Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Yes. Yes, they are.
    Playing on Private Servers is not illegal, gl getting that hold up in court. As I have said, hosting one and profiting is another ball game. Find me a source where Blizzard wins a suit vs a PLAYER.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nostromo93 View Post
    it's illegal, because they use the Blizzard client-server protocol, which is not an open protocol.
    Reverse engineering of code and protocols are illegal according to the DMCA.
    Lets go round in bushes. Playing on private servers is not illegal.
    -K

10+ Year Old Account
    How about the magic phrase? MMO-champion doesn't wish to have the discussion of private servers as they are against the rules of Blizzard, thus they have adopted it to be against their own.

/thread
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Wow buddy. just wow.

Are you saying that if I play or host a private server, my country can send me to jail?

Facebook has some ToS stating I can't post nude images. Will I go to prison if I post it? Is a private business terms of service at the same level as the law in my country?
    Hi

What a ToS is and isn't is right in the name - Terms of Service. They're the rules for using the service, and have nothing to do with legalities. If WoW's ToS mentions not playing on private servers, that only has any bearing in regards to your b.net account. Don't conflate them with laws.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister K View Post
    Also private servers are not illegal.
    If you are in any country besides China ( and maybe a couple others) yes they 100% are illegal. Your using a IP that does not belong to you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Are you saying that if I play or host a private server, my country can send me to jail?
    Depends, Did u download (Pirate) the game to do it? If so then yes.

But a company can have a private server shutdown because they are illegal and break Copywright law.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes;49625524[B
    ]the tos of blizzard are breaking german law[/B], and therefore are non-exisant. remember honorbuddy? it was a german company, and what they did was perfectly legal. the company was sued in the usa and convicted to 8.5 million damages payment, but ignored the verdict because usa law doesnt apply to a german company. the only reason why the company stopped to sell their stuff is because of the back than newly implemented spy tools in battle.net launcher that leave them no chance to use their programm.
    Brought to you by the same country that wants to make memes illegal... so.. pretty sure we can toss out any sort of intelligence in German internet laws

[QUOTE=Mister K;49629136]Playing on Private Servers is not illegal, gl getting that hold up in court. As I have said, hosting one and profiting is another ball game. Find me a source where Blizzard wins a suit vs a PLAYER.[/COLOR]
    Your post that I replied to, originally:
    Also private servers are not illegal.
    At no point you mentioned playing on private servers is not illegal. You just said private servers are not illegal. To which I repeat:

Yes. Yes, they are.

10+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=Ielenia;49630241]
    Playing on Private Servers is not illegal, gl getting that hold up in court. As I have said, hosting one and profiting is another ball game. Find me a source where Blizzard wins a suit vs a PLAYER.[/COLOR]
    Your post that I replied to, originally:

At no point you mentioned playing on private servers is not illegal. You just said private servers are not illegal. To which I repeat:

Yes. Yes, they are.
    Kind of did state it few posts above.

Running/Playing one.
    Elaboration: Running is not the same as playing one.
    -K

Kind of did state it few posts above.
    After the fact.

Mods are still sleeping?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    Illegality DEPENDS ON ZHE COUNTRIES LAWS. mfg from germany. where it is legal.
    It is illegal in the sense that Blizzard CAN sue the owners of the site and force them to shut it down and/or pay damages to Blizzard.

No, it's not illegal in the sense that anyone will go to jail for it.

And if you're a player, there are absolutely no consequences for you at all. Well other than losing all your shit when the owners shut down the server.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultraxion View Post
    It is illegal in the sense that Blizzard CAN sue the owners of the site and force them to shut it down and/or pay damages to Blizzard.

No, it's not illegal in the sense that anyone will go to jail for it.

And if you're a player, there are absolutely no consequences for you at all. Well other than losing all your shit when the owners shut down the server.
    yeah blizz can sue. but usa law doenst apply anywhere outside of the us of a. so the verdict has no effect on anything.

Just to get this thread back on track....
    It seems like most of you don't know what solo queue is.

I recommend you watch savix' video, where he explains up and down sides etc: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkfmxOwB66E

It's basically a 3v3 system where you queue as a single person, and is placed in a 3v3 arena match with 2 random teammates.

People are always afraid of something they don't understand. This is why a lot of ppl don't want solo que.

From perspective of AT players i can only say it saved server for some time but there was 1.1k online in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Druitz View Post
    You can't be more wrong about solo q.

AT proved that solo q is working great. Nearly instant ques without having to find team mates and also solo q increased server pop
    And then premade 3s died a slow and painful death, save for the few players that were getting free IRL $ loot from tournaments because the ladder was that noncompetitive. People weren't compelled to improve in 3s or form decent teams because it was far easier to just jump into solo queue with no downsides whatsoever, after a while they'd get bored and quit because they felt like they had nothing to play for especially since P Servers don't offer much once you tire yourself of the PvP. End result was it merging into another server and pretty much becoming little more than a glorified raiding and 2v2 server - a lot of the best players from it like Drainer are now on retail which should speak volumes to how bad it became. Heard their TBC server is doing well though, but it shouldn't come as a surprise that it doesn't have solo Q.
    Last edited by Conditions; 2018-07-01 at 08:24 PM.
    RIP ArenaJunkies

Deleted
    Used to play Private servers not many good ones up and running anymore the ones that are left seem boring