Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Sylvanas ebbs closer to definitely dieing.

"Killing major characters is inevitable when progressing the story and never easy. Not everyone has a heroic death or one that comes unexpectedly."

Quote from the Warcraft Story Crew at E3.

To me it seems like more confirmation that she won't make it through the expansion.

Sidenote, from the comic with the the windrunner sisters, the void keeps trying to get Alleria to kill Sylvanas, I think that ties back to the Illgynoth quote.

"At the hour of her third death, she will usher in our coming"

So well probably see Sylvanas' death as a precursor of sorts to next expansion, another question to be explored, why does her death usher in the old gods? Or do they just know that after Sylvanas dies that they are very close to being released?
    Last edited by Drakile; 2018-06-14 at 03:13 PM.

Armory^

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Sylvanas has died more than three times.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2018-06-14 at 03:16 PM.

Sylvanas the Banshee Queen has only died twice, Once from throwing herself off of Icecrown Citadel, and the second time was from being shot by Godfrey. If we consider the Banshee Queen as a separate entity from Sylvanas the blood elf, it does line up.

Armory^

Quote Originally Posted by Drakile View Post
    Sylvanas the Banshee Queen has only died twice, Once from throwing herself off of Icecrown Citadel, and the second time was from being shot by Godfrey. If we consider the Banshee Queen as a separate entity from Sylvanas the blood elf, it does line up.
    Why would Sylv and Sylv, the banshee queen be considered separate other than to line up with your theory?

Sylvanas and the Banshee Queen are basically two different personae. The Banshee Queen is trying at all costs to forsake her old life, and fully embraces Undeath. This is a recurring theme of Three Sisters as well as Before the Storm. Sylvanas has set aside her old life, and is forcing the Forsaken to do the same, even burning books that remind them of their past and stating that the Undercity, not Lordaeron, is their home. Therefore, the metaphor is that the Banshee Queen, not Sylvanas, will usher in their coming. And the Banshee Queen has already died twice. First at Icecrown, then at Silverpine.

Alleria said that she feels like she has already died twice, but that is just a red herring from the writers. They wouldn't make it so painfully obvious.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2018-06-14 at 03:44 PM.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    Why would Sylv and Sylv, the banshee queen be considered separate other than to line up with your theory?
    Because they're practically different people...mean/meant different things?

Do you know another main female character that has in lore died twice and is awaiting a third death?

Armory^

Do you know another main female character that has in lore died twice and is awaiting a third death?
    Alleria herself stated that she's feeling like she died already twice.

Once when entering the Dark Portal, second when she absorbed evil Naaru.

Alleria Windrunner says: Indeed. Sometimes I feel that I have already died twice. Once when we were presumed lost on Draenor, and again when gripped by the shadow of the fallen naaru.

And of course we have alliance twerps come in and say that there are two Sylvanas (Sylvanases? Sylvani? ah fuck it) just to fit their theory that she is source of all evil.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2018-06-14 at 03:38 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

In that regard it could be a toss up, the old gods tend not to speak in a clear manner. Although Alleria does feel like a red herring having her say that after Illgynoth was around. The old gods/voids natural lack of clarity could also explain the BE Sylv and Banshee Queen Sylv being -considered- two different entities. Exploring another quote from tenta-tree.

From the earth, he draws strength. Our earth. Our strength.

Kinda vague, almost definitely about Thrall, but it could be about Magni, although he has his own specific quite. It could also be referring to Deathwing when he was being corrupted.

Gotta love the void leaving it up to interpretation.

One more though
    Her heart is a crater, and we have filled it

Is it talking about Sylv or Jaina? Maybe just Azeroth the world soul after Sargeras' sword came down, and we physically take the heart of Azeroth leaving a physical and metaphorical crater

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    And of course we have alliance twerps come in and say that there are two Sylvanas (Sylvanases? Sylvani? ah fuck it) just to fit their theory that she is source of all evil.

Infracted.
    I don't think she is the source of all evil, I think somehow her true death will tie into the release of the Old Gods, or some void power across Azeroth.

Armory^

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Alleria herself stated that she's feeling like she died already twice.

Once when entering the Dark Portal, second when she absorbed evil Naaru.
    I would suggest calia (being the world "officially thought she perished" when arthas was killed, plus her being killed when anduin and genn let her start shit at the meeting between alliance and forsaken), but if sylv and sylv are somehow different then calia and calia are somehow different.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm 100% sure that Blizz will make Sylvanas a savior / martyr char in the end and these forums will explode.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post

Infracted.
    Gee...because Sylvy was always talking about death to the living and being slaves to this torment before the Lich King got her...am I right?

Well, since "Sylvanas the Banshee Queen is a separate entity from Sylvanas, the Ranger General" is an acceptable explanation to you, I think we can stretch quite a few characters into fitting the bill as well. So, off the top of my head :

Sintharia the black dragon was believed dead once, died a second time as Sinestra, yet is shown to be active beyond the grave in Legion so she might need to be dealt with again..

Helya was killed twice, once by Odyn and then Us, yet she still has an undisclosed deal with Sylvanas which could involved her resurrection..

Jaina could have "Died" as a Kul'tiran when she had the Horde kill her father and then again when the Horde destroyed Theramore.

As others mentionned Alleria has stated she feels she's died twice.

And finally we have Azeroth itself, her "deaths" being the Shattering, the Sundering and now the Wounding?

Can anybody think of more?

Quote Originally Posted by Corazona View Post
    And finally we have Azeroth itself, her "deaths" being the Shattering, the Sundering and now the Wounding?

Can anybody think of more?
    You're missing one. The Scouring of Y'shaarj. Azeroth's first traumatic wound was induced by the Titans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    I'm 100% sure that Blizz will make Sylvanas a savior / martyr char in the end and these forums will explode.
    I have bought and inflated my floatation device. I'd recommend you do so too. The tidal wave of tears will be enormous
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

7+ Year Old Account
    Eesh, you pressed the Sylvanas button, ya shouldn't a done that. No seriously, run and hide now, while you still have a chance.

But yes, that quote felt very ominous. It might not be referring to Sylvanas though, it could very well be pointing towards another major character.
    TEA IS DOWN!

Sylvanas is what you get when you cross Joffrey Baratheon with a mary sue. Change my mind. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    You're missing one. The Scouring of Y'shaarj. Azeroth's first traumatic wound was induced by the Titans.
    Eeeeh, true. But we've obviously got some wiggle room here. Since "Living Sylvanas death doesn't count." then I counter with "Only wounds caused by the direct involvement of a titans counts!" So remove the Sundering and we're good.

I would suggest calia (being the world "officially thought she perished" when arthas was killed, plus her being killed when anduin and genn let her start shit at the meeting between alliance and forsaken), but if sylv and sylv are somehow different then calia and calia are somehow different.
    Ooooh with Calia in the ring it could be a game changer considering this quote as well

Its surface blazes bright, masking shadows below.

Sounds like it's describing a naaru to me, beyond the bright light across it's surface when a naaru decays it becomes a void entity.

Also considering Calia, I don't know that she would be considered a different entity because she is being raised by Holy magic and not necromancy, it just depends on how much of her 'being' she retains, is she still Calia through and through? Or is she merely a flesh puppet for the naaru and light?

If she wakes up and still feels the way she did when she was alive, I'd venture to say her identity remains singular, but if she came back with a more defined hate of the living I'd lean more towards dual identity. Which could in theory be applied to any undead, that their living form and their forsaken form could be viewed as independent of one another. Applying it to all of the forsaken starts to muddy the concept though, with Sylv there is a more defined before and after. Alive Sylv would've done anything to defend her home and her people, but Banshee Queen Sylv was not interested in protecting anyone as much as she was single minded about the vengeance she sought.

Armory^

I'll let anyone leave their opinions on these rather vague prophecies, however, Blizzard did not randomnly place those whispers and most certainly uses the same words as in those whispers to make a rather easy connection.

And in Alleria's case, the indications are quite striking.

First off, she's basically the first character to openly say she "died twice", not some vague interpretation by fans like Sylvanas, a character outright states that about herself.
    Second, Alleria has seen visions about succumbing to the whispers and joining the voids forces on Azeroth, which obviously lines up with said "prophecy".
    That obviously may be a lie but Alleria deep down knew that she will succumb one day.

So yeah, Blizzard might spin in it the way they want, but as of right now, Alleria is the prime candidate.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2018-06-14 at 03:58 PM.