Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
  1. #61
    I am Murloc! Usagi Senshi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Rabbit Hole
    Posts
    5,146
    I spend $10-20 every few months to refresh my ticket supply for more great sword/dagger skins and to buy the occasional costume.

    I have 3 tickets still so I'm good for awhile yet.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

  2. #62
    Newer player and so far only spent about $30 for character, inventory, and bank slots. Far, far less then I have spent playing WoW over the years. No issues with the store though, Anet has to support the game somehow.

  3. #63
    I bought the expansions and some currency probably twice to get some convenience stuff. Haven't bought anything else and only really play the story. I gave GW2 a big try when path of fire came, but end of the day, aside from the story, i really don't enjoy it very much at end-game. I do love the world cause i'm a GW1 fan, but everything GW2 is a disappointment to me.

    I really do wish they made a GW3 more like the original or heck, i'd be happy with a continuation of the original.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2019-09-16 at 04:56 AM.

  4. #64
    The Insane PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Upside Down
    Posts
    18,690
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    I bought the expansions and some currency probably twice to get some conviniece stuff. Haven't bought anything else and only really play the story. I gave GW2 a big try when path of fire came, but end of the day, aside from the story, i really don't enjoy it very much at end-game. I do love the world cause i'm a GW1 fan, but everything GW2 is a disappointment to me.

    I really do wish they made a GW3 more likethe original or heck, i'd be happy with a continuation of the original.
    Are you excited for the next content cycle since its featuring EotN zones?

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Are you excited for the next content cycle since its featuring EotN zones?
    I will check it out, for sure. I still have the last episode of the current season to play through, but have been busy with ffxiv.

    But you know, seeing the reactions from the new announcement, even i am worried about the future of guild wars. I worry there won't be one.

  6. #66
    The Insane PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Upside Down
    Posts
    18,690
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    I will check it out, for sure. I still have the last episode of the current season to play through, but have been busy with ffxiv.

    But you know, seeing the reactions from the new announcement, even i am worried about the future of guild wars. I worry there won't be one.
    The reaction wasn't so much what they announced, it's how. They threw this giant spetical for it as of it was something huge. In reality it's between an xpac announcement and a typical living story announcement.

    I know why they might felt the need to be extra, they survived a massive layoff and wanted to show off...but what everyone saw was awkward. Anet has always been awkwardly passionate though.

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    The reaction wasn't so much what they announced, it's how. They threw this giant spetical for it as of it was something huge. In reality it's between an xpac announcement and a typical living story announcement.
    Not even that, I think, since this isn't really the first time they've reshuffled the way the Living Story works. Certainly we're not going back to the 2/4 week schedule we had at first, and "little events" and stuff have long been a part of the system.

    I know why they might felt the need to be extra, they survived a massive layoff and wanted to show off...but what everyone saw was awkward. Anet has always been awkwardly passionate though.
    I think they planned to show more, but didn't have enough ready for publication. We got a trailer and a few other cutscene type things, but didn't have enough of the post-prequel material to show.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Not even that, I think, since this isn't really the first time they've reshuffled the way the Living Story works. Certainly we're not going back to the 2/4 week schedule we had at first, and "little events" and stuff have long been a part of the system.



    I think they planned to show more, but didn't have enough ready for publication. We got a trailer and a few other cutscene type things, but didn't have enough of the post-prequel material to show.
    If they didn't have enough to show they should have delayed the show. Cause honestly, the trailer was mostly just art.
    In truth, it gave an image no one wanted to see. A team that seems nervously unsure of the future.

    Even SWTOR's dev team, with a small expansion manages to glow off excitement for the game and to engage with the community. I don't know what is going on at anet, but i'm very worried.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •