Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It is cheap. The story content alone is at least 1-3 hours depending on the episode, which is definitely worth the roughly $2.50 it costs. Tack onto that achievements and related zone content? That's a bloody steal.

There's more value packed into that even if you just do the story and zone completion (no achieves, no farming etc.) than there is with pretty much any similar DLC I can think of off the top of my head.
    Oh yeah not denying it's not a fair price.

I just think that this is a thing they could remove and not suffer for it. Especially with how cosmetic heavy their store is.

I'm just of the belief story should come bundled with the expansion full stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    I can understand that they want money for stuff, but... eh. I don't think this is where to make it. At the least they should age-out older LS seasons or just charge a little bit. I have them all from logins, and certainly don't feel slighted if someone else gets it for free.

I don't think they're really mandatory though. The zones still have some population though.
    I don't think it's for the money but rather to get people to log in. Still, there are better ways like rather rewarding people than penalizing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    I don't think it's for the money but rather to get people to log in. Still, there are better ways like rather rewarding people than penalizing them.
    Well, the free content is the reward. It's a super low-effort ask for any current player - you have 3 full months to install/log in for 10 seconds and log back out. Even during the near year of HoT where I wasn't playing the game because I hated the expansion so much I still managed to log in to get every single LS episode without issue.

And there are already other rewards for logging in...the daily rewards : P

I just got back into the game about 2 weeks ago, bought on when it released. leveled one character to 80 then bought both xpacs last week they were on sale for $75.00 for both. Since I got 2 boosts and a character slot, now Im going to buy 3 more character slots so I can make the remaining 3 classes I don't have since I have a bunch of Birth day boosts available and can pretty much bump all my new characters to at least 50.

10+ Year Old Account
    How are liking the new xpacs?

Make sure you unlock gliding and you first mount on your level 80 so you can have them while leveling your alts.

HMU if you're looking for a guild (NA)

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Deleted
    Haven't spent a cent besides Xpacs to be honest. I usually grind when I really want something, but then again, I've always been more of a casual player when it comes to GW2.

$10-$20 usually? Depends on what sales they have. That's kind of the average over the course of the year. I will usually go crazy when they have a bunch of stuff on the Black Lion that I really want.

10+ Year Old Account
    None, I swap gold for gems if I ever need something off the store.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I guess the answer for me is $34CAD since that's how much the expansions were when on sale. I haven't played the game in a long time but every now and then I get an urge and lately it's been going up since some of my friends are breaking back in to the MMO scene and it's on the menu. It seems like HoT rarely goes on deep sale let alone the latest expansion so to see both at 50% off I'd figure this would be a good rainy day purchase.

Might start tonight since I still have both expansion stories to work on.

Is Dragonhunter Power Hammer still okay as far as fractals are concerned? Is Necromancer still awful in general?
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2019-01-21 at 09:53 PM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    I guess the answer for me is $34CAD since that's how much the expansions were when on sale. I haven't played the game in a long time but every now and then I get an urge and lately it's been going up since some of my friends are breaking back in to the MMO scene and it's on the menu. It seems like HoT rarely goes on deep sale let alone the latest expansion so to see both at 50% off I'd figure this would be a good rainy day purchase.

Might start tonight since I still have both expansion stories to work on.

Is Dragonhunter Power Hammer still okay as far as fractals are concerned? Is Necromancer still awful in general?
    I don't know if Dragonhunters are using hammer but DH is still respectable DPS. Crazy burst, good CC, no one will tell you to get out of their group.

Necros have never been bad in fractals, just overshadowed. Scourges are amazing condi and/or support. Reaper do good dps but are overshadowed. With that said, I'll take a Reaper who doesn't die over a <insert top tier meta class> that dies or is toxic.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I don't know if Dragonhunters are using hammer but DH is still respectable DPS. Crazy burst, good CC, no one will tell you to get out of their group.

Necros have never been bad in fractals, just overshadowed. Scourges are amazing condi and/or support. Reaper do good dps but are overshadowed. With that said, I'll take a Reaper who doesn't die over a <insert top tier meta class> that dies or is toxic.
    IIRC the idea was that hammer would apply either a permanent condition or buff to the party but this is based on old information so maybe it no longer applies.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Nothing to be honest. Just from time to time in big events like Halloween or Wintersday

The stuff in the gem store is pretty fun. It’s definitely not pay to win. Just fun cosmetic stuff that makes you smile. No one should be ashamed of spending, maybe $15/month.... Unlike WoW, you can point to something and say that’s where my money went

Just spendt 20€ last night on keys for lions chests (to get wvw track reward) and i got the endless upgrade extractor, so im happy with spending 20€ on the game now and then
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

They don't get a penny from me after my account got compromised twice through weaknesses in their infrastructure years back.

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyOwnz View Post
    Nothing to be honest. Just from time to time in big events like Halloween or Wintersday
    Ya I like a lot of the Holiday stuff too, some of the new mount skins are really cool too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    Reaper is pretty amazing if you build it correctly.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Thanks a lot to my mom - she was sooooo angry about me spending money on GW2)) But in the best times - to buy some outfits and skins was everyday shit.

3+ Year Old Account
    Other then the game and the expansions i dont think ive ever spent anything on gw2.

10+ Year Old Account
    I spend $10-20 every few months to refresh my ticket supply for more great sword/dagger skins and to buy the occasional costume.

I have 3 tickets still so I'm good for awhile yet.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Newer player and so far only spent about $30 for character, inventory, and bank slots. Far, far less then I have spent playing WoW over the years. No issues with the store though, Anet has to support the game somehow.