Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
    This month? 150 eur at least... But I just started playing again and there's so much stuff I want. .Won't happen next month though, I promise.
    Next month is their anniversary sale. Guard your wallet.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

For the game only and stopped playing due to lack of things to do.
    Love the classes and the world design, the guild halls are awesome too.
    I just rather pay for content releases instead of cosmetic releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Next month is their anniversary sale. Guard your wallet.
    Shieeetttttt, I was gonna buy a few things this weekend but forgot. Guess I'll hope for some shared inventory slots to go on sale during the anniversary, because I really want to unlock a few more so I can store all my harvesting tools/endless salvage kit there for easy transfer between characters.

Per month it prob amounts to 10 bucks or less for me but it depends. Had to get the blue kangaroo skin for my rabbit as the rabbit is ugly as hell. Also needed to buy gold for my griffon. Other than that I usually buy keys or different packages.

So far I've spent $20 bucks on games for bank tabs and inventory tabs on a character. I still have some gems left over I think. I didn't realize that Inventory tabs were character only so I'll be more careful with that in the future. No monthly fee though means I have no issue spending a little bit every month.

max 10$ otherwise zero

Playing since 3 month now - arround 500€ per month for catching up with gear and fashion wars

I hold back and then start spending in 100$+ splurges. I need to rein it in.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2018-09-04 at 07:22 AM.

If this game had a sub I'd be playing it. Instead they milk you dry.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    Except they don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    How?

Everything in that store is cosmetic.

Only shit I disagree with is lootbox mount skins.

And how dye kits are handled.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Only shit I disagree with is lootbox mount skins.
    I think they stopped doing these after huge backlash, most of the skins are on direct sale now.
    Looking for Raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    I think they stopped doing these after huge backlash, most of the skins are on direct sale now.
    Alright fair game there is a specific option now.

One thing next. Remove the gem cost on LS. You shouldn't be punished for taking a break or quitting and wanting to see the story when you come back.

Tbh if PoF ever goes 50% off again I might take a peek but for now just got other games that are my focus.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-09-04 at 05:24 PM.

One thing next. Remove the gem cost on LS. You shouldn't be punished for taking a break or quitting and wanting to see the story when you come back.
    Yeah, I agree, that paywall for story content and new maps sucks both for new and for returning players, even if it's relatively cheap. If anything, they should at least include LWS2 into Heart of Thorns purchase and LWS3 into Path of Fire.
    Looking for Raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Yeah, I agree, that paywall for story content and new maps sucks both for new and for returning players, even if it's relatively cheap. If anything, they should at least include LWS2 into Heart of Thorns purchase and LWS3 into Path of Fire.
    If I come back to a game and I can't complete an integral part of it aka the story without paying just because I took a break then that's shit imo.

But yeah. If you buy the expansions they should include ALL of the story no matter what for said expansion.

Yeah, the newer additions are random for 400 gems or specific for 1200 gems.

I can understand that they want money for stuff, but... eh. I don't think this is where to make it. At the least they should age-out older LS seasons or just charge a little bit. I have them all from logins, and certainly don't feel slighted if someone else gets it for free.

I don't think they're really mandatory though. The zones still have some population though.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Yeah, the newer additions are random for 400 gems or specific for 1200 gems.

I can understand that they want money for stuff, but... eh. I don't think this is where to make it. At the least they should age-out older LS seasons or just charge a little bit. I have them all from logins, and certainly don't feel slighted if someone else gets it for free.

I don't think they're really mandatory though. The zones still have some population though.
    Well yeah it's not mandatory but still very integral for a game like this.

Also 1200 gems? Bloody hell. Make it 800 imo.

Tbh if PoF ever goes 50% off again I might take a peek but for now just got other games that are my focus.
    IMO it's fine. If you have the game in any capacity, literally all you need to do is log in to unlock the episode while it's live. That's 3 full months to simply log in, get it unlocked, and then log out. It's a "reward" for active players, and unlike S1 they've kept the episodes around so you can replay them for folks who missed content or want to replay it.

It's a fine way to sell content that was originally never intended to stick around outside of its shelf life and it's another monetization tool that's not exploitative. It would be great if they were free, but I can't begrudge Anet for monetizing the content for lapsed/new players while giving that same content away for free to any players that log in. Even when I wasn't playing during HoT it was still painfully easy to log in once a quarter to unlock the LS episode and then go back to not touching the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    IMO it's fine. If you have the game in any capacity, literally all you need to do is log in to unlock the episode while it's live. That's 3 full months to simply log in, get it unlocked, and then log out. It's a "reward" for active players, and unlike S1 they've kept the episodes around so you can replay them for folks who missed content or want to replay it.

It's a fine way to sell content that was originally never intended to stick around outside of its shelf life and it's another monetization tool that's not exploitative. It would be great if they were free, but I can't begrudge Anet for monetizing the content for lapsed/new players while giving that same content away for free to any players that log in. Even when I wasn't playing during HoT it was still painfully easy to log in once a quarter to unlock the LS episode and then go back to not touching the game.
    Eh I think if I had to pick one gripe with this game out of the few I have that would be the biggest personally. It's just one I don't agree with.

I mean yeah 200 gems per episode is cheap but still...

I mean yeah 200 gems per episode is cheap but still...
    It is cheap. The story content alone is at least 1-3 hours depending on the episode, which is definitely worth the roughly $2.50 it costs. Tack onto that achievements and related zone content? That's a bloody steal.

There's more value packed into that even if you just do the story and zone completion (no achieves, no farming etc.) than there is with pretty much any similar DLC I can think of off the top of my head.