Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Under a bridge, some ware in the Badlands.

BFA Honor scaling

So one of my guildies told me that the Account wide honor was on the PTR and Beta so I decided to do a bit of testing.
    The Prestige levels are not 1-1, I don't know if this has been mentioned yet but I was kinda surprised by this. I was expecting it to be a pseudo squish.

Its a bit rough on the PTR ATM, like it does not give you specific honor numbers, it just tells you your current Prestige level, the next milestone (Every 10 levels) and a vague circular bar indicating how close you are to your next level.

On live, Hunter Main is Prestige level 13 with honor level 34 509/950, but on the PTR I'm Prestige 68 with the circular bar at about 1/2 full.

Time for Math!
    The first Prestige level take about 22,000 honor to get and every prestige level after takes a total of 44,000 honor.
    This means my Hunter has a rough total of about 578,809 honor, give or take a few hundred.
    After dividing my total honor by my PTR Prestige, I end up with about 8,513 honor per Prestige level.

copying over my second highest prestige character, my Mage, pushed me to Prestige 77.
    On live my Mage is Prestige 2 Honor level 16 62/850
    Redoing the math to double check gave me 8,701

That's pretty close to my original calculation, I can't take the circular bar into account in these equations as they do not give a number value but I doubt I'm to far off from the actual number. I would put the real honor per prestige number at 8,000.

Primary source for numbers: http://www.wowhead.com/getting-into-...r-and-prestige
    Last edited by pokcmvmxckm; 2018-06-20 at 06:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by pokcmvmxckm View Post
    Sylvanas has returned from the Maw her work complete. She has decided to live as a stay at home Mom with Nathanos at Windrunner Tower in the Ghostlands. Note; she is not a Mother, and Nathanos is a rock with a smiley face drawn in sharpie. Many people are concerned about her current mental health.

Deleted
    Ok, so which implications does this have for us?

Will we be pushed to a higher reward level once the system gets switched?
    Will the Legion rewards be easier to achieve once the new system comes out?

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly have no idea, I just like doing math and felt some one might be able to use this data for something. Make of it as you will.
    Sylvanas has returned from the Maw her work complete. She has decided to live as a stay at home Mom with Nathanos at Windrunner Tower in the Ghostlands. Note; she is not a Mother, and Nathanos is a rock with a smiley face drawn in sharpie. Many people are concerned about her current mental health.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    This seems relevant to this discussion: https://www.wowinterface.com/downloa...alculator.html
    I just downloaded the addon you linked, first off, I was spot on with my math and second, the addon is out of date for the current build of the PTR, is there some way to get in touch with the Dev to update it?

It was supposed to be 5500 honor per level. 8000 seems way too much

EDIT
    How exactly did you test this? All my characters copy over with Honor Level 1 to both the PTR and Beta
    Last edited by ReVnX; 2018-06-20 at 06:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just copied my toons over, and looked at what my Prestige was on PTR, I started with my Hunter and then my mage as I said. The PTR was also updated today, so if you copied them a few weeks ago I would recommend trying again. Note, I did not use the Beta client, I used the PTR.

EDIT
    Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    It was supposed to be 5500 honor per level. 8000 seems way too much

EDIT
    How exactly did you test this? All my characters copy over with Honor Level 1 to both the PTR and Beta
    Alright, I think I can prove my work so to speak using the Addon Omedon linked. With it I got the total honor for my Account.

To prove it I will even link screenshots!
    Live:
    PTR:

The PTR image is from after I copied all my 110 characters with Honor over to PTR.
    Dividing my Live total honor by my PTR Prestige gives 8,616 honor per Prestige!
    Doing the same with the Addons estimated BFA prestige gives 5,488 per Prestige.
    Last edited by pokcmvmxckm; 2018-06-20 at 06:43 AM. Reason: Proof!

I just downloaded the addon you linked, first off, I was spot on with my math and second, the addon is out of date for the current build of the PTR, is there some way to get in touch with the Dev to update it?
    I don’t think it’s meant to be used with the PTR client.

Or do you mean the honor levels have changed in cost?

Either way, you know all I do in regards to contacting the author of the addon.

Nevermind I finally got it transfered.

You are right, each level is something like 8k. Which means no way in hell am I getting level 250 before BfA haha

So how much prestige on live you need to have to unlock all artifact recolors account wide for BFA? That's the only goal I have and I'm wondering how much should I go farm them pvp towers on all alts (it's boring but if it gets me the mogs...)

10+ Year Old Account
    When I say the addon is out of date, I mean the numbers its using, not the addon itself.

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    Nevermind I finally got it transfered.

You are right, each level is something like 8k. Which means no way in hell am I getting level 250 before BfA haha
    Yeah, that pretty much killed my last reason to actually play the game until agust as well.. because even if I farm it on multiple chars there is no way I get anywhere close to what you would need.. in fact if I couldn't keep the current rewards that are already earned I would end up lower, way lower in total.

I guess they really just want to recycle the boring ass legion grind as much as possible without putting any effort into it..With that conversion ratio they ensure they don't have to do any new rewards. Not like many people had the current high end rewards anyway..
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2018-06-20 at 06:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uggh 8k? Dammit...
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

I just did the same and got all my characters on the PTR. I'm at honor level 238 and its 8800 honor to get to 239. So it seems that it doesnt scale up, or at least it scales slowly maybe.

FYI in the pvp queue menu you can right click on the emblem where it displays your honor level and choose display as experience bar, that will show you the exact number to the next level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh damn! That would have saved me some time lol. I was close at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Yeah, that pretty much killed my last reason to actually play the game until agust as well.. because even if I farm it on multiple chars there is no way I get anywhere close to what you would need.. in fact if I couldn't keep the current rewards that are already earned I would end up lower, way lower in total.

I guess they really just want to recycle the boring ass legion grind as much as possible without putting any effort into it..With that conversion ratio they ensure they don't have to do any new rewards. Not like many people had the current high end rewards anyway..
    In fairness, and I say this as someone whose 1,300,000+ account wide honor was earned almost completely by killing WQ NPCs or instant completing black rook hold from my class hall, raw honor is the definition of a participation trophy in WoW PVP. I’m really happy that I’m more than qualified for the artifact appearances just by having alts and taking one character to prestige 9 and another to 6, and am not really surprised that I won’t be handed the prestige 25 Mount just by showing up to BFA haha!

Deleted
    will be 25:50 before prepatch. so idc

So one of my guildies told me that the Account wide honor was on the PTR and Beta so I decided to do a bit of testing.
    The Prestige levels are not 1-1, I don't know if this has been mentioned yet but I was kinda surprised by this. I was expecting it to be a pseudo squish.

Its a bit rough on the PTR ATM, like it does not give you specific honor numbers, it just tells you your current Prestige level, the next milestone (Every 10 levels) and a vague circular bar indicating how close you are to your next level.

On live, Hunter Main is Prestige level 13 with honor level 34 509/950, but on the PTR I'm Prestige 68 with the circular bar at about 1/2 full.

Time for Math!
    The first Prestige level take about 22,000 honor to get and every prestige level after takes a total of 44,000 honor.
    This means my Hunter has a rough total of about 578,809 honor, give or take a few hundred.
    After dividing my total honor by my PTR Prestige, I end up with about 8,513 honor per Prestige level.

copying over my second highest prestige character, my Mage, pushed me to Prestige 77.
    On live my Mage is Prestige 2 Honor level 16 62/850
    Redoing the math to double check gave me 8,701

That's pretty close to my original calculation, I can't take the circular bar into account in these equations as they do not give a number value but I doubt I'm to far off from the actual number. I would put the real honor per prestige number at 8,000.

Primary source for numbers: http://www.wowhead.com/getting-into-...r-and-prestige
    Blizzard actually stated,

it will not be a 1:1 for prestige to honor lvl,

they said it would take all Honor gained on your account to calculate your new lvl, not Honor levels, ACTUAL Honor.

but they also stated there would be a squish to honor you gained, as the new honor lvls currently require less per lvl.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

just went into the lua of that zigi addon and changed it from 5500 to 8000. thanks for doing the math on this. Addon seems legit now.

Anyone knows at what levels the pvp artifact appearances unlock with the new system? I have all 4 tints on a single character so I was somewhat expecting to unlock all the tints for the rest of my characters, but if they're also increasing the honor required then who knows.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*