Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    So, basically Assassination is more or less a cakewalk, while Outlaw and Subtlety suffer for the lack of actual reliable toolkits that make the challenges artificially harder for no reason at all.

I'm not saying they're too hard - i kinda nuke them at this point, but having to manually slow three adds while other classes can just passively do it or having an AoE fight where blade flurry is actually best turned off tells a lot on the actual challenge design.

GZ to everyone that did them. I think i'd be able to do them if i actually wanted to put some sensible effort on them, but honestly i don't see the point right now. Maybe it's just not content for me.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    Swings and roundabouts i feel really, leeching really trivializes the assassination one, and subs toolkit makes part 1 of its challenge piss but other classes really struggle with it but find the adds easy.

I actually think the Outlaw one is the best "challenge" since it requires smart use of ALL your utility abilities and having the foresight to use them at the right times as well as situational awareness. Once you had enough practice/gear to make sure you had enough cds for the overlap, it was cake after that.

After M+ i think the mage tower is a great example of things they done well in Legion and it finally bucks this trend of just handing out free shit for turning up and taking part.

Quote Originally Posted by filo155 View Post
    I did outlaw on the 2nd try it was seriously too easy to even be a challenge...
    I did ass on like the 7th try since the mechanics there do require attention to not fuck up, but with leeching its alright
    Sub is just plain and stupidly impossible almost. If you do not have the legendaries to nuke the adds on p2, you are done there. I did all the dps challenges before the overpowered artefact update, but this one i barely even did it with the overpowered artefact, its that ridiculous the sub challenge... 10/10 the most difficult of all DPS challenges
    It's not impossible man, just save cooldowns for the adds so you have a Shadow Dance to kill them. Sub has incredible burst damage so I'm struggling to see why this is a big issue, just get a slow on all 3 adds and then fire away with cooldowns (don't bother to stun them unless there is only 1 left and it's just about to enter the purple void death shit). If one add does get into the purple shit then cloak of shadows and finish him off quick then get out of there.

Obviously it depends on your ilvl, but I've done it twice now (my own rogue and my buddies at 910-917 ish) and I had not played Sub before doing the challenge... You just need to figure out a solution for every part of the fight and execute it. For reference I used Sephuz + Cinidaria belt. Really you cannot give up if you did the Outlaw/Assa ones that quickly it's a bit pathetic that you would give up on the Sub.

Do it.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

I just completed my rogue's challenge, and I got this:

Assassination- Easiest out of the three. It's toolkit provides enough leech to passively heal through all unavoidable damage. A focus macro can keep Sigryn blinded when she starts casting her enrage, and you can pop Evasion and Kidney Shot the warrior when he berserks, keeping him under control. It also comes with all the burst you need to break the shield off the caster easily, keeping him under control. Pay attention to the valkyr walls when they appear, and get the runes and you'll survive. None of them are one shot, but they can easily get you killed should 2 runes go off.

Out of all the classes I did for this fight, I'd even say I had the easiest time with Assassination Rogue with this encounter. If you do everything right, you can honestly last for the whole duration of your poisons and you'll be fine. If you are running out of time and need to snag at least one rogue challenge mode skin, grab this first.

Outlaw- This is not too hard, but it requires alot of paying attention. All adds come before Agatha. Bring the Lightblood Elixer and the Sylvan Elixers for this fight as the 10% stats and Extra damage to demons really help with your damage output. Stun the adds that channel energy to her to slow down her heals and power gain by a lot.

Pay attention to the green meatballs that constantly roll down the hill at 50% and you'll be fine. Not as easy as Assassination, but it gets the job done. You'll be spending some time with this.

Subtlety- This one is tough. Honestly had a harder time with this than all the other classes I've done. You can't Hulk-Smash your way through phase 1 as it can lead you at a disadvantage at phase 2. This one requires thinking. Kidney Shot and Feint is your best friend in Xylem's phase as it can just keep the damage to a very minimum, saving you from needing to spend energy on drinking your Fruit Punch often.

Even with 153% mastery and an ilvl of 915, I barely got out of it with 11% health after it enraged on me. Tangled Shadow was a must-have for the shadow adds in Phase 2. I got freaking lucky and had KJ's Burning wish, and with a guildie telling me to download the addon hekili (so I can play subtlety rogue since I am dumb) so I can dps somehow, I lucked out.

So yeah. That's what I rank. Assassination is pretty much do shit right, or die. Outlaw makes you focus on adds over boss. And Subtlety is really screwy on phase 2, and is the hardest of the three in my experience. That's my two cents.

Depends when you do it, your ilvl and legendaries and artifact level.

I did mine around 900-910, and Sub was def the trickiest just because of movement and killing the void adds quickly. Outlaw was pure face roll and so was Assassination as long as you watched for the wall

Did sin at 890 ish (1st week) and it took like 15 tries. The first 5 were completely blind. I'm pretty sure anyone over 930 will steam roll it.

Did sub and outlaw at 970ish and I rolled them both because lol gear. Rogue does't have good burst aoe baseline for any of the specs so I suggest using a trinket/lego that will help with that. For me I used Glaive/cape on the sub one and it made killing adds and the ice barrier cake. Ran glaives on outlaw also because it really helped with keeping up with ads. Don't think wearing shoulders is worth it on any of the fights, just use prydaz or feint pants.

Quote Originally Posted by filo155 View Post
    I did outlaw on the 2nd try it was seriously too easy to even be a challenge...
    I did ass on like the 7th try since the mechanics there do require attention to not fuck up, but with leeching its alright
    Sub is just plain and stupidly impossible almost. If you do not have the legendaries to nuke the adds on p2, you are done there. I did all the dps challenges before the overpowered artefact update, but this one i barely even did it with the overpowered artefact, its that ridiculous the sub challenge... 10/10 the most difficult of all DPS challenges
    i did it without even knowing how play sub in my 2° time in p2 and the first death was only because i dumbed a shadowstep/ss in the middle of the shit
    what was so difficult with the adds?

Warrior

Arms - 6/10, 15ish attempts, Phase 1 was easy, Phase 2 took some work to get all adds slowed down and killed
    Fury - 3/10, 2 attempts, barely survived the winning attempt, hence why it's a 3 and not a 1
    Prot - 9/10, 60 attempts, easily the hardest tank challenge for me

Paladin

Holy - 7/10, 20ish attempts, Beacon of Faith makes the entire challenge so much easier, still very difficult
    Prot - 6/10, 25ish attempts, basically like playing Prot Warr but having access to thing that can block Annihilation stacks
    Retribution, 3/10, 6 or 7 attempts, nothing special, just learning how to avoid shit

Hunter

Beastmastery - 1/10, 1 attempt, absolute faceroll (but then I did it with 940 ilvl)
    Marksmanship - 7/10, 30ish attempts, surprisingly difficult considering the circumstances, had an absolute shit time with hand and rune placement and RNG constantly fucked me over by not giving me enough procs for damage, ended up abusing Bursting Shot to interrupt Karam's healing and prevent hand spawns, and even then it wasn't a walk in the park
    Survival - 5/10, 15ish attempts, not hugely difficult but not faceroll either

Rogue

Assassination - 0/10, 5 or 6 attempts, only died because it was my first time trying that challenge and had to learn the mechanics, once I got them down I had Valeera's so feigned through Valkyrs not giving a fuck
    Outlaw - 10/10 at first then for some reason it dropped to like 4/10, not sure why, took maybe 10 attempts? Got absolutely murdered by the imps the first week I tried it, even with Valeera's, the buffs from the Command Center, Lightblood Elixir and shit like that, then the next week I killed it on the first attempt with close to zero effort... go figure...
    Subtlety - 7/10, 20ish attempts, died a lot on the Shadow phases and in Phase 2 because I fucked up slowing the void adds, once again Valeera's made this so much less aggravating than it would have otherwise been

Priest

Discipline - 7/10, 20ish attempts, contrary to popular experiences with this challenge I found it rather difficult because of how much shit you have to deal with, but that's probably me being shit at Disc so take that as you will
    Holy - 8/10, 20ish attempts, Binding Heal and Shackle+HW:Chastise close to trivialized the first phase, over 15 of my deaths was on Phase 5 having plenty of issues healing the ghosts to full, successful attempt was pretty much entirely thanks to lucky crits
    Shadow - 3/10, 10ish attempts, Surrender to Madness basically trivialized Phase 3

Shaman

Elemental - 10/10 at first, 3/10 later, 10ish attempts, same as with Outlaw this challenge ended up being way harder the first week I tried it than the second.
    Enhancement - 4/10, 6-7 attempts, only died because of inattentiveness
    Resto - 10/10, 40 attempts, my conclusion from this challenge is that 40 deaths from chronic Jarodness is what turns the worst resto shaman in history into someone okay enough to complete this challenge, that and lucky crits during Phase 5... also died on the fire during Phase 6 but my Ankhfu was there to save the day

Mage

Arcane - 9/10, 20ish attempts, was 10/10 and utterly impossible until I lucked out and got Belo'virs... it was still hard as fuck, as I survived the challenge with 300k HP
    Fire - -10/10, 1 attempt, went in having literally no experience as a fire mage and absolutely demolished the fat slob
    Frost 9/10, 30ish attempts, had sort of the same problem as with MM, couldn't get enough procs when I needed them, but with perseverence (and bear tartare) I was finally able to shut them the fuck up

Warlock

Affliction - 10/10 legit, 4/10 with cheese, 10ish attempts, didn't have Sacrolash so abused the Infernal and Howl of Terror to interrupt Karam's healing
    Demonology - 7/10, 10ish attempts, I was pretty shit at playing Demo but I ended up finding a strategy that worked
    Destruction - 6/10, 20ish attempts, in truth it shouldn't have killed me this much but I fucked up on interrupts a lot

Monk

Brewmaster - 7/10, 20ish attempts, had very little issues with Phase 1 aside from the usual bullshit with invisible Infernal slams and eyes knocking you back from multiple directions at a time, Phase 2 shouldn't have been as hard as it was but summoning Niuzao glitched out a lot causing him to instantly despawn... once he stayed around and engaged Kruul to soak Annihilations, it was very simple to kill him... think I had maybe 1 or 2 stacks of Annihilation on the successful attempt
    Mistweaver - 7/10, 20ish attempts, very strong AoE healing coupled with Paralyze+Leg Sweep made this one of the easier healing challenges... still, pretty hard
    Windwalker - 5/10, 20ish attempts, should have been 2/10 if my gear had been 900+ but I did it with 888

Druid

Balance - 1/10, 1 attempt, *slaps floor with Starfall* this bad boy can fit so many fucking move-casts inside it
    Feral - 1/10, 2 attempts, should've just been 1 but I had a brain fart and forgot to interrupt Dark Fury after dropping the shield because for some reason I thought dropping the shield would interrupt the cast all by itself, also had Luffa's so I just fucking scratched claw marks into every wall of the cave
    Guardian - 7/10, 25ish attempts, my first tank challenge and first challenge overall, felt very hard at the time but compared to Prot Warr and Pala it wasn't very hard at all... lucked out and got Luffa's from a world boss while taking a break from the tower, this trivialized the first phase
    Resto - 7/10, 20ish attempts, mostly died due to fucking up Typhoon on the mage adds in Phase 1 and due to failing to heal enough ghosts in Phase 5 resulting in 3-4+ adds

Death Knight

Blood - 6/10, 6-7 attempts, had heard a lot of horror stories about this one but for some reason it ended up being rather easy, didn't even have any tanking legendaries
    Frost - 6/10, 15ish attempts, majority of deaths happened in the Shadow phases
    Unholy - 1/10, 1 attempt, literally just cast Virulence on everything

Demon Hunter

Havoc - 7/10, 15ish attempts, Phase 1 was easy to get past once I'd learnt how to deal with the Shadow phases, but Phase 2 took a few attempts to get an idea of how to effectively slow the adds
    Vengeance - 1/10, 1 attempt, I even fucked up and managed to blow Last Resort during Phase 1 and I still had zero issues killing Kruul in Phase 2... space bar is your best friend in this challenge
    Last edited by Alteiry; 2018-07-14 at 07:54 AM.

Id say sub was the hardest. Outlaw / assassination was a joke

Haven't tried sub, cause the weapon looks like absolute shit, but outlaw surprised me in difficulty. I did agatha on my unholy, and I didn't even notice the adds, or had any idea what killed them, and I was about 925/930.

Outlaw I tried with SnD and failed like 7 times, even with the elixirs. Switched to MfD and as long as you save MfD only for them, it was only an annoying shit challenge. Tabbing and shit in wow is retarded.

I also found Xylem the best of challenges, tank the most challenging, healing long and boring

I found Outlaw to be the easiest of the two I've done. Agatha in general is cake. I was 921 with no Greenskin, Mantle, or Valeera's and it took me 3 attempts. Sin was pretty easy, a little more technical with the mechanics though.

Haven't tried Sub.

Ranking for me from easiest to hardest Assassination>Outlaw>Sub.

ROGUE:
    Ass: 1 try (ilvl 880)
    Sub: 4 tries (ilvl 920)
    Outlaw: 2 tries (ilvl 920)

Compared to my other classes:
    MONK(done during mage tower launch):
    WW - Approx 1 hour
    MW - Approx 5 hours
    BrM - Approx 4 hours

PALADIN (Patch 7.3.5):
    Ret - 2 attempts
    Holy - 4 attempts
    Prot - approximately 3 hours lol

So because of the max artifact thing i guess its now relatively easy to do it once you get used to the mechanics since the damage we produce is now way higher than before.

Deleted
    I have completed sub's one since when i was 910-915 (it took me around 20 tries back then)

Now that i am 965 eqquipped i went in to do the outlaw and sin one (3-4 days before prepatch hits live). I oneshotted both having seen only 1 vid on YT just to know the major abilities. Was too easy

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    all of them are easy now, if we're talkign release?

assa is absolutely trivial and healing pants make them even more trivial so 1/10

for sub if you have cloak+shoulders it was doable with a decent challenge, without them it's practically undoable so its either a 10/10 or a 6/10

outlaw was "roll 5 or lose" so like an 8/10 (ofc u can use those consumables to make it easier but they werent available back then afaik?)
    Sub was the only one I did (didn't bother with the other two) in 7.2 (or 7.2.5? don't remember when it released) and I didn't have either the cloak or the shoulders. Shit was cash.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Sub was the only one I did (didn't bother with the other two) in 7.2 (or 7.2.5? don't remember when it released) and I didn't have either the cloak or the shoulders. Shit was cash.
    Just did the sub challenge, too - after a change of mind, not too long before the server reset. Also no legendaries but max concordance, obviously. And nitro boosters. Which didn't malfunction for once!
    It was a challenge for sure but never felt unfair.
    Max concordance made all the difference though. I had a few runs a couple days before that when I hit 110, thinking it was an ordinary quest... Ha, don't judge me! It was my first time playing Legion. But the extra HP and the healing from the Nether Crucible procs will really bust you out of a bad spot. It went swimmingly from there interspersed with a few calls so close, I may have taken a bite from my desk in anger.
    Last edited by mmocf7ddd4330a; 2018-07-18 at 07:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumrocks View Post
    Just did the sub challenge, too - after a change of mind, not too long before the server reset. Also no legendaries but max concordance, obviously. And nitro boosters. Which didn't malfunction for once!
    It was a challenge for sure but never felt unfair.
    Max concordance made all the difference though. I had a few runs a couple days before that when I hit 110, thinking it was an ordinary quest... Ha, don't judge me! It was my first time playing Legion. But the extra HP and the healing from the Nether Crucible procs will really bust you out of a bad spot. It went swimmingly from there interspersed with a few calls so close, I may have taken a bite from my desk in anger.
    it's a lot easier with the reworked sub talents

you have a lot more burst now, and a lot more AOE

it was a really harsh dps check back in ~900 gear and the old shitty talents
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2018-07-18 at 09:42 AM.

it's a lot easier with the reworked sub talents

you have a lot more burst now, and a lot more AOE

it was a really harsh dps check back in ~900 gear and the old shitty talents
    Isn't the mage tower turned off already now? It should have been. otherwise i could get in it and nuke it. Only real pain of Sub challenge is slowing adds which is now piss easy since the snare on Shurikens.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Isn't the mage tower turned off already now? It should have been. otherwise i could get in it and nuke it. Only real pain of Sub challenge is slowing adds which is now piss easy since the snare on Shurikens.
    it is, I ment with the "old new" sub talents :P taht the 7.2.5 rework brought

it is, I ment with the "old new" sub talents :P taht the 7.2.5 rework brought
    Ah ok I had still issues with slowing adds, but it was just me having tried it like 5 times with no actual will to complete it - reason why coupled with no free time i wasn't able to do it.

I'd like to have MT getting the "herald of the titans" treatment, but i'm fine without it.