Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    i dont know, but assa was pretty easy, but at least somewhat intense at his IL
    sub became faceroll the moment i realized that with enough high graphic setting you can see xylem in arcane phase and last phase was a joke, i did it the second time thanks the snare talent for the dot.
    combat i bishotted it without even knowing what to do but at 965 IL
    (i play only assassination and used the other spec basically only for the challenge)

Assassination is, as most have said, the easiest. The fight really isn't that hard (Sigryn) and Leeching Poison plus either Prydaz or the feint legs make the damage from it non-consequential.

Sublety is also easy (damage/mechanics) until you get to the final phase. Specifically, dealing with the 3 adds as Sub is awkward. That is the only arguably hard part of the encounter.

Outlaw was a strange experience for me. I think this was the DPS challenge that took me the most amount of attempts (15 or so). Some tries, I'd crush it and others I'd get crushed. However, once I realized how much you can abuse Marked for Death, the encounter got a whole lot easier. On top of that, I've heard using Slice and Dice over Roll the Bones is actually really good for this encounter. Of all the other specs that fight Agatha (Ele, Fury, Unholy, Fire, and Feral), Outlaw just felt like it had the worst toolkit for the job by miles.

I did all three at 915 without DPS-legendaries, and I found the Assassination challenge to be the easiest, once I figured out how to deal with each mechanic. Outlaw was the most frustrating, but it's also a challenge where everything went smoothly on the actual kill. The first phase of subtlety was really simple, to the point where it was nothing but a drag to go through. The hard part about the last phase was killing the adds before they walked into the black goo, a feat I hardly ever managed.

The good news is that the all the challenges are way easier if you have good gear.

930 ilvl, netherlight ring and ravenhold ring, 2x2x2 Netherlight Crucible, 300 versa food, agi rune and agi flask, drums, lightblood (outlaw only)

Assassination is the easiest, never played the spec and got it first try after seeing an explanation video of the fight (wowhead);

Outlaw is average, you just need to stun one of the buff imps and burst the other (gouge helps a lot for interrupts) and you need to be aware about positioning and target swap efficiently, also you need to priorize the imp that poisons the ground permanently (killing it don't stain the ground) or just be aware to move far away from the boss when he explodes so you don't get issues dpsing her with crap on the ground that deals damage and slows you; I just tried to dps efficiently single target without blade flurry (was more confortable for me that way, ravenhold ring helped I guess);

Subtely was the hardest, because if you don't use the right button in certain phases you're dead period; Sometimes on mirror image phase, Shadowstep>MfD>Evi didn't kill the image and next global for you to last hit it, he will knockback first and GG; but the worst is the last phase with the 3 voidwalkers, you need to apply Nightblade 70% slow in all of them ASAP and burst them down with Shadow Dance, if you don't do this it's GG, also it's a DPS check in this phase, because you can only reapply nightblade on one or maybe at 2 mobs before they get into the range of the necrotic shadow ground (the third needs to be down so you can use MfD for burst), once they reach it it's GG (you can cloak for a last stand to kill the remaining one). This is the phase where you need to global perfectly, period or you will wipe. You need to kill the voids 3 times without messing out your energy when applying nightblade and bursting them.

TL;DR - Sub is the hardest because it doesn't give you options for mistakes on mirror image phase and 3 voids phase. Outlaw is focus more on adds than the boss, in the end you get flow of the fight and it's manageable. Assa is faceroll.

The thing about outlaw is that it can be trivialized with command center buffs.

I did Outlaw couple months ago, 930 ilvl, no enchants/flasks/pots/drums. It was my first Agatha challange mode, command center was up. I leveled my rogue in Outlaw spec, but I barely played him on max level, mostly dailies, some bgs and LFR, so my class knowledge was rather unimpressive. I just wanted to check out the scenario, but on my first try I got the boss to like 50% and decided I can actually do it, so it took me around 1,5 hour to finish it. I'd rate rate it as medium difficulty overall.

Yesterday I decided to do Assassination and Sub, since they gave me free full artifacts and mage tower is now up all the time. My ilvl was slightly lower than on Outlaw, because I had garbage relics in my artifacts. Most importantly I NEVER played these specs before. I literally respecced, put the spells from my spellbook into my bars and went into the scenarios. I did know the scenarios, because I already done them on Arms, Havoc and Enh, though it was a good 4-5 months ago.

Suffice to say, both of those were laughably easy. Pumped up artifact gives you enough stamina to never be instantly killed by anything really, I was cluelessly hitting my abilities without much thought (didn't know rotations, didn't read talents, just picked whatever guides suggested). The only "hard" part were the adds in p2 of Xylem challenge, where I had to actually read my abilities to figure out how to kill them fast enough.

TL-DR - Outlaw - Medium, Assassination and Sub - very easy

Assassination wasn't too bad once you get all the mechanics down. You don't have to worry much about incoming damage since the vast majority of it is avoidable if you use the right skills at the right times.

Outlaw was far easier than that imo. I did it with just flask and sylvan elixir but as other people have said you can get even more benefits with command center/drums etc. It's just kill adds -> dps boss and avoid ground swirly balls and rolling rocks. Took me 2 tries on it.

I haven't done the sub one because I'm not interested in that appearance so I dunno about that one.

10+ Year Old Account
    They were all just as easy/hard. Can't say I struggled with any of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Can i use the sub apearence as sin when bfa hit the live server? And vice versa?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enterich View Post
    Can i use the sub apearence as sin when bfa hit the live server? And vice versa?
    No, artifact appearances will be spec-locked

Blizz are removing the mage towers because they want people to play the game when its current.

But they have no problem nerfing the shit out of the content through making the player OP with mad Item level gains and artifact power and thats ok even though it undermines the content for those that did it when it was current like the whole reason they remove content later on so you can never get it again.

They are so full of shit

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Blizz are removing the mage towers because they want people to play the game when its current.

But they have no problem nerfing the shit out of the content through making the player OP with mad Item level gains and artifact power and thats ok even though it undermines the content for those that did it when it was current like the whole reason they remove content later on so you can never get it again.

They are so full of shit
    You're really mad over nothing today.

Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    You're really mad over nothing today.
    Thanks dr phil?

Just pointing out their hypocrisy and bullshit they say to keep people subbed

Quote Originally Posted by Helltribute View Post
    930 ilvl, netherlight ring and ravenhold ring, 2x2x2 Netherlight Crucible, 300 versa food, agi rune and agi flask, drums, lightblood (outlaw only)

Assassination is the easiest, never played the spec and got it first try after seeing an explanation video of the fight (wowhead);

Outlaw is average, you just need to stun one of the buff imps and burst the other (gouge helps a lot for interrupts) and you need to be aware about positioning and target swap efficiently, also you need to priorize the imp that poisons the ground permanently (killing it don't stain the ground) or just be aware to move far away from the boss when he explodes so you don't get issues dpsing her with crap on the ground that deals damage and slows you; I just tried to dps efficiently single target without blade flurry (was more confortable for me that way, ravenhold ring helped I guess);

Subtely was the hardest, because if you don't use the right button in certain phases you're dead period; Sometimes on mirror image phase, Shadowstep>MfD>Evi didn't kill the image and next global for you to last hit it, he will knockback first and GG; but the worst is the last phase with the 3 voidwalkers, you need to apply Nightblade 70% slow in all of them ASAP and burst them down with Shadow Dance, if you don't do this it's GG, also it's a DPS check in this phase, because you can only reapply nightblade on one or maybe at 2 mobs before they get into the range of the necrotic shadow ground (the third needs to be down so you can use MfD for burst), once they reach it it's GG (you can cloak for a last stand to kill the remaining one). This is the phase where you need to global perfectly, period or you will wipe. You need to kill the voids 3 times without messing out your energy when applying nightblade and bursting them.

TL;DR - Sub is the hardest because it doesn't give you options for mistakes on mirror image phase and 3 voids phase. Outlaw is focus more on adds than the boss, in the end you get flow of the fight and it's manageable. Assa is faceroll.
    actually you dont need to kill anything in arcane phase, you can use sprint+feint or cos each time and go straight to the boss

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Thanks dr phil?

Just pointing out their hypocrisy and bullshit they say to keep people subbed
    To be fair, some of the top players at that time already had similar things going in, and many people achieve it with far less still.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

Yesterday I went to try to finish this challenge. My rogue is 962 equipped with 4 set bonus and 990 Argus trinket.
    I went Assa first- looked up a video guide, used Shoulder and Bracer legos and talents guide suggested. Took me 5 tries- on first try my focus blind macro didn't work so it was a wipe, on second try I forgot to stun the whirlwind guy. Overall piece of cake.
    Then I tried doing Outlaw one with same preparation- looked up a video, took suggested talents (used RTB) and did it on my second try. I even bought 20 elixirs and I only needed one :P
    It's true that gear makes a huge difference on this but as it's my only DPS toon I play, fights were totally unkown to me and yet it took me 7 tries to complete both of them.
    Both of those challenges seem really easy.
    Today I'll try to do a Subtlety one.
    Last edited by Khas; 2018-06-29 at 08:56 AM.
    Pugs are like Master Card---- Priceless.

I guess I was somewhat lucky to have the Outlaw gloves and AoE ring when I did Agatha. I managed to oneshot it without greater difficulty when I was trying to gauge the difficulty in a trial run. Didn't even use pots or lust because I just wanted to see how hard it would be to deal with imps, and it turned out easier than expected.

I'll definitely agree that assassination is the easiest challenge though. And probably because of the legendaries I had available I somewhat struggled dealing with the adds in the last phase of the Xylem challenge and thus found that to be the hardest for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by Khas View Post
    My rogue is 962 equipped with 4 set bonus and 990 Argus trinket.
    [...]
    Both of those challenges seem really easy.
    In that gear, they should be. I would be more surprised if any challenge was still super hard in 960+ gear. On an alt with relinquished gear and with less class knowledge than a main some of these are more challenging than others, also depends how fast you learn. But with full hc antorus gear? I went on my resto druid and 1 shot the healing challenge. Then went on my holy priest that was less geared and got my ass handed to me. So if we talk specifically about rogue, assassination is not very gear dependent, if you have valeera pants or prydaz it's doable at very low gear (I think some people did it around 870), if you don't have any you can still do it in slightly higher gear with leeching poison and picking the healing orbs, but the other 2 depend on dps you can pump, mostly to kill the adds. So if you have high gear and dps through the roof, most of the challenge is gone.

Deleted
    Did them all at 920 ilvl with shoulders and ravenholdt ring. Sin was easiest, didn't really have much of an issue with the Outlaw one after using SnD, PotW and gun stunning the healing adds as well as gouging. Just have to add focus 100% of the time and she dies eventually. AS was super helpful for dodging boulders due to extended melee range.

Sub took me the most goes (5-6) after working out to spawn the phase two adds as far from the boss as possible, blinding one and bursting the others, nightblade slow talent works wonders as does the shoulders for killing them. Also sub was probably the hardest for me as i had done the god queen and imp mother on other chars but this was the first time doing Xylem.

Assassination was honestly a joke. Leeching poison is op as hell. I 1 shot that challenge at 910 ilvl, no set bonuses no leggos at all. Pirate rogue was frustrating beyond belief. I had to use all elixers/flasks/food/pots/drums aoe leggo gloves and pray for good rng spawns for that. Easily 60+ attempts since I completed it after the spec nerf. Sub is kinda whatevs as long as you burn the adds fast in ph2