Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Devin Booker had 59 of the Suns 92 points. I think they need to get some sort of breathing human beings to play with him next season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here we go. Pacers at Celtics, preview of the playoffs, winner likely gets homefield advantage. GO CELTICS!

- - - Updated - - -

Celtics came ready to play tonight. Let's see if they can do this till the final whistle. They've started fast before, before wilting. They seem very locked in though, I'm feeling good about this one.

- - - Updated - - -

It's kinda scary how dependent on Al Horford the Celtics are. He makes the team go both offensively and defensively. When he was on the bench this first quarter the team just ground to a halt and Pacers came back a little. He comes back in and BANG back to 10+ point lead again in a few plays.

- - - Updated - - -

Celtics hold on for the win, but man, playing at home, this game was much closer than it should have been. I don't like the implications of this cause Indiana is lethal at home and they didn't get out of this game feeling like they should be afraid of the Celtics on the road.

Celtics won the battle, but the war is far from over.

- - - Updated - - -

Same old, same old. Win very important game at home against a playoff opponent, turn around and play horrendously against a lower classed opponent the next day. Defense is horrible, letting multiple Nets players just get to their spots over and over, but taking ill advized shots on offense as well, especially Terry Rozier who's 1 for 8.

Now, Horford and Kyrie are sitting out, but that decision is kinda questionable in and of itsself. You fight so hard to get homefield against the Pacers, and then just piss it away by resting your 2 most important players on the same day? What kind of logic is that?

Either way, horrendous game and I'm having a hard time trusting these Celtics in the playoffs, all things considered.

- - - Updated - - -

And now one of our guards fouled out in 13 min of play. Fantastic.

If any good games are coming up, like to determine getting into the playoffs or not, let me know. I'll watch some with you.

Otherwise I guess I'll sit back and wait for the playoffs to begin on the 13th. In two weeks...

I think I said it before but if the Nets get in I might go to a game. Especially if they play the Bucks.

- - - Updated - - -

I just thought about it and it makes me feel bad. I'd only go to this upcoming playoffs game as a social outing. I used to be a hardcore fan who wanted to go to games because I actually cared about seeing my team win. Now I don't even care about the outcome of the game, nor do I even expect it to be competitive. I honestly can't even name one Nets player lol...

Maybe that would've changed and I'd be excited if the team was a top 3 seed and could potentially make it far. Hard to tell.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think every team in the West has clenched, the rest of the games will be just to determine seeding.

I literally only watch Jazz games, so I feel that. I couldn't name many of the starters on the rest of the teams. I will say though, that I know more about basketball from watching the past couple years, than I learned the previous years of my life. So I understand a whole lot more, and I think that goes well into enjoyment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Celtics play well, on the road, in a kind of must win game to stay ahead of the Pacers. Definitely an encouraging sign.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jazz down early to the Suns. No Rubio, no Favors, no Korver, no Crowder, rookie and often terrible playmaker Grayson Allen was in like five minutes into the first. Still fighting for seeds, right?...

- - - Updated - - -

And then Jinglin Joe went off in the second half, and final score looks like a blowout even though it was close all game.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2019-04-04 at 02:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just watched 4th quarter of Bucks-Sixers and Bucks are just so so good. Going to be really interesting to see who makes it out of the east, but I have a hard time imagining it's not the Bucks.

Giannis MVP in my book.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some teams would be happy to score 27 points a quarter. Warriors are winning by 27 after the first quarter. Think I don't need to watch the rest of this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Celtics at the Pacers. Almost sure to be a Playoff preview. Also almost sure that the winner has homecourt advantage.

- - - Updated - - -

Celtics had a stretch in the first half where they had like 3 or 4 calls go their way that could have gone against them and they all resulted in points. That run was the difference at the half and the second half they just ran away with it, and you could see the Pacers had given up at some point when the difference was 15-ish and there was just not enough rhythm on their side and the Celtics just answered every time.

Fun game to watch, hopefully more of this in the Playoffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Brooklyn Nets beat the Pacers, which means the Nets are officially in the playoffs and the Celtics claim the 4th place in the East and home court advantage in the playoffs for round 1.

@Blueobelisk Gratz, you can get playoff tickets now.

Which also means that tonight's game for the Celtics against the Magic is suddenly totally unimportant and the Celtics will likely rest several players that weren't quite healthy with the playoffs in mind and that next week's game against the Wizards is likely to feature a totally starter free roster.

Yeah Brooklyn clinched, but I was kind of hoping they'd face Bucks in the first round. I wanna see the Bucks, not Raptors or 76ers. It's not really up yet but it seems like it'd be $323 for a pair of alright tickets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Celtics already had their mind on the locker room some 3 min before the half ended and allowed the Magic to go on a run that brought them back in it. Celtics up by 4 still, but wasted a 13 point lead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good lord. Pistons are in the playoffs if they win this one game against the lowly Grizzlies and they are down 19 at the half. Downright embarrassing.

(And I need the Grizzlies to lose due to draft picks, so come on Pistons get yo shit together).

Celtics are not helping either cause they were down a nice 20 points against the Wizards and they've come back all the way with like 7 or 8 players out being rested/healing up for the Playoffs. I need the Wizards to win for the same reason; to make sure the Grizzlies stay at draft pick 8 or better.

COME ON PISTONS/WIZARDS YOU CAN DO EET.

- - - Updated - - -

Magic Johnson is standing down from his role in the Lakers organization

No idea what sparked that, but he was part of the reason Lebron came to LA. You would think future free agents will be wary too now, with the organization in constant flux.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, Pistons got their shit together in the end and won, but then so did the Celtics, so that's kind of a shame.

Just have to hope that the Warriors will do what they need to do and win a the Grizzlies tomorrow too and all should be well.

- - - Updated - - -

This Magic Johnson resignation is not even a dumpster fire, it's a TIRE FIRE. Lakers are a gigantic mess.

Who will get to the foul line more times? The entire Thunder team, or James Harden?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Surreality View Post
    Who will get to the foul line more times? The entire Thunder team, or James Harden?
    lol

Not as close as I expected it to be 13 attempted for Harden and 20 for the Thunder as a team.

Thunder won too, on a last second PG 3.

- - - Updated - - -

So, I just need the GSW to do their civic duty tomorrow and beat the Grizzlies and then Celtics odds at the Grizzlies draft pick will only be 9%. (Celtics already have 3 first rounders in the upcoming Draft and do not want the Grizzly one to be added as well. Much better if it conveys next year or the year after that)

10+ Year Old Account
    Jazz get their 50th win beating up the 2nd/3rd ranked Nuggets. Donovan Mitchell put on a show, typing his career high of 46 points. If Portland loses tonight, Jazz can still pass them to take home field advantage in round one. Either way, a healthy-looking Jazz team appears to be the favorites against Portland without key players. Dame can only do so much.

Said it before, but with his retirement today, despite never caring about Dallas, Dirk is still one of my favorite players ever. Also, there's something to be said for the all-time greats who stick with one team. that's why I downplay LeBron's greatness just a bit. he make have the stats and athleticism, but dude loves to travel.

10+ Year Old Account
    rip heat

10+ Year Old Account
    Im going to miss Dirk

although he wants to stay with the team in some capacity, so I know Cuban will make that happen. That ceremony was amazing. Honestly, minus the sexual harassment thing which Cuban really fucked up, I think he's the best owner in basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    lol

Not as close as I expected it to be 13 attempted for Harden and 20 for the Thunder as a team.

Thunder won too, on a last second PG 3.

- - - Updated - - -

So, I just need the GSW to do their civic duty tomorrow and beat the Grizzlies and then Celtics odds at the Grizzlies draft pick will only be 9%. (Celtics already have 3 first rounders in the upcoming Draft and do not want the Grizzly one to be added as well. Much better if it conveys next year or the year after that)
    That was a heart attack game. Thank goodness for PG and his new clutch touch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well today sucked. The hip bruise that the Celtics thought Marcus Smart had turns out to be a partial tear and he is likely to miss the first 2 series of the playoffs at the very least. I cannot overstate how much that sucks. Smart sets up the defense usually and he's the one that made Bogdanovic a non-factor in the past 2 games against the Pacers. With Bogdanovic now likely to be able to play his game, it's going to be much, much harder to contain the Pacers.

On top of that, the Mavs lost and the Grizzlies beat GSW, which means there's no a 3 way tie for spots 7-8-9 on the draft rankings, which means a pingpong ball is going to decide wether or not the Celtics get a 4th first rounder this year or if it mercifully skips to next year.

- - - Updated - - -

P L A Y O F F S

West:

- (1) Warriors vs. (8) Clips
    - (2) Nuggets vs. (7) Spurs
    - (3) Blazers vs. (6) Thunder
    - (4) Rockets vs. (5) Jazz

East:

- (1) Bucks vs. (8) Pistons
    - (2) Raps vs. (7) Magic
    - (3) Sixers vs. (6) Nets
    - (4) Celtics vs. (5) Pacers