Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    rofl, ppl say wow is dying yet it still has a population 100x bigger than any other.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Satelliteyears0o View Post
    rofl, ppl say wow is dying yet it still has a population 100x bigger than any other.
    Check the subforum this is in before you make yourself look like a fool.

If you are incapable of that, had you read even the first line, you would see RIFT mentioned, and the Trion soon after.

Don't be so trigger-happy with that reply button.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Decided to have a snoop around the forums and well you can tell people are unhappy...

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...your-rift.html

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...rift-live.html

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-prim...g-talk-us.html (from prime)

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-prim...ift-prime.html (from prime)

Basically most of these threads are the larger ones over there atm and it just shows the disdain within the Rift community at the moment. Hell a lot of Prime guilds have mostly disbanded.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Decided to have a snoop around the forums and well you can tell people are unhappy...

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...your-rift.html

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...rift-live.html

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-prim...g-talk-us.html (from prime)

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-prim...ift-prime.html (from prime)

Basically most of these threads are the larger ones over there atm and it just shows the disdain within the Rift community at the moment. Hell a lot of Prime guilds have mostly disbanded.
    What they really need to do (this has been brought up already but it is so true) is scrap a lot of their other projects like D2050 and Atlas and focus on RIFT and Trove, I think interest in RIFT is still there if the company got its act together and produced some quality content.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    What they really need to do (this has been brought up already but it is so true) is scrap a lot of their other projects like D5050 and Atlas and focus on RIFT and Trove, I think interest in RIFT is still there if the company got it's act together and produced some quality content.
    Meh I think they are past that. I genuinely wonder if Rift will still be here 5 years later.

Even Trove which while a fun little game has similar cash shop problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine if a company like Blizzard or Square Enix bought Rift and hired in some of the story-devs. I'd pay for that. Hell, I'd buy the game again, even.
    "A flower.

15+ Year Old Account
    So the lead raid designer for ..3 xpacs ago is gone?

Oh no, what shall we do?

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    So the lead raid designer for ..3 xpacs ago is gone?

Oh no, what shall we do?
    Was the big guy working on the 4.x raids too.

Point is Trion have either moved around or a lot of people have left recently. Which says to me they weren't happy within the company and felt their career there wasn't taking them any further.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Was the big guy working on the 4.x raids too.

Point is Trion have either moved around or a lot of people have left recently. Which says to me they weren't happy within the company and felt their career there wasn't taking them any further.
    ....no, that's not what it means.

People eventually move on to new things. It's your fault that you use hyperbole and completely made up "hunches" to say "well they must be unhappy and want to leave", letting your pessimism shape your thoughts.

There are many, many reasons people quit jobs and go other places. Being unhappy with the company is just one of many many variables.

People eventually move on to new things. It's your fault that you use hyperbole and completely made up "hunches" to say "well they must be unhappy and want to leave", letting your pessimism shape your thoughts.

There are many, many reasons people quit jobs and go other places. Being unhappy with the company is just one of many many variables.
    Well yeah. It's just my opinion lol. Never once tried to make it up as a hunch or state it as a fact. Just said "which says to me" which basically says I'm presenting it as an opinion. I don't understand how having an opinion is my fault though since everyone is entitled to one.

Of course there are loads of variables. And in my opinion with so many devs leaving I believe that they felt they weren't going much further within Trion.

Rift right now is not in a perfect place. And with devs leaving left right and centre I'm of the opinion that they were unhappy there due to not much changing within the company.

Trion in general is in a meh place because of them trying to manage so many games at once.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-06-25 at 04:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

I hope you don't think Rift is in a good place atm...

If you genuinely think Rift is in a perfectly fine place, then you're delusional.
    "A flower.

15+ Year Old Account
    I’m not sure what the fuck Rift has anything to do with anything I said, at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I’m not sure what the fuck Rift has anything to do with anything I said, at all.
    Rift sub-forum.

So when you said the thing about "lead raid designer from 3 expacs ago" you showed your inability to check where this thread is located or read the first damned post at all. Literally has Rift and Trion all over it.
    Last edited by DeltrusDisc; 2018-06-26 at 01:22 PM.
    "A flower.

Your in a Rift Sub Forum.
    A Developer on Rift Left.
    Trion owns Rift.

It has a lot to do with what you said.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Your in a Rift Sub Forum.
    A Developer on Rift Left.
    Trion owns Rift.

It has a lot to do with what you said.
    lol he like @Satelliteyears0o couldn't take the minimal effort to read the first post and then go "hmm, why would someone be talking about a WoW dev but be linking Rift/Trion stuff. Hey, oh wait...
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    lol he like @Satelliteyears0o couldn't take the minimal effort to read the first post and then go "hmm, why would someone be talking about a WoW dev but be linking Rift/Trion stuff. Hey, oh wait...
    Honestly the impression I got from the first guy you mentioned was that he'd read the thread, considering he's talking about population numbers, which were mentioned. Second guy though has foot-in-mouth.
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saraxp View Post
    Honestly the impression I got from the first guy you mentioned was that he'd read the thread, considering he's talking about population numbers, which were mentioned. Second guy though has foot-in-mouth.
    hmm, maybe I could see it, could go either way.
    "A flower.

I replied to someone specifically u dummy, it wasnt in relation to the OP. Get over yourself u baddie.

https://massivelyop.com/2018/07/20/t...iate-producer/

Not sure if it's ok to bump with this @Edge but if not I'll delete it. Not Rift related per se but more Trion related.

Seems Trion in general have had at least 15 layoffs as of late with one of them being the Archeage Associate Producer.

15... on top of the devs who already left or were moved around. That really doesn't look good for them.

Judging by the CEO post at the bottom and how "well" Defiance 2050 is doing at the moment all I can speculate here is that the money from buying Gazillion assets and what went into Defiance 2050 is a factor of this. Key word is speculate.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-07-23 at 08:33 AM.

Still have fond memories of vanilla Rift and its first expansion launch. It was the only MMO that replaced WoW for me back then. It did so many things right for endgame. Sucks it completely went downwards after F2P, they need to put it out of misery and possibly get a sequel funded through kickstarter or something. I would support it for sure.

I wish WoW copied some of Rift's ideas like the paragon leveling and perks, additional procs on gear/weapons and the professions were actually worth a damn.