Demon Hunter Flight

I'd like to reopen the conversation on allowing Demon Hunters a flight ability that might operate similar to Worgen's "Running Wild". Previously, the devs had commented that they had considered it, but that ultimately they felt it did not fit with the theme of Demon Hunters and mentioned that even the most powerful Demon Hunters were only capable of gliding.

These statements seem unreasonable following the way they handled Demon Hunters throughout Legion. Whenever a Demon Hunter would aid the player in the Broken Isles, they would swoop in from the sky and then launch away with their wings. Illidan, in the Cathedral of Eternal Night, "takes to the skys" to fight the felbats in the air as we battle the second to last boss. It seems that lore and theme are no longer good enough reasons not to have this feature.

I do not believe that this would cause any balance issues, as Demon Hunters could have a standard cast time (possibly involving a badass take off animation) and we have seen success in a player flight form in druids.

It seems to me, that this could be a very cool and fun addition with no real drawback.

Additionally, another interesting feature for Demon Hunters might have the added benefit of attracting more players to the class as we are currently the least played class if I remember correctly.
    Last edited by Jesbro64; 2018-06-18 at 02:39 PM.

It would make for a fun glyph like glyph of zen flight.

wouldn't even have to be on a cast time tbh, it's time to get an alternative to druids if you want QoL for world/ questing.
    please post the suggestion on the forums

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzyorcborne View Post
    It would make for a fun glyph like glyph of zen flight.
    as long as it isn't slow like zen flight. also: fix zen flight and make it max mount speed

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaxus View Post
    wouldn't even have to be on a cast time tbh, it's time to get an alternative to druids if you want QoL for world/ questing.

- - - Updated - - -

as long as it isn't slow like zen flight. also: fix zen flight and make it max mount speed
    They can't make it no-cast like the druid form. It's an iconic ability.
    But they can make it casted and mountspeed.

That way we have druid no-cast fast, monk no-cast slow and dh cast fast.
    They could even do a special casting animation like drop on your knees, release the wings, then jump in the air. Similar to Illidan in the TBC intro cinematic and the boss fight.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Only if the wings flap like a hummingbird's.

Also, DH are the MOST played class. Monks are the least. Remember that you have to measure only the max lvl %.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Only if the wings flap like a hummingbird's.

Also, DH are the MOST played class. Monks are the least. Remember that you have to measure only the max lvl %.
    dh are not the most played, druid and paladins are on 110, dh are around 8%, so pretty much average

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    dh are not the most played, druid and paladins are on 110, dh are around 8%, so pretty much average
    Huh, I must be using the wrong site (realmpop), or not chosing the correct options to show me the correct max lvl population, because this is what I get:

Would you kindly show me the source of your information? I feel like the site I'm using is not accurate if what you are saying is true.

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/census...ervertypeid=-1

who knows which one is more accurate, i'd wager yours, since census uses an addon to supplement it's data.

i assumed it was true, because the bliz dev team seems to be really adamant about making Dh and Monk a lot more attractive by giving them a LOT of utility tools, group buffs etc.

Demon Hunters are Disneys Gargoyles? GLIDING FOR LIFE! lol

I may be wrong, but I was under the impression that there exist many level 110 Demon Hunters, but there exist very few players who main a Demon Hunter. I believe the story goes that people were hyped about the brand new class, and everyone made one, leveled it, but then mained something else. Maybe I should have said that I believe Demon Hunter may be the least played "main". I would think that percentage maining a class is a better indicator of class representation as people do not log their alts nearly as much as they do their mains, and you are much more likely to encounter people on their mains than alts, especially when pursuing difficult content. I would expect the percentage of players with a Demon Hunter at max level to drop substantially with BFA as Demon Hunters will no longer be brand new and exciting.

This seems kind of beside the point however. Either way, I think Demon Hunter flight is an awesome potential feature with no reason not to exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesbro64 View Post
    I believe the story goes that people were hyped about the brand new class, and everyone made one, leveled it, but then mained something else.
    There is no reason to not have a max level DH when it's basically a free extra order hall gold mule.

- - - Updated - - -

sadly, neither of these things are likely to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Huh, I must be using the wrong site (realmpop), or not chosing the correct options to show me the correct max lvl population, because this is what I get:

Would you kindly show me the source of your information? I feel like the site I'm using is not accurate if what you are saying is true.
    That just shows total level 110s, doesn't show whether they're actually getting played. DHs are the easiest way to get to 110. Even I have 2 110 DHs and have a Monk main.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    DH flying would be awesome! I doubt we'd see that, however.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampz View Post
    inb4 "flying is a major part of the reason I have fun in wow!"
    Buy a fucking flight sim then

10+ Year Old Account
    They said they won't because Illidan only ever "hovered"

They had considered it, but sadly the chance for it has passed. I highly doubt they'd re-visit the conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    They can't make it no-cast like the druid form. It's an iconic ability.
    But they can make it casted and mountspeed.

That way we have druid no-cast fast, monk no-cast slow and dh cast fast.
    They could even do a special casting animation like drop on your knees, release the wings, then jump in the air. Similar to Illidan in the TBC intro cinematic and the boss fight.
    Exactly what I was thinking on the subject.
    “Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.warcraftrealms.com/census...ervertypeid=-1

who knows which one is more accurate, i'd wager yours, since census uses an addon to supplement it's data.

i assumed it was true, because the bliz dev team seems to be really adamant about making Dh and Monk a lot more attractive by giving them a LOT of utility tools, group buffs etc.
    Both have issues, census plus needs people on each realm running the addon different times of day t get accurate counts, and the other site uses armory so betting there are a ton of ‘i leveled the dh to see intro/how it plays/etc’ meaning alts sitting at ilvl 800-910’ish
    Problems with both systems tbh, i would expect how many dh’s are played to be somewhere in between the two counts, or closer to census+ data...but who knows
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesbro64 View Post
    Previously, the devs had commented that they had considered it, but that ultimately they felt it did not fit with the theme of Demon Hunters and mentioned that even the most powerful Demon Hunters were only capable of gliding.
    ....have these devs watched any of their own cinematics?

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Demon Hunters are Disneys Gargoyles? GLIDING FOR LIFE! lol
    I always wanted to be Lexington
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8