Disc: do you still use damage spells in competitive PVP?

I'm thinking of switching my main to disc priest. I like the idea of doing damage while healing. But for competitive PVP, most ppl start to train healers. Do you guys still use damage abilities in this time? Or revert to spamming heals, etc? Can damage spells keep you up? Max 1-2 attackers? or 3?

It is probably different in Arena vs BG, since Arena you won't have a big train of attackers. I am mostly concerned with BGs and RBGs though. Thanks.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ddcash80 View Post
    I'm thinking of switching my main to disc priest. I like the idea of doing damage while healing. But for competitive PVP, most ppl start to train healers. Do you guys still use damage abilities in this time? Or revert to spamming heals, etc? Can damage spells keep you up? Max 1-2 attackers? or 3?

It is probably different in Arena vs BG, since Arena you won't have a big train of attackers. I am mostly concerned with BGs and RBGs though. Thanks.
    Yes, you'll use damaging spells quite a bit in RBG; your optimal set up will be Ultimate Radiance and Archangel to get Atonements out fast and keep them on (and Premonition if you need to keep them on for long team fights), and then at the very least Penance on CD. Smite will do a lot of lifting as well, but you'll need Shadowmend for yourself frequently still. For non team fights, you're back to Shadowmend and defensive Penance typically for healing, but it's important to play offensively and help keep up pressure with Disc. My 2 cents.