View Poll Results: Should children be separated from adults in detention facilities?

Voters
287. This poll is closed
  • Yes

94 32.75%
  • No

193 67.25%
Page 1 of 37
... LastLast

Should children be separated from adults when detained for illegally immigrating?

It has become a major issue lately, that apparently the situation on the Mexico/US border has turned into a literal holocaust, with children being ripped from their parents arms and taken away to 'the showers' never to be heard from again. Should we be separating families in such a brutal manner, or should we allow children to be held with adults in detention facilities?

This furor was set off by comments made on Morning Joe earlier this week:

Article about Trump administration response:
    http://www.newsweek.com/white-house-...ficials-980073

Michael Hayden:
    http://www.newsweek.com/former-cia-c...-policy-980348
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The law should be followed and enforced with immigration. It can be a bitter pill to swallow, but is necessary.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Fuck no. It's an attempt to be petty, cause undue hardship and pain, and is an asshole thing to do. This is a shitty administration, and it will go down as one of the worst in this nation's history.

7+ Year Old Account
    LOL love that ridiculous title: like the Nazis!

Wish I had been aware of that excuse when I was kid.

Mom/dad: Take a shower before you go to bed.
    Me: You know who forced children to take showers? Nazis! That's right mom/dad: you're the same as a fucking Nazi!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    The law should be followed and enforced with immigration. It can be a bitter pill to swallow, but is necessary.
    How very anti-freedom and big government of you.

It's a shame how many "conservatives" have decided they hate things like individual liberty and limited government.

But hey, at least you are exactly like the California liberals who want to take away people's guns...

I suggest we take the children of criminals into jail as well. Heck, take the entire family. We don't want to separate families, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Fuck no. It's an attempt to be petty, cause undue hardship and pain, and is an asshole thing to do. This is a shitty administration, and it will go down as one of the worst in this nation's history.
    You have no fucking idea what your talking about. the entire reason for this rule is to stop human trafficking. But please dont research shit and spout nonsense. Im ready for this thread to be pages of uniformed drivel from people who havnt researched shit.

5+ Year Old Account
    if it is the law then yes

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    You have no fucking idea what your talking about. the entire reason for this rule is to stop human trafficking. But please dont research shit and spout nonsense.
    Yes, separate families, because you hate Mexicans, and don't want them working here. Nobody is shocked by this administration any longer.

Feel free to continue shilling for this authoritarian government.

10+ Year Old Account
    If yes wins, I fucking swear I gonna leave the shitshow of this forum forever.

7+ Year Old Account
    Separating kids from their families is done to prevent human trafficking? Genius!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    If yes wins, I fucking swear I gonna leave the shitshow of this forum forever.
    everyone vote yes for fun!

Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by Natta Lmo View Post
    if it is the law then yes
    I think it's fallacious to assume the law always has it right (If this is even the law?). This kind of discussion should go deeper than that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Natta Lmo View Post
    everyone vote yes for fun!
    Pssh, go eat your marbles!

Yes, separate families, because you hate Mexicans, and don't want them working here. Nobody is shocked by this administration any longer.

Feel free to continue shilling for this authoritarian government.
    see, your clueless and have no idea what the fuck your talking about. Why dont you stop foaming at the mouth and use your brain and go see why they seperate children. Or is drooling like a fool here infront of everyone what you would rather do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stealing children away from their parents can have disastrous long term effects on mental health. This practice is a disgrace.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The law doesn't require separating families. That's a policy choice of this administration.
    So children should be kept in the same population as adults in detention facilities?
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    Pssh, go eat your marbles!
    why would u eat marbles?

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    Stealing children away from their parents can have disastrous long term effects on mental health. This practice is a disgrace.
    Why is it that we don't house children and adults in the same prison facilities?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    see, your clueless and have no idea what the fuck your talking about. Why dont you stop foaming at the mouth and use your brain and go see why they seperate children. Or is drooling like a fool here infront of everyone what you would rather do.
    I'd rather side with individual liberty, limited government, and the free markets on this one, thanks.

Let them come here, let them earn their keep, and let them produce. God damn, freedom is fucking awesome. It's a shame you don't think so.