/Saturday/Sunday I will be going to my convention so my activity will be pretty much non-existent.