Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    You are trying way too hard. A good troll only has to post once. By continuing to post in your thread, you look desperate and needy. You should step back and just let the thread evolve organically. If it dies without your intervention, then it was unworthy to begin with.

If you want to get better at trolling, you need to understand that less is more.
    Well maybe it's because I'm not a troll. Shocking I know, but I'm actually here to discuss things.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Those are authors, not books.
    So which of those authors have you read? That was a poor attempt of ignoring the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyalona View Post
    I'm not talking about getting hospitalized. I'm talking about the price you pay every time you play video games. Every time you play a videogame you pay a price, which is all of the things you chose not to do instead. Your time on this planet is limited. Yes, video games are fun. So is lying in bed and reading comics. The real world happens elsewhere though. Do you want to spend a majority of your time playing video games, pretending you're a hero instead of being one in real life?
    Isn't that pretty subjective, or something forced upon us by society? What's a hero? What does he or she do? Are relationships with other humans the ultimate thing to strive for, or is that just another subjective thing to say?

I'm pretty sure that video games are just something that is seen as a "waste of time", or "something for kids" by society, which is why it's easy to feel bad for playing the whole day. And sadly, that takes a lot away from the effort we put into playing video games. I struggled a lot with that too, I always though "Man, if I would've invested all the time I played WoW into playing guitar, I'd be an amazing guitar player by now!". But that thought only stems from video games being not as widely accepted as guitar playing - which is a problem with society, not gamers. In reality, I should be able to be proud of the skills i've developed by carrying out my hobby, be it guitar playing or video games.

I'm sure that most raiding WoW players had to tell their friends at some point that they couldn't meet them today, or couldn't come to the spontaneous party, because their raid was on that evening. At least I had to do that often. It always felt awful, and the responses to "Sorry, I'm raiding tonight", depending on how videogame-affine the people were, were very mixed, like "Oh, so you're preferring strangers on the internet over me/us?". Now imagine I would've told them "Sorry guys, can't make the party tonigh, I'm locking myself in my room to play guitar the whole night, I've got this new wah-wah pedal, it's going to be amazing", i'm sure the responses would be more along the lines of "That sucks, but I admire your dedication".

I'm going to quote this reply from the first page, because it's true:

Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    Do more of what you like. That's all life is about.
    If you're happy with what you're doing, continue. If you're constantly sitting in your room, feeling lonely and like your wasting your time, I guess you made a good choice. But don't proclaim that it's the right one for everyone.
    Last edited by reauxmont; 2018-06-14 at 04:21 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not talking about getting hospitalized. I'm talking about the price you pay every time you play video games. Every time you play a videogame you pay a price, which is all of the things you chose not to do instead. Your time on this planet is limited. Yes, video games are fun. So is lying in bed and reading comics. The real world happens elsewhere though. Do you want to spend a majority of your time playing video games, pretending you're a hero instead of being one in real life?
    Do you consider shitposting on these forums a better activity than playing video games? Is that being a hero in real life?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

@Vyalona

You knew damn well saying "im going to quit video games for good, blah blah blah, im going to do something RL then everyone else" was going to rustle some jimmies and the fact you felt the need to say it to faceless internet people from all over the world is straight up begging for attention.

Do people think by making a declaration that they are leaving somehow cements they decision? Maybe it is a way to try and have other people convince them that what they are doing is okay. Either way it is nonsensical and odd bit of soapboxing as they make a very small decision.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Well maybe it's because I'm not a troll. Shocking I know, but I'm actually here to discuss things.
    Your post history would suggest otherwise.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Do what you want.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Do you consider shitposting on these forums a better activity than playing video games? Is that being a hero in real life?
    I'm here to save your lives.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm here to save your lives.
    Start from yours.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've just quit video games for good. It wasn't an easy decision, because I truly love them. But they've just taken up way too much time in my life, to the point where even when I spent an hour or two in the evening playing, I feel like I should be doing something better. And there's always the temptation to just stay home and spend a whole day playing my favourite game at the time, and I give in way too often.

Any other people who feel the same way?
    Can I have your steam account? nah just kidding, but If you feel like you should be doing something else while playing games its better to quit them for a while or forever, whatever makes you feel better.

7+ Year Old Account
    Good for you i guess? Why bother telling random nobody's on a gaming forum about it? Seems to me that you just did it to tell people you did it and have people talk about you even a little.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PhantasmagoriaX View Post
    @Vyalona

You knew damn well saying "im going to quit video games for good, blah blah blah, im going to do something RL then everyone else" was going to rustle some jimmies and the fact you felt the need to say it to faceless internet people from all over the world is straight up begging for attention.
    You think you know me. You think you know what I think. But you don't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Good for you i guess? Why bother telling random nobody's on a gaming forum about it?
    Don't make yourself smaller than you are.

Deleted
    I've just quit video games for good. It wasn't an easy decision, because I truly love them. But they've just taken up way too much time in my life, to the point where even when I spent an hour or two in the evening playing, I feel like I should be doing something better. And there's always the temptation to just stay home and spend a whole day playing my favourite game at the time, and I give in way too often.

Any other people who feel the same way?
    so what ? is this what you say when you die ? "Oh im so glad i quit videogames and started working overtime with no extra pay so my boss can make more money of me"

So you decide to then use your time to post your life story on a gaming forum instead?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Video games are something I play when I'd rather be out doing something but I'm stuck at home. The alternative is to watch TV and that's boring as shit.

7+ Year Old Account
    Don't make yourself smaller than you are.
    What does that even mean?

to the point where even when I spent an hour or two in the evening playing, I feel like I should be doing something better.
    I am not a professional psychologist and I'm not going to tell other people how they should live their life, but I do really believe an attitude like this is actually kind of bad and normally is caused by a root issue that isn't just playing video games. Video games are pointless, but fun, entertainment. Looking at your entertainment and thinking "man I could be doing something better right now" is kind of an unhealthy mindset, at least to me. If video games have become an issue where you're playing them during all your free time and ignoring other chores/projects/people/life, then obviously it's an issue. If you're at a point where you feel it's 'just a waste of time', then I'd hope it isn't a warning sign of some deeper depression.

Of course maybe you just got over playing games and aren't interested in them anymore. As long as you're doing something stimulatively fulfilling in place of games. My girlfriend has depression and "games are just a waste of time" is always a big red flag for when her depression is acting up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xqt View Post
    so what ? is this what you say when you die ? "Oh im so glad i quit videogames and started working overtime with no extra pay so my boss can make more money of me"
    Who is talking about working? Are these the only two things in your life? Work and video games?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    What does that even mean?
    You called yourself a random nobody.

That avatar and Internet preaching are oddly suspicious...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LonerStoner View Post
    Video games are something I play when I'd rather be out doing something but I'm stuck at home. The alternative is to watch TV and that's boring as shit.
    How are you stuck at home? Is your door locked and you can't get out?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    I am not a professional psychologist and I'm not going to tell other people how they should live their life, but I do really believe an attitude like this is actually kind of bad and normally is caused by a root issue that isn't just playing video games. Video games are pointless, but fun, entertainment. Looking at your entertainment and thinking "man I could be doing something better right now" is kind of an unhealthy mindset, at least to me.
    Uhm, no. It means I'd rather be doing something with my life than act like a child.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Berthier View Post
    just dont play to much 1 - 2 hours a day is enough and if you raid 12 hours a week is ok to
    Raid 12 hours a week? Oh my god. The worst activity you could ever participate in in a video game. And 12 hours a week. You could learn a language, or a music instrument or any other skill with an investment of 12 hours a week. Instead you decide to spend your time with other manchildren online pretending you kill dragons. Or rather, the same dragon every week.