Deleted

Best leveling legendary for bfa?

What is the best legendary for leveling in bfa?

I think prot is the way to go right?

Cant decide about that

Quote Originally Posted by Enterich View Post

Cant decide about that

It depends mate. I'll probably use aggramars + sephuz for the speed, but may keep highlords instead of sephuz so I can use inquisition + DP. Levelling as prot is probably best if you are undergeared so you can group or tag large packs easily, but the damage from ret would be a much faster process.

Deleted
    The effect from highlord is awesome and its affecting booth spec.

Only downside is due to the hard secondary stat nerf , statwise legendary rings are... meh.

I heard the Burning Wish trinket is gonna be a good option. Didn't tested it myself, though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The7 View Post
    I heard the Burning Wish trinket is gonna be a good option. Didn't tested it myself, though.
    Got scaled back a while ago. It was nuts.

Sephuz is gonna be baller for the most part. Not just for the haste, but for the movespeed letting you zip between pulls.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Probably Aggramar+Sephuz. I don't think Inq will retain much value during leveling, so Highlord ring might not be as necessary.

There's also the small bonus of the higher secondary stat budget on Aggramar's which carries over, even after legendary effects turn off. You get approx. 30 more secondary stats compared to an equal item.

Fire bomb trinket and Cloak is likely to be the best, I wouldn't think any of them are bad but don't use Chest, Shoulder, Neck or Helmet leggos... you'll replace them with Azerite items rather quickly.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

piggybacking on this - is prot viable for leveling in BfA?
    I'm a main tank and only ever touch ret when new expansion hits. I leveled in prot for Legion and was wondering if I should stay protection during leveling or go ret for that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hlx View Post
    piggybacking on this - is prot viable for leveling in BfA?
    I'm a main tank and only ever touch ret when new expansion hits. I leveled in prot for Legion and was wondering if I should stay protection during leveling or go ret for that?
    During Alpha/Beta Prot Paladins were really efficient while leveling. You can pull a lot more mobs at once and your damage is quite high compared with other tanks while leveling.

I'll level my Protection Paladin (alt) as Protection as well on 2nd week
    | Realm First Monk | Dragonflight Beta Tester ( ty Blizzard! ) |

Deleted
    Ret has absolutely no problems pulling everything on beta as well, and does a lot more single target damage, so it is really not necessary to level as prot. But it is easily possible to do so.

i would say Signet of the highlord and our avengers wrath belt.

both worked out like a treat for me,

once you get to 115 swap to Amanthuls wisdom for the stats, and drop off using the 2nd legendary.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

For prot, ring and pants. For other two, probably ring and trinket.

And you wanna level as prot, of course. Tanks always dominate leveling, especially paladins. You just run around tagging literally everything in range all the time, aoeing it down as you go. Most frustrating part is never being able to pull as many mobs as you really would be able to if there were just more of them around.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

I'm probably gonna go back and boots as Ret. Keeping Inq up as you fight mobs tends to get boring, especially if you dont have enough mobs to go around. The movement speed from the boots is pretty nice.

you really think its gonna make any difference

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Perune View Post
    you really think its gonna make any difference
    Of course it does, some legendary effects are amazing for speeding up the levelling process. Especially ones like Sephuz and Aggramar's which increase your movespeed.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted
    As prot, I'm going for Sephuz for the proc and Aggramar's for the move speed. I think they might also be useful to have for old content (e.g. timewalking or running old instances for transmog) if they will still work there.

Both have been fun while doing some catchup dailies and loremasters to get the pathfinder achievs so alts can fly (I missed the WoD and Legion patches, so have been catching up on four years of "content" in a couple of weeks). Sephuz's proc is a hoot playing with that much haste (the 10% move speed is not flat, as the text suggested, but only seems to happen with the proc, so is not significant imo). The movespeed from the boots (about 30% in my case) is less consciously noticeable than I thought it would be - but maybe it's just a matter of not feeling the usual irritation that I am running, not riding.

I'll be using the aoe trinket and sephuz

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enterich View Post

Cant decide about that
    Sepoozes. run speed and a haste buff on a short cooldown.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Still undecided on Prot vs. Ret. Going with Aggramar and either Sephuz or -- just to try something different -- Rethu's.