Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    Will be nice when I can get through heroics. At the point where ima about ready to give RL on team 2 to someone else so I can put hc on the weekends.

You using drums or pots/flasks?
    Yup, I'm using pretty much everything available through pots, flasks, scrolls AP, foods, drums, engineering belt absorb.
    Azerite gear optimization is probably playing for the biggest part though (I mean most bosses are doable even without some comps - so you might save your golds).

Edit:
    Heroic Antorus Soloing:
    - Heroic Gorothi / ilvl 373 (quite some survival involved - that's surprising).
    - Heroic Hasabel / ilvl 375 (pretty tight execution here).
    - Heroic Eonar / ilvl 376 (strategy and timing - I won't spoil - just think outside the box).
    - Heroic Felhounds of Sargeras (very difficult one!) / ilvl 358 (insane survival, execution, and anticipation through CD management).
    - Heroic Antoran High Command / ilvl 376 (pretty much a joke compared to the others / DPS is a bit tight).

Heroic Imonar looks impossible as you end up getting perma-sleep due to the sleeping canister debuff.
    Last edited by mmocfe2a18639c; 2018-10-30 at 09:13 PM.

What azerite traits do you find to be most helpful?
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

5+ Year Old Account
    So Heroic Ursoc has now screamed "Should have listened!" around 100 times and I can't bring him below 250k.

Sitting at HoA 26, 355 ilvl and using flasks, pots and drums. Still can't do it.

Any tips besides getting better gear?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    What azerite traits do you find to be most helpful?
    Soulmonger is probably BiS as it is on the 3rd row and doesn't overshadow any over traits, bringing a substantial amount of HPS.
    That aside, on the survival aspect, I'd probably say Gaping Maw (might be even better than Soulmonger in most cases but does overshadow the DPS traits from the same row).

Regarding the DPS traits, I'd say Rezan fury for pure DPS, or Laser Matrix / Filthy Transfusion if you want a good DPS bringing a bit of self-healing (1st row).
    Regarding the 2nd row, Gutripper and Heed My Call are invincible.

For any details, just check on the Bloodmallet website that ranks the trinkets according to their DPS output (works for both Vengeance and Havoc).

Quote Originally Posted by Krelian80 View Post
    So Heroic Ursoc has now screamed "Should have listened!" around 100 times and I can't bring him below 250k.

Sitting at HoA 26, 355 ilvl and using flasks, pots and drums. Still can't do it.

Any tips besides getting better gear?
    Don't forget the inscription AP scrolls if not done. The +7% AP buff is even bigger than the flasks, foods, and any other things you can get/use.

Extra tips: Cooking fire +2 Versa x)

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wannoob View Post
    Soulmonger is probably BiS as it is on the 3rd row and doesn't overshadow any over traits, bringing a substantial amount of HPS.
    That aside, on the survival aspect, I'd probably say Gaping Maw (might be even better than Soulmonger in most cases but does overshadow the DPS traits from the same row).

Regarding the DPS traits, I'd say Rezan fury for pure DPS, or Laser Matrix / Filthy Transfusion if you want a good DPS bringing a bit of self-healing (1st row).
    Regarding the 2nd row, Gutripper and Heed My Call are invincible.

For any details, just check on the Bloodmallet website that ranks the trinkets according to their DPS output (works for both Vengeance and Havoc).

Don't forget the inscription AP scrolls if not done. The +7% AP buff is even bigger than the flasks, foods, and any other things you can get/use.

Extra tips: Cooking fire +2 Versa x)
    Thanks for the tips man.

I'll give it a shot after work tonight. I think my biggest issue is I'm still stuck with 345 weapons due to insanely bad luck on weapon drops in Uldir. And my Azerite traits are not 100% optimal so once they are, it might help.

any tricks to speeding up the first phase on Odyn?

5+ Year Old Account
    Now at ilvl 361, HoA 29, still stuck with 345 weapons despite 2 heroic Uldir clears.

Annnnd still stuck on heroic Ursoc who just won't die. I'm getting frustrated.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wannoob View Post
    Heroic KJ soloed. Finally 9/9 Heroic ToS, yay!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwrS...ature=youtu.be
    Pretty straightforward encounter, although quite tricky on a lot of aspects.
    ilvl 370 and azerite neck lvl 28.

Many things to come next

Edit:
    Mythic Odyn down -- ilvl 373.
    Mythic Triilliax down -- ilvl 375.
    How you get past HYmdal and Hyrja that gives themselves -99% damage reduction?

I just cant keep them apart.

EDIT: Yes! When hymdal does his shout en hyrja her lightbeam, they stand still and get seperated if you keep running with the other. Sometimes they instantly put the shield back up but also sometimes they don't, which means you can burst them down.
    Last edited by mmocdd88deccb5; 2018-11-30 at 07:03 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nicci View Post
    How you get past HYmdal and Hyrja that gives themselves -99% damage reduction?

I just cant keep them apart.

EDIT: Yes! When hymdal does his shout en hyrja her lightbeam, they stand still and get seperated if you keep running with the other. Sometimes they instantly put the shield back up but also sometimes they don't, which means you can burst them down.
    Yup, you nailed it!
    Pretty random, but managing to split the bosses and then bring them together sometimes removes the shields.

Also, Mythic Alurielle down, making 4/10 Mythic NH soloed (Skorpy, Anomaly, Trilliax, Alurielle).
    Ilvl was 384 (neck lvl 33)... while the DPS requirement was quite tight (around 13k single target).
    And Tichondrius 5.1%... but I don't know if I want to keep attempting this stupid boss or just wait for a bit more gear. All I can say is that nothing really looks doable now regarding Mythic Star Augur, Mythic Krosus and Mythic Tel'arn.

Maybe Mythic Elisande and Mythic Gul'dan?
    Will look into it when I'll have more time :>

Edit:
    Soloed 7/7 EN HC; 3/3 ToV HC; 10/10 NH HC.
    The only bosses where I wiped being H Star Augur (once) and H Tel'arn (9 times bzzzz).
    Last edited by mmocfe2a18639c; 2018-12-04 at 12:16 AM.

did you have a way to get out of fetters on telarn or just had to heal through it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Forikorder View Post
    did you have a way to get out of fetters on telarn or just had to heal through it?
    Which difficulty? Normal/Heroic?
    I used a PvP trinket in order to get rid of the fetters once during the fight (which allowed me to destack through a bit of kiting at the very beginning of the 3rd phase).

@Wannoob how are you finding the selfsustain as Vengeance? I feel like I struggle quite abit against a few mobs... but that could just be my lack of understanding with the new selfhealing for DK/DH

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    @Wannoob how are you finding the selfsustain as Vengeance? I feel like I struggle quite abit against a few mobs... but that could just be my lack of understanding with the new selfhealing for DK/DH

Difficult to answer x)
    I'd say, try to play with Soul Barrier instead of Last Resort if you are alone, and try to maximise as much as possible the shield on Soul Barrier (by that I mean that you must never drop the shield during the 12 seconds active time, so do not hesitate to use CDs if necessary, of prepare some Soul Fragments before in order to boost the shield as much as possible).

That aside, it is mainly about the ilvl, the stats, and the traits.

Going for Haste/Versa or Haste/Crit is the most viable option imo. Offensive stats with high survival value, simply.

For the traits, go for 1 Hour of Reaping (tier 3 trait; it doesn't overlap atm for unknown reason so don't get more than 1 of these). That aside, try to get up to 2 Revel in Pain to complete the others Tier 3 (increase both duration of Fiery Brand + absorb shield).
    And for tier 1, go for Soulmonger! (tier 2 traits don't really matter).

That being done, it all comes down to experience.
    Kiting also plays up for a huge part as a DH.

PS: These options are only optimal for self-healing in a Soloing scenario.
    In case of dungeon group or raid team, you should prefer to maximize your overall damage reduction before going for self-healing.
    Last edited by mmocfe2a18639c; 2019-01-08 at 09:57 PM.

Emerald Nightmare normal was as expected, faceroll. Most of Nighthold as well, until I hit the wall of High botanist. Those stacks hurt like hell as Havoc. I just couldn't find a way to lose em once you get rooted

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Emerald Nightmare normal was as expected, faceroll. Most of Nighthold as well, until I hit the wall of High botanist. Those stacks hurt like hell as Havoc. I just couldn't find a way to lose em once you get rooted
    The trick for botanist is to zerg him right at the start. If you do enough dps (you need about 20-22k burst) you get to trigger the second botanist clone without getting the root.

So pop drums/agility pot with all the other buffs and you should be cool, i managed to do that at around 380~ ilvl somewhere. Now that i`m 412, i can slap my face on the keyboard and still win vs botanist.

Time to respond back since over a year of my last post..

Everything normal is pretty damn faceroll, rather nervous about trying mythic. Mostly because of High Botanist being annoying with stuns/extra damage taken etc.

Anyone got tips for him?

And how far did people get in Antorus Normal/Heroic?

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Time to respond back since over a year of my last post..

Everything normal is pretty damn faceroll, rather nervous about trying mythic. Mostly because of High Botanist being annoying with stuns/extra damage taken etc.

Anyone got tips for him?

And how far did people get in Antorus Normal/Heroic?
    My DH in pure M+ gear has had no problems in 9/10M Nighthold, even as low as 450 ilvl. Just do arcane > nature > solar botanist.

Currently 468 and still unable to solo M guldan when p3 starts. Even juking the first parasite cast with meta and blowing all CD’s I can only get the demon within down to about 40% before I get one shot by 3837573827485 parasites stacking up.

Considering we’re getting a level squish in Shadowlands, mythic guldan will remain difficult if not impossible for most classes to solo (because it’ll be lvl 53 to our 60) unless that ability is changed.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Considering we’re getting a level squish in Shadowlands, mythic guldan will remain difficult if not impossible for most classes to solo (because it’ll be lvl 53 to our 60) unless that ability is changed.
    I think he will be 45-48 lvl, because nighthold is 45lvl raid in SL

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    Currently 468 and still unable to solo M guldan when p3 starts. Even juking the first parasite cast with meta and blowing all CD’s I can only get the demon within down to about 40% before I get one shot by 3837573827485 parasites stacking up.
    I'm only a couple of ilvls higher (471 equipped) and I can solo him, it is close put I've done the last month or so.

Quote Originally Posted by IlikeDemonHunters View Post
    I'm only a couple of ilvls higher (471 equipped) and I can solo him, it is close put I've done the last month or so.
    You might only have 4 ilvls but I bet you have raid trinkets and double Ra'den glaives, yeah? Got an armory link so I can see just how big the differences are in the things that matter?

Either way, got a recording? I'd love to be able to see what you're doing to actually get the Demon Within down.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation