Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Patch 8.0 PTR - Artifact Retirement Questline

Patch 8.0 PTR - Artifact Retirement Questline
    The pre-expansion patch on the PTR has updated to include the quest chain that leads to our Artifact Weapons becoming inactive as we head into Battle for Azeroth.

Spoilers: When you log into the PTR, you are given the quest The Speaker's Call which has you travel to Silithus and talk to the flight master of your respective faction's hub in order to get a ride up to your faction's gunship. Magni is on board with a select number of influential Legion NPCs (based on your faction) who also have Artifact weapons.

Upon turn in, you will receive the quest The Power in Our Hands which requires you to speak to Magni to initiate a cutscene in which you and the other NPCs use your Artifact Weapons to drain the energy from Sargeras's sword and stabilize the wound.

Completing these quests will still allow you to use your Artifact Weapon, but all traits and abilities attached to it will become disabled, including those from the Netherlight Crucible and your relics. Relics can still be slotted into the weapon, but all they do is increase the item level of the weapon. Currently Artifact weapons are disabled upon login to the PTR, so you can't just avoid doing the quest to keep your traits.

Last edited by chaud; 2018-06-16 at 09:32 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Weird that the artifact isn't disabled prior to doing the quest? Or is it?

Would almost be advantageous if it isn't.... to not do it then until everyone has it disabled?

is there no audio in this quest yet?

Wasn't this on the 7.3.5 PTR as well? I feel like its gonna happen before 8.0 and 8.0 will just disable the artifact traits upon login. Otherwise, what if I dont do the quest?.

Quote Originally Posted by MabusGaming View Post
    Weird that the artifact isn't disabled prior to doing the quest? Or is it?

Would almost be advantageous if it isn't.... to not do it then until everyone has it disabled?
    I'd assume that by default, the artifacts are disabled as soon as pre-patch hits. The questline just makes it official. Otherwise there would be no point in doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kratoslól View Post
    Wasn't this on the 7.3.5 PTR as well? I feel like its gonna happen before 8.0 and 8.0 will just disable the artifact traits upon login. Otherwise, what if I dont do the quest?.
    Yes, this was already datamined during 7.3.5 alongside with artifact instability. Its not a new thing, its just that they made it available on PTR.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Okay so I will not do that quest line until very close to the expansion release, gotcha.

Quote Originally Posted by Kratoslól View Post
    Blizzard can make this as a scenario or mandatory in a quest chain.For example:- When legion was launched , a player had no option of avoiding the starting scenario of broken shore.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get any quest when I log in.. is this a bug or sth else?
    is it only US or it doesn't matter for PTR?

Oh, boy, another boring questline in Silithus. They really know how to keep the excitement up, don't they? We're already collecting bug brains and cloth so some idiot can wipe himself in an outhouse.

And no, I'm not kidding. That's one of the quests in the leadup to BfA. Collecting cloth because some guy forgot TP.

Quote Originally Posted by huldu View Post
    Okay so I will not do that quest line until very close to the expansion release, gotcha.
    Regardless if you do it or not, the traits are disabled upon pre-patch launch.

When legion was launched , a player had no option of avoiding the starting scenario of broken shore.
    Thankfully, they've enabled the option to skip Lordaeron after one character completes it. Although, the reward for completing the scenario is like 150k XP on the PTR, so I'd do it to get a jump on leveling if I were you.

Quote Originally Posted by huldu View Post
    That's not how it works, traits are already disabled upon login, the quest is there only for storyline purposes.

No quest on the ptr :x

Deleted
    Once you log onto the PTR the traits are disabled, there is no advantage to not doing this scenario, its purely for lore.

cant even do it

Deleted
    There is only one problem here, every time I log out and in, don't give up the quest. : D

when can we expect the new talent trees and abilities change?

10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda... underwhelming ending.

no horde characters,this must be a joke