Page 7 of 117 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post

If the Trump cult were serious about the wall, they would have something to say on that note, and your note above about imminent domain. They would have a legislative strategy to actually make this thing happen. They would give a great amount of concern to the process.

But what do we see here in this thread? They can't even read the post. They don't even want to think about it. It's like looking into the sun for them. The Trump cult isn't actually interested in the wall as a viable static defense against illegal immigration. They're interested in the wall as a 2000 mile monument to white supremacy and xenophobia. They want the symolism of the wall. The functional nature of the wall, like the process of building and sustaing it, isn't even on their radar. If they could build a 1500 foot intimidating statue with some kind of repulsor ray that would push people crossing the border illegally out, they would probably want to build that instead. It is nothing more than a monument to their inhuman amorality.
    I've made a fair number of posts in the past about the issue of eminent domain, since due to my fiance owning quite a bit of farmland I have personal experience watching her in court challenging domain claims, but there's never been any response. And at the end of the day, the absolute fastest way to turn a rural population against, say, members of the House who are very closely tied to such things, is to say "we are going to be taking your land away and pay you a pittance." This hits the House even more than the Senate, so ignoring it is basically ignoring the reason why the House isn't all up in arms for the wall either. I don't think many pro-wall people here even understand what imminent domain is, and the land seizures that would be required for such a massive construction project to take place, and that ultimately around 2/3rds of the land projected to be needed for the wall would need to be appropriated from lawful citizens in order to construct it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Why exactly you cannot show respect for your enemies despite them being enemies?

Read the news champ, there's plenty of articles pointing out why it was inappropriate, I don't have time for your weak attemps of trying to put a spin on obvious shit.

Why exactly you cannot show respect for your enemies despite them being enemies?
    Probably because he is a dictator and a general in one of the worst countries since Russia with Stalin and Germany with Hitler.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Read the news champ, there's plenty of articles pointing out why it was inappropriate, I don't have time for your weak attemps of trying to put a spin on obvious shit.
    It is in fact appropriate and outrage is manufactured.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Probably because he is a dictator and a general in one of the worst countries since Russia with Stalin and Germany with Hitler.
    How exactly not showing respect to Kim's military improves anything?

It is in fact appropriate and outrage is manufactured.

- - - Updated - - -

How exactly not showing respect to Kim's military improves anything?
    He didn't have to salute him like a fucking moron. Especially when the general had his hand out for a fucking hand shake.

I mean literally Trump looks like a fucking retard saluting a NK general that should, for all intents and purposes be jailed for the rest of his life or strung up for crimes against humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    He didn't have to salute him like a fucking moron. Especially when the general had his hand out for a fucking hand shake.
    NK General saluted first then held his hand for handshake; Trump simply reciprocated the gesture.

As such, it is entirely appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Wrong. Stop enthusiastically misrepresenting peoples' positions on matters and you might have an ounce of integrity.
    Sounds like jealousy to me since you spent all of yours and don't even have an ounce left. Maybe Roy Moore needs an assistant? Oh, you're probably not his type...

My interest is to ignore all the lunatics running around shouting the sky is falling at every manufactured crisis they can come up with on a given news cycle. Latest thing was a perfect example of a complete NON-ISSUE that wasn't even anything new.
    Oh they're manufactured all right. Manufactured by the Trump administration and their absolute shitshow of governing capabilities. Either through ineptitude, unvarnished greed, or pure malevolence, they just keep 'em coming.

I'm sure if you keep screaming that they're non-issues and faux outrage that this will change though. Top tier tactic.

Let's not conflate respect with deference and gushing compliments.

10+ Year Old Account
    You could try having a President or political representation of your own one day. I believe in you.
    I can be vicariously happy for you that you're enjoying Springtime for Racists, I'm sure your pedophiles will have their day too.

You could try having a President or political representation of your own one day. I believe in you.
    Surely you aren't bitching out of the argument already?

I had like 20 more pedo-themed zingers ready...

"Everything is racist", you guys certainly know what works and what doesn't don't you? Keep it up.
    Isn't it funny when people point directly at racists, and accuse them specifically of being racist, and they say "how dare you call everyone racist!!???".
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    Let's not conflate respect with deference and gushing compliments.
    Salute is just traditional gesture of respect though.

As for "deference and compliments", NK became legit threat and that is easiest way to defuse them for a while - and the only way Trump personally could have pulled it off.

Some other president could have handled it differently.

But Trump is the president now, and some challenges shouldn't be kicked down the road in hope that eventually better president will come up with solution.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    Do you... not know you can put chips in things that aren't human?...
    Yes, something something Jewish star. The fucking irony.
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981
    I don't believe in observational proof because I have arrived at the conclusion that such a thing doesn't exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Isn't it funny when people point directly at racists, and accuse them specifically of being racist, and they say "how dare you call everyone racist!!???".
    Party of Personal Responsibility.

Salute is just traditional gesture of respect though.

As for "deference and compliments", NK became legit threat and that is easiest way to defuse them for a while - and the only way Trump personally could have pulled it off.

Some other president could have handled it differently.

But Trump is the president now, and some challenges shouldn't be kicked down the road in hope that eventually better president will come up with solution.
    So your argument is basically that since Trump is a narcissistic man-child we should be okay with him giving deference and compliments to a murderous dictator because that's the best his stunted emotional and mental development can handle?

You know full well how poorly this behavior would have been received if Obama did it. Trump is President. He should be held to the same standard as any other president.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    So your argument is basically that since Trump is a narcissistic man-child we should be okay with him giving deference and compliments to a murderous dictator because that's the best his stunted emotional and mental development can handle?
    When other option is letting murderous dictator develop intercontinental missiles and nuclear weapons with impunity until you get president that can solve it without that? (given that sanctions didn't exactly deter NK from success in that regard, nor stopped Kim from assassinating relatives)

Why not?

It's one dictator on one hand and safety of US on another... NK could just as easily give technology to others if tensions would ramp up.

You know full well how poorly this behavior would have been received if Obama did it. Trump is President. He should be held to the same standard as any other president.
    I would guess about exactly as badly as Trump's behaviour was.

And, just like Trump, Obama would still be doing right thing, given a situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even if "the wall is coming" it wouldn't be finished even if the orange fatfuck got a 2nd term. Then the admin will axe it because it's a dumb idea.

When other option is letting murderous dictator develop intercontinental missiles and nuclear weapons with impunity until you get president that can solve it without that? (given that sanctions didn't exactly deter NK from success in that regard, nor stopped Kim from assassinating relatives)
    I didn't know this was a binary situation.

It's possible to be glad that we're talking with NK instead of bombing them while at the same time acknowledging how shit Trump's complimentary behavior was.

I'd argue it's downright healthy and good for our country to both be glad its talks vs bombs AND criticize Trump's behavior. The more we take the tactic you propose, and just be okay with it because that's how Trump is, the more we normalize his bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Sure, since last year.
    a great length of time:
    I haven't seen you for an age. He's been gone for ages.

One year is not a great length of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    a great length of time:
    I haven't seen you for an age. He's been gone for ages.

One year is not a great length of time.
    Thats wild

I had no idea

There will be a wall!

As soon as Mexico sends us the check to build it....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilhen7 View Post
    There will be a wall!

As soon as Mexico sends us the check to build it....
    Naw, not even then. Once funded, it'll be decades of legal battles over the seizing of private property to build the wall on.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-