Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wushootaki View Post
    GTFO --- the separation of Paladins and Shamans is one of the reasons classic is so anticipated...
    ok. I expect they might plan a 'release' version that is highly authentic, and already intend a set of qol and other changes at some point say 6 months or a year out - this might be one of them.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    ok. I expect they might plan a 'release' version that is highly authentic, and already intend a set of qol and other changes at some point say 6 months or a year out - this might be one of them.
    No...it won't. This will be saved for BC servers, if they push that far. If it wasn't in (DRAENEI AND BLOOD ELVES, seriously get this rap idea out of here) its not going to be -content wise- in classic. This isn't a qol change...its a content change. Having paladins on horde or shaman on alliance isn't a qol issue. Not even for balancing, because it was only ever unbalanced in pvp. PvE was Horde top progression despite claims that Alliance had better pve. Both factions easily cleared content with no issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelthon
    do i wanting my cat come the expansion due to signifying a reroll fresh scratch the night elf mage?

10+ Year Old Account
    No...it won't. This will be saved for BC servers, if they push that far. If it wasn't in (DRAENEI AND BLOOD ELVES, seriously get this rap idea out of here) its not going to be -content wise- in classic. This isn't a qol change...its a content change. Having paladins on horde or shaman on alliance isn't a qol issue. Not even for balancing, because it was only ever unbalanced in pvp. PvE was Horde top progression despite claims that Alliance had better pve. Both factions easily cleared content with no issues.
    the blizzard comment on balance wasn't about how easy content was for players. it was about it being much more work to have to tune raids around 2 exclusive class inclusion/exclusions - raid would have shamans OR it would have paladins.

In other words, it was more work for blizzard (the company paying people to tune its raids).
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    the blizzard comment on balance wasn't about how easy content was for players. it was about it being much more work to have to tune raids around 2 exclusive class inclusion/exclusions - raid would have shamans OR it would have paladins.

In other words, it was more work for blizzard (the company paying people to tune its raids).

Tough shit? They designed it like that, and people are asking for that time period. Unless they make BC servers, you aren't getting blood elves and draenei in VANILLA WOW content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelthon
    do i wanting my cat come the expansion due to signifying a reroll fresh scratch the night elf mage?

10+ Year Old Account
    Tough shit? They designed it like that, and people are asking for that time period. Unless they make BC servers, you aren't getting blood elves and draenei in VANILLA WOW content.
    you need to take this up with blizzard, I have inadvertently provoked several low-rage comments by simply saying I think they have to at least have talked about the idea of putting the bc races in-game to fix the faction/class balancing issues for their own convenience, and I noted that there was no lore reason NOT to have the blood elves in classic. Since spacegoats crash-landed no idea when that was supposed to happen in lollore.