Beta Key Giveaway Week 2: Winners have been selected!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
  1. #61
    Fun fact: ebb and closer are antonyms.
    Do not ask questions for which you do not want the answers.

  2. #62
    I am Murloc! Flurryfang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Empire of Man
    Posts
    5,342
    Sylvanas is not gonna die. Blizzard would literally be doing a 2nd Garrosh, step by step, and even they know that doing such a thing is creativily suicide. It would be redoing the past just with a different character and it would just spell out stupidity.

    We will though proberly see some characters die in BFA, which have an obvious end. Who those people then turn out to be is a completly different topic.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

  3. #63
    A certain Menethil girl comes to mind. Her "first death" might be either when her kingdom died or when her husband/daughter died. Second one is obvious. And since she's a light-undead, a 3rd death could quite possibly create some havoc.

  4. #64
    They better not kill off any more of my waifus i will be pissed off isnt it bad enough we lost ysera no more women lore characters need to die.. #protectourwaifus
    It don't matter to me I just drive the damn bus!
    Battletag: Jaina1337#1396
    https://wowtrack.org/characters/US/Stormrage/Blixena

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakile View Post
    If we consider the Banshee Queen as a separate entity from Sylvanas the blood elf, it does line up.
    Well, yeah. Any theory will line up if you choose to ignore the evidence that contradicts it.

    Velen is an avatar of Sargeras, prove me wrong.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    i think that means it can't be sylvanas... all the hints and leading on we've had thus far make it so expected
    "Not everyone has a heroic death OR one that comes unexpectedly."

    She shall become a loot pinata, which is less than heroic, soooo...

  7. #67
    I feel like the "third death" thing was going to be Sylvanas, but someone pointed out between the novel, arthas, and Silverpine, she's already used that up, and so they added Alleria's line in Stormwind.

    Doesn't mean she can't die though. She has a viable replacement.

  8. #68
    I am Murloc! Khaza-R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Darkside of the Moon
    Posts
    5,900
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakile View Post
    Sylvanas the Banshee Queen has only died twice, Once from throwing herself off of Icecrown Citadel, and the second time was from being shot by Godfrey. If we consider the Banshee Queen as a separate entity from Sylvanas the blood elf, it does line up.
    Line is very clearly referring to Azeroth, not Sylvanas.

    Its even foreshadowed again in Tyrande's response to Illidan's message

    In my lifetime, I have twice witness a sundering of the world. Mother moon, I pray I do not see a third.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Even if one discounts Sylvanas' first death because Arthas created a new Sylvanas out of nothing or whatever, there remains the issue of how or why would her third death cause an Old God/Void outbreak.

    As per the Windrunner reunion comic, we know that Void isn't exactly keen on Sylvanas. Chances are, going by the specific remarks, it's because Void can't control undead and, when combined with their nature, undead are in stark opposition to what the Void desires. That throws any Alliance brilliance about how Sylvanas (and Vol'jin) have been manipulated by the Old Gods/Void all of the window.

    As such, she wouldn't do it on her own. Because if it requires her dying, yeah, Sylvanas isn't going to sacrifice herself for the glory of the Void. Especially after she called Alleria an abomination due to being infused with it.

    Which leaves the option of the aforementioned Void outbreak being an automatic result of her third death. Which leads to the questions I asked at the start. How would Sylvanas' third death automatically lead to it? Why would it be the case? Other than Void's antagonistic behavior towards her, likely due to the reasons outlined above, there is no connection between the two. No piece of information suggesting Sylvanas is some sort of Void key, or who would turn her into that.
    I mean, unless there was some way she's secretly holding back the Void from invading, it would make no sense.

    If it's someone who's opposed to the Void that would bring them in by dying, it would mean they have to be powerful enough to hold off the Void from invading. Which I'm pretty sure there are no characters that could be that strong.

    And as you say here-

    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Alleria on the other hand, can already tear Void portals. Even accidentally. That can let Void forces pour through. If she were to fall to the Void, which would be her third metaphorical death, she could repeat what she did in Quel'Danas. With premeditation this time. If further empowered by her new masters, on much larger scale.

    Hell, now that Alleria is Void's beacon to Azeroth, the Void Lords likely don't even need N'zoth to succeed. The Void Lords already fully manifested in the physical plane before. It's just that they couldn't do shit against adult Titans and they had no clue where World Souls are and as such resorted to throwing Old Gods at random. Now Titans are sealed with Sargeras. As some Void weirdos say in BfA, the Legion kept the balance but now is no more. If the Void Lords could use Alleria as a beacon, they could appear on Azeroth directly and potentially corrupt it themselves. Or at least cover it in Old Gods from head to toe.
    It would make FAR more sense for this "third death" to be a descent into insanity, which would cause someone to summon the Void here.

    Although, now all I can't stop thinking of is how the Void's hate for the undead, and holy, must mean that the undead are the secret weapon against the Void, and we need to lightforge them all. And the thought of that as a story makes me feel a lil sick.

  10. #70
    The Lightbringer mysticx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,564
    Quote Originally Posted by Solitare-sp View Post
    Three if you count being killed by Argus as well.
    And the pre-Cata Linken questline, one quest there involves the player character dying and talking to a ghost NPC near a Tanaris graveyard. :3

    Azeroth is out as well, besides the Sundering, the shattering and Sarg’s sword, there was also Y’Shaarj being ripped out of Azeroth, which caused at least as big an injury as Sargeras’ pocketknife, which makes 4 “deaths” in all (That theory stretches the term “death” a fair bit as well)

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Sylvanas has died more than three times.
    They're talking about killing characters off for good. Physically, not metaphorically. Final. Removed from the story. Only question is whether or not they are talking about her.

  12. #72
    Herald of the Titans steelballfc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Egypt
    Posts
    2,534
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    I'm 100% sure that Blizz will make Sylvanas a savior / martyr char in the end and these forums will explode.
    i'm waiting
    oh the outcome will be glories
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I don't know the explanation of "he is dead, but he isn't but he kinda is unless we don't assume that he isn't." suggest drugs may be the case. What the hell is it ? Schrödinger's archimonde ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    stop spreading stupid.

  13. #73
    Bloodsail Admiral Maxrokur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Where the bears go to shit
    Posts
    1,108
    Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    They're talking about killing characters off for good. Physically, not metaphorically. Final. Removed from the story. Only question is whether or not they are talking about her.
    Blizzard has always sayed this kind of crap to keep people hooked in the outcome, do you remember the important role they were planning for Voljin after Pandaria? Well look how it turned out, even Garrosh could return in his AU Paladin form, Illidan returned and Arthas with Kelthuzad are getting a few mention here and there(classic tactic to prepare the field for their return)

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Sylvanas is not gonna die. Blizzard would literally be doing a 2nd Garrosh, step by step, and even they know that doing such a thing is creativily suicide. It would be redoing the past just with a different character and it would just spell out stupidity.

    We will though proberly see some characters die in BFA, which have an obvious end. Who those people then turn out to be is a completly different topic.
    The entire facton conflict is ALWAYS a repetition of the exact same plot over and over and over and over. So this argument is not really valid. Everytime the faction conflict boils up, the leader of one side dies at the end. Every - single - time.

    The Blizzard quote says "not every death comes unexpectedly"....honestly, when i read that i litterally saw Sylvanas dying in front of me. Because at this point "it would be too predictable" is pretty much the only argument somebody can bring up to why she is not going to die in BFA.

    As for death count, there is already another thread about Sylvanas in Hell and if she actually died in Icecrown or not (i think not, which brings her death count down to 2). And equating "feeling like i have died" and "sundering" with an actual death is frankly stretching the words too far for me to follow.

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Blizzard has always sayed this kind of crap to keep people hooked in the outcome, do you remember the important role they were planning for Voljin after Pandaria? Well look how it turned out, even Garrosh could return in his AU Paladin form, Illidan returned and Arthas with Kelthuzad are getting a few mention here and there(classic tactic to prepare the field for their return)
    Vol'jin made Sylvanas warchief. That would have NEVER happened without him. It may be the single most unexpected and impatcful decision ANY warchief has ever made. You may not like that it was this one decision...but you cannot argue it was an immensely important one.
    Last edited by Nathasil; 2018-06-16 at 09:11 PM.

  15. #75
    Another thread where people get their panties in a twist over something they cannot predict. This is getting stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Are you really looking for logic in a game that sends you dragons via the mail service?...

  16. #76
    I am Murloc! Flurryfang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Empire of Man
    Posts
    5,342
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    The entire facton conflict is ALWAYS a repetition of the exact same plot over and over and over and over. So this argument is not really valid. Everytime the faction conflict boils up, the leader of one side dies at the end. Every - single - time.

    The Blizzard quote says "not every death comes unexpectedly"....honestly, when i read that i litterally saw Sylvanas dying in front of me. Because at this point "it would be too predictable" is pretty much the only argument somebody can bring up to why she is not going to die in BFA.

    As for death count, there is already another thread about Sylvanas in Hell and if she actually died in Icecrown or not (i think not, which brings her death count down to 2). And equating "feeling like i have died" and "sundering" with an actual death is frankly stretching the words too far for me to follow.



    Vol'jin made Sylvanas warchief. That would have NEVER happened without him. It may be the single most unexpected and impatcful decision ANY warchief has ever made. You may not like that it was this one decision...but you cannot argue it was an immensely important one.
    Saying that a leader always dies with a faction war does not make my argument invalid, because who says they are going to do it again? Just because they did something in the past, does not mean that they will do it again and as i argumented, it would seem lazy for them to redo their story from MoP.

    And yes, not every death comes unexpectedly, but that quote is not directed at Sylvanas or anyone specific at all. The storyline of BFA does not currently set Sylvanas up as an expected death, the Horde is still behind her and Saurfang is the only one directly in opposition with her. That quote can be aimed at many of the main characters and we will proberly see an expected death or 2 in BFA, and while Sylvanas might be one of them, it is far from certain.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

  17. #77
    This thread ebbs closer to definitely horde baiting.
    This "We" and "Us" stuff is getting old. Its an attempt at implying that most people agree with you, and that anyone who has a different opinion, is in the minority. Speak for yourself, not "we" and "us".

  18. #78
    Bloodsail Admiral Maxrokur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Where the bears go to shit
    Posts
    1,108
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    Vol'jin made Sylvanas warchief. That would have NEVER happened without him. It may be the single most unexpected and impatcful decision ANY warchief has ever made. You may not like that it was this one decision...but you cannot argue it was an immensely important one.
    Yes it could have happened even in Wotlk because she was the 3 most notorious leader in the horde(Voljin and Theron were just background character). In fact she would have been a better warchieft than Garrosh because at that point she didnt even care about the alliance affairs and the valkyrs didnt existed, she probably would have worked for a peace treaty to focus in world ending events like Cataclysm and Lei Shen.

  19. #79
    They won't kill Sylvanas they gotta get that creepy fanboy money.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •