10+ Year Old Account

Question Another ICC question - Portal Jockey Achievement

Hello again all, I am still working on Glory of the Icecrown Raider (25man), and have another section that I need some advice on....
    I have already posted about the achievement Been Waiting a Long Time for This, and got some very helpful feedback, but I also would appreciate some ideas on how to best heal Valithria Dreamwalker quickly, without being a healer class.
    I have tried using the Pump-Action Bandage Gun, but she keeps ticking damage so it does not heal quick enough to finish before she starts spawning portals, and I am wondering if there is any other item that a non-healer class can use to heal her faster??
    Again, Thanks in advance!!

15+ Year Old Account
    High level bandage can oneshot heal her (first aid)
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

Considering achievements are account bound it would be much easier to level a healer and oneshot encounter.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

10+ Year Old Account

Horde

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Considering achievements are account bound it would be much easier to level a healer and oneshot encounter.
    Yes, I recognize this, but my main, a Lock, is the only toon I have that can easily survive the raid on 25 man honestly, as he is also my only 110 character with decent gear....
    I may have to just find a raid group for this if there is no way to do the heals needed with a non-healer class, but I was trying to solo it truthfully!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by salate View Post
    High level bandage can oneshot heal her (first aid)
    Not on 25 man, because you cannot use a bandage to completion because of continuous damage ticks, so the bandage gun is the only way to get the full healing from a bandage if I am not wrong....
    Whenever I try to use a bandage on her, it starts and immediately stops without really doing any healing at all, and then you have to wait for the stupid CD to try again!!
    Last edited by zlloyd1; 2018-06-23 at 01:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zlloyd1 View Post
    Yes, I recognize this, but my main, a Lock, is the only toon I have that can easily survive the raid on 25 man honestly, as he is also my only 110 character with decent gear....
    I may have to just find a raid group for this if there is no way to do the heals needed with a non-healer class, but I was trying to solo it truthfully!!

- - - Updated - - -

Not on 25 man, because you cannot use a bandage to completion because of continuous damage ticks, so the bandage gun is the only way to get the full healing from a bandage if I am not wrong....
    Whenever I try to use a bandage on her, it starts and immediately stops without really doing any healing at all.
    You don't need decent gear to survive ICC, being 110 in quest greens is sufficient.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid-Michigan (Originally Victoria, Australia)

- - - Updated - - -

Whenever I try to use a bandage on her, it starts and immediately stops without really doing any healing at all.
    Use an engineer bandage gun, which adds a hot to her and not a channel.

She only has ticking damage on heroic, do it on normal and you'll still get the achievement.

10+ Year Old Account

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Ryken View Post
    Use an engineer bandage gun, which adds a hot to her and not a channel.
    My apologies, but did you not read my posting??
    I said I tried using the bandage gun, but that it still would not heal her fast enough!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    She only has ticking damage on heroic, do it on normal and you'll still get the achievement.

Thanks, that is the answer i was hoping for!!
    Last edited by zlloyd1; 2018-06-23 at 01:34 AM.

honestly just ask for help in trade and somebody with a heal will probably give you a hand.

10+ Year Old Account

Horde

Quote Originally Posted by fatgunn View Post
    honestly just ask for help in trade and somebody with a heal will probably give you a hand.
    Thanks, but I am going to go ahead and try them both in Normal, when they are reset Tuesday....
    Well maybe the next 2 Tuesdays, because I need to go back in Heroic and kill The Blood Queen as a non-vampire this week!!

That is unless I can switch back and forth between Heroic and Normal in the middle of a raid.
    Last edited by zlloyd1; 2018-06-23 at 01:41 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Whenever I try to use a bandage on her, it starts and immediately stops without really doing any healing at all, and then you have to wait for the stupid CD to try again!!
    She should only be taking continuous damage on heroic. Normal made she should not be losing constant health. So a bandage and a bandage gun should get you the achievement. They do not share cool downs. Start with a bandage healing her then kill archmages and if you need more use the bandage gun. Use max legion bandage.

Any fresh 110 should have enough gear to survive. Portal jockey and the other achievements only require normal mode. Only the wing clears require the heroic mode.

Edit: I see someone else gave the normal mode answer.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    She should only be taking continuous damage on heroic. Normal made she should not be losing constant health. So a bandage and a bandage gun should get you the achievement. They do not share cool downs. Start with a bandage healing her then kill archmages and if you need more use the bandage gun. Use max legion bandage.

Any fresh 110 should have enough gear to survive. Portal jockey and the other achievements only require normal mode. Only the wing clears require the heroic mode.

Edit: I see someone else gave the normal mode answer.
    Thanks, that is yet another EXTREMELY helpful post!!

10+ Year Old Account

Horde

Alright so, I know it has been a while since I was in this thread, but I tried again with both a Pump Action Bandage Gun, and a Silkweave Splint (wehich is the highest bandage that I can find, and it still was not fast enough to stop her from opening portals....
    Now I have to wait ANOTHER WEEK to try again.
    I guess next week I will try to find a healer to come along for this achievement, because Blizzard decided to make her need a TRILLION health to finish healing her, and they have her constantly losing health, even on Normal..
    There does not appear to be any possible way to heal her before the portals start on 25 man, unless you have a healer with you.
    Can anyone suggest a better bandage, for a non-healer to do this quickly??
    Oh yeah, and Thanks in advance!!
    Last edited by zlloyd1; 2018-07-12 at 04:11 PM.

Can anyone suggest a better bandage, for a non-healer to do this quickly??
    What class are you playing? Also u don't need a healer, just someone with a healing spell. As a ret paladin I was able to get her to full HP with one Lay On Hands and a flash heal.

The legacy buff gives you massive healing, so you just need a healing spell you can cast.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I've done this on normal as a BM hunter with a spirit pet and high level bandages, if you get the heal on her almost straight away it's doable, Otherwise, just level up a healer to 100, or wait for BfA and boost a healer to 110.

I remember doing this with 4 spirit beasts as bm hehe. good luck to you

Deleted
    I did it !!!! With 110 undead warr. Normal 25 mode. First when you enter the room, soon as posslibe use pump action bandage gun, then use bandage (i used silkweave splint) after that you need to wait for gun cd. When cd expire quickly use gun again and you should healed her before she open portals.