Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunaqt View Post
    Garrosh would like to have a word...

Ragnaros also dropped 2 Firehawks, I can't say for sure about Deathwing as I was raiding 10m at the time but i'm positive he also did.
    Pretty sure Garrosh only dropped one mount, and Ragnaros sure didn't drop two mounts. Deathwing only dropped two mounts but they weren't the same: one was a guaranteed Heroic only mount, and the other was a random mount; just like Gul'dan's mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    Pretty sure Garrosh only dropped one mount, and Ragnaros sure didn't drop two mounts. Deathwing only dropped two mounts but they weren't the same: one was a guaranteed Heroic only mount, and the other was a random mount; just like Gul'dan's mounts.

From Cata -> MoP with the introduction of 10 & 25man (at the same level, not reduced ilvl like WotLK) it dropped 2 mounts.
    10man dropped 1 mount.

Ragnaros did in fact drop 2 mounts on heroic.

Deathwing dropped 2 Life-Binder's Handmaidens with a chance to drops reins of the blazing drake as well.
    Last edited by Yunaqt; 2018-07-17 at 12:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunaqt View Post

From Cata -> MoP with the introduction of 10 & 25man (at the same level, not reduced ilvl like WotLK) it dropped 2 mounts.
    10man dropped 1 mount.

Ragnaros did in fact drop 2 mounts on heroic.

Deathwing dropped 2 Life-Binder's Handmaidens with a chance to drops reins of the blazing drake as well.
    The Garrosh example doesn't count considering it's in the pre-patch and Heroic 25 man raiding was eliminated in that patch.

Maybe I'm misremembering Deathwing, but you're definitely talking out of your ass for the Rag mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

The Garrosh example doesn't count considering it's in the pre-patch and Heroic 25 man raiding was eliminated in that patch.

Maybe I'm misremembering Deathwing, but you're definitely talking out of your ass for the Rag mount.
    I might be mistaken, for some reason I thought I remembered 2 handed out at a time when farming it, was 7years ago though.

Deathwing 100% was though, as was Garrosh (SS is from 20man as the drops were not changed in the pre-patch, can check out any kill of 25man and will see 2 in the loot window).

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uhBhGE-Bw8

Pretty sure Garrosh only dropped one mount
    October 3rd patch 5.4 hotfix
    Garrosh Hellscream now drops two Kor'kron Juggernaut on 25-player Heroic difficulty. (Requires realm restarts to take effect.)
    Garrosh 25 man heroic dropped two mounts from that point onwards
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2018-07-17 at 07:56 AM.

Even if it wasnt the case, which seems like it is according to many posters providing you proof already, a mount per 10 ppl would only make sense, considering old 10m HC awarded a mount. So with twice the number of ppl, it might as well drop 2

Deleted

Garrosh dropped two long before pre-patch, the pre-patch just made it a joke that he was dropping anything at all considering he could barely get mechanics off.

Quote Originally Posted by EUPLEB View Post
    You're comparing the kills of a 12-14 month tier with a tier that lasted half of that.
    Amusing considering he was replying to the OP who was comparing Argus kill numbers to KJ who had been out significantly longer at the time.

I have main tanked the fight for 20 weeks straight as a guardian druid. It's literally impossible to survive anywhere as close as I use to. Dying through SI on 3rd Scythe ect. If I don't use anything for the 2nd scythe 2 ironfurs isn't enough to survive. Something is very clearly wrong and a boss shouldn't be more difficult than it was 20 weeks ago, lol

Mythic Argus didn't need a nerf last week. Ironically it does now.

Guldan and Argus both died on pull 4 for us this week. Aggramar on pull 5.

Just have to worry about mechanics more than throughput and you'll be ok, it doesn't seem to need nerfs.

Quote Originally Posted by Drish View Post

Just have to worry about mechanics more than throughput and you'll be ok, it doesn't seem to need nerfs.
    Obviously you aren't a tank. Saying that it doesn't need a nerf is incredibly narrow minded. The boss isn't working as intended and some tank classes literally can't do what they were able to just a few days ago. What would you call that then?

So you believe it's a good idea for Antorus to be harder this week than last week?

Deleted

It might not need them, but post-progression when I'm just looking to get a few more mounts and scythes if anything, having Argus massively increase in difficulty and become a challenge again isn't really what I'm interested in. Even ignoring the fact that healing is the prime concern with tanks feeling squishier and rages hitting super hard, the fight duration has increased massively.

The only times this has ever happened in a previous pre-patch it's been labeled as unintended and patched accordingly.

10+ Year Old Account
    M.Argus died on 2nd pull for us. Aggramar we did it too, naturally, but there are sure adjustments there with DK pull range nerf and such. We ended up downing it half killing adds last pull.

No I did not tank, I can only speak from personal experience, but neither of our tanks were complaining. One of them is a Demon Hunter, which i've heard took the hardest hit in survivability with the prepatch. Feel free to discuss because I don't really know.

We also 2 shot felhounds, which I know some tanks were complaining about, but since we had no trouble I chalked it up to "maybe they just didn't figure out their class yet, or maybe simply guardian is having issues".

My perspective was that what we wiped to was us ignoring mechanics that weren't deadly prior, as noted with Guldan.

Then again the tanks I run with do cheeky shenanigans, like running with the beam on Kingaroth so they reflect more damage and get higher damage parses, so maybe my perception on the average tank is skewed.

Killed both agg/argus, both weren’t bad at all. Argus took us 6 pulls total I think maybe less than that which is more than usual. The raid should be easy at this point, there’s no reason to have it be as difficult or more difficult than it was last week.

Personally I don’t like how many nerfs argus got, I feel like the last one that nerfed his hp and damage of rage/fear was unneeded if concordance was going to climb like it did. More guilds killing the boss is a good thing though. However for pre patch obviously it should be easy, doesn’t matter who kills it now everything but the mount is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Personally I don’t like how many nerfs argus got, I feel like the last one that nerfed his hp and damage of rage/fear was unneeded if concordance was going to climb like it did. More guilds killing the boss is a good thing though.
    The number of cutting edge kills on Argus was 1704 at the time maintenance started in EU (I think it's the last region that gets the patch, most last kills were EU and 1 in Taiwan), and that's in line with Gul'dan cutting edge kills, so I'd personally say this should be the benchmark to aim, mythic KJ had about half of that and it sucked.

For all the logistics troubles middle of the pack guilds have to be able to regularly field 20 people and progress, I don't mind if the "last minute kill" is a bit easier, it still requires effort.

Now for pre-patch, it seems to be general Blizzard's crusade to nerf tanks every single expac, I'm not surprised that tanks went from surviving 5 scythes to dying on 3, but then the damage should be adjusted. Same thing happened in HFC, first day on prepatch tanks were trucked on Zakuun, but it got nerfed the day after.

Deleted
    Antorus will be getting considerate nerfs and adjustments later this week.

The only issue we seem to be having right now besides dogs in Argus p3 tree isn't resurrecting a significant amount of people. Maybe we are just retarded but the previous 16 kills didn't have that problem.

Quote Originally Posted by EUPLEB View Post
    Antorus will be getting considerate nerfs and adjustments later this week.
    Where did you see this?