The stacks! The stacks! THE FUCKING STACKS!

What is it with people's obsession at someone who's playing Azmodan and picks the first talent that gets increased dmg on every minion kill and they don't have a certain amount of stacks by a certain time?

If it's a bad Azmodan I understand, but when it's top siege dmg....top hero hero dmg, or up there with the assassins...clearing lanes by himself, clearing keep by himself...who the fuck CARES?

Azmodan has BAD talent choices since his rework like a year ago. The laser one is only good if you're building for hero fights, the hero ball one is only good if you intend on wasting most of your balls on hero fights, and the last one well...it's the most sensible one if you want to lane push and clear shit fast. But if circumstances don't allow you to always wade out minion's health one by one then ball them to increase the stacks well fuck it, you just can't and that's it.

But you always have some faggot dying or team wiping and going "oh ffs of course we're losing azmodan only has 150 stacks by 15 minutes"

*looks at stats, azmodan has top siege dmg, top hero dmg, top xp contrib, cleared out a whole lane etc*

Is this like one of those fucking elitist things people do? They read some website that tells them how to play and then if everyone else doesn't play that way because it's not even possible they start bitching? Reminds me of burning crusade and that cancer of a website elitist jerks, you couldn't equip one piece of gear different from the norm without someone bitching about it.

Deleted
    Unless it's a 34 minute game on Volskaya or somebody is helping you stack, TfB is indeed an atrocious choice. Just for the record the winrates for the tier 1 talents are roughly 51% Wrath, 49% Laser and 44% TfB. As somebody who used to play Azmodan quite a bit in the past, his hero damage numbers are misleading. While the poke damage by dunks stacks up quite nicely, it's often negligible and against some healers (Lucio, BW, Malf) it is completely meaningless. On the other hand against Uther and especially Auriel it can be crippling.

That said, I rarely check and never comment on other players talent choices during games; it leads to nothing productive. Just don't mistake stats alone as indicators for quality of play.

There's no point commenting on it, but unless you have a team designed around it going in expecting to help stack TfB it's an awful talent.

It's no surprise that people get annoyed by it, it's an underperforming talent in best case and it's direct opposition does functionally the same thing most of the time, only easier and generally better. Stacking on heroes doesn't mean you don't hit minions; heroes almost always stand in minion waves. Once you're stacked, you can more easily reach side lanes thanks to a massive range increase.

I just want to reinforce the 2 main points already covered: Wrath is superior in nearly every situation when solo q, and stat boards can be grossly misleading when used to calculate game impact.

That said,"oh ffs of course we're losing azmodan only has 150 stacks by 15 minutes" is nonsense.

Deleted
    You should try your best when you play team- player vs player games. The easiest thing you can do to win matches is get better outside of the game by learning basics in the www. There is nothing more inexcusable than players who just yolo every game. They make everyone's experience worse - it's like raiding in WoW without getting potions, flasks food and without ever reading a class guide. It's disrespectful.

And it only gets worse, when it is very obvious by taking shit talents without saying anything and then only refer to numbers. I could now write a huge wall of text about Azmodan, his role and how you play him in certain situations, when you draft him and when you don't, when you pick what talent and why. But this is all stuff written on Icy-Veins or similar guide sites. There a many youtube videos on map mechanics and roles. So much material to get you into the right mindset to even "learn" the game. And before you have that you will continue to refer to stats and it will be useless to discuss it all with you.

I think orb is Azmo's only build in the current meta. Laser beam doesn't do nearly enough damage in most teamfights as it's avoidable and CCable. An orb at 20 with pool can do over 1500 damage - THAT's teamfight potential. And it's on what, a 8 sec CD? So if your enemy is dumb enough for a pokey engage, you can 2 shot assassins. Laser can't do anything like that.

TfB is the superior choice if you have skill and a buddy to help you until 10. Once you are 10, you can solo it easily. Wrath is less risk for less reward, TfB is more risk for more reward.

They should probably buff the stacks to be honest. Takes way too long to get them up anywhere useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I think the stack dmg only talent is crap anyway.

Most of the time I take the laser, because it's range increase lets me take a tower before the first mid-clash ends without losing health.

Sometimes if I play full summoner I'll take the range-increase talent, so I can deploy my demons everywhere, from the mid. The dmg increase from this quest is still high enough to kill the waves.