Page 1 of 2
LastLast

cast time for druid shape shifting

I don't understand why there is still no cast time on druid shape shifting. It's an unfair advantage in pvp situations. Having to make that choice to shapeshift should mean something. Warlocks have cast times to change demons and even hunters have a cast time to dismiss a pet to get another pet out.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Making the choice to shapeshift does mean something already because we can't immediately shift out of the form we shifted into. So making the wrong shift at the wrong time can quite literally kill us. Adding a cast time on top of it would be ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    I don't understand why there is still no cast time on druid shape shifting. It's an unfair advantage in pvp situations. Having to make that choice to shapeshift should mean something. Warlocks have cast times to change demons and even hunters have a cast time to dismiss a pet to get another pet out.
    Is this a joke thread?

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    More importantly, why can't we have a female travel form? Doe, a deer, a female deer, does not have any horns. (say it like the song, you will smile)
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Get stuffed (and we're all sorry the bad druid killed you)

Quote Originally Posted by jazen View Post
    More importantly, why can't we have a female travel form? Doe, a deer, a female deer, does not have any horns. (say it like the song, you will smile)
    Good news: Glyph of the doe. And since shifting is on a CD, all problems raised in this thread have solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwiez View Post
    Good news: Glyph of the doe. And since shifting is on a CD, all problems raised in this thread have solutions.
    Also, with the changes to how our travel forms are presented in our spellbook in BfA, it means we can glyph our separate travel forms. So for example you could have the doe glyph while still having the orca glyph for aquatic form and the owl glyph for flight.

I think non-spec forms being long but powerful CDs you talent into would be more interesting.
    Cast times on shape-shifting prevents one from using them to react to situations, which is kind of what they're meant for -- which summoning demons and dismissing pets is not used for, and is a bad analogy. A better comparison would be Ghost Wolf, Ascendance, or Metamorphosis.

Is it just me, or why cant I shift from feral straight into flight form anymore? I have to go out of feral and then change to flight... happened a while back and even with macros im still sitting with this issue. From feral into bear is instant, but into flight is two clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Carnitaur View Post
    Is it just me, or why cant I shift from feral straight into flight form anymore? I have to go out of feral and then change to flight... happened a while back and even with macros im still sitting with this issue. From feral into bear is instant, but into flight is two clicks
    That's odd. There shouldn't be any difference to Guardian Form.

Shifting out is just removing a buff, anyway, so there shouldn't be anything preventing you from immediately entering a different form.

WAHHHH I failed to kill someone by not accounting for them using any tools they!!!! NERF THEMMM!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    It`s not an "unfair advantage" but a strength of the Druid that you have to play around. Druids have weaknesses that could be exploited like any other class.

Probably a bait thread but I'll bite:

If Druids had a cast time on their shapeshifting:
    - Dash/Displacer Beast/Tiger's Dash/Cat Form would NEVER be used outside of Feral/Resto Druids.
    - Bear Form is no longer a useful defensive. This would mean Balance Druids only have Barkskin, an extremely mediocre defensive cooldown, as their only defensive toolkit. I bet that would get Shamans to stop bitching about Reincarnation being their only defensive.
    - Shifting out of Cat/Moonkin forms for whatever reason is a small DPS loss on live, and would be a much worse one with a cast time attached. It already eats at least 2 GCDs which is the penalty for shifting out of form for all non-Resto Druids (bigger penalty for Bears: They reset to 20 Rage lose all stacks of Ironfur, and lose any active Frenzied Regen).
    - Travel Form is now always worse than just mounting (because mounts also get the 10% speed from guild perks, unlike Travel Form).
    - This would cripple Druids to a massive degree in PvP and remove one of our extreme strengths (getting rid of snares/roots) while giving us nothing in return.

In conclusion:
    - You seem salty about being killed by a Druid or them constantly shifting out of your snares/roots in PvP.
    - You don't understand class design.
    - You don't understand that there's more to WoW than just PvP (and affecting one or the other outside of PvE or PvP-exclusive abilities/gear can have dire consequences on the other).
    - "Git Gud Scrub".
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2018-06-17 at 05:19 PM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

That is the whole identity of the druid, shapeshifting.
    It's been this way forever and will not change anytime soon.
    It's just an advantage of the class just as all other classes have theirs, paladin has got the bubble, dk has his AMS and death grip, rogue has his instant invisibility etc. They may seem unfair but you must understand that even your class has something that would seem overpowered against a druid. You just gotta learn to play against druids. Poly them when they are out of form (like when they get out to heal) force them into guardian form to decrease their damage etc.
    In bfa, you will even be able to use hibernate on cat form since it counts as beast.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

You can shift directly from cat to any travel form. If I had to guess, you have a macro/addon something involved messing with it. I do this all the time.

It sounds like your problem *is* the macros you're using. Without macros, it all works fine,

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes0773 View Post
    You can shift directly from cat to any travel form. If I had to guess, you have a macro/addon something involved messing with it. I do this all the time.
    Awesome thanks, thought i was losing my mind. I have tried with and without a macro, but I think it must then be an addon that is messing with everything. Seems its time to wipe, reset and build a new UI again.

Appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwiez View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but Doe travel form takes away the ability of people to ride you? If that's not the case that would be awesome.

Shifting from one form to another works fine for me both Live and Beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Shifting from one form to another works fine for me both Live and Beta.
    Somehow somewhere i managed to console autounshift. Changed my UI still had the error and found out that was the issue... thanks for all the replies though.