Thread: Druid Woes

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Glyphtics View Post
    Imagine whinging about class balance when there are multiple tuning passes before Mythic raid release in BFA.
    Typical mmo champ tbf, complaining about numbers right now is kinda pathetic, I know that sounds a bit harsh but in every class forum it seems like theres a thread about how bad their class is. Gameplay wise I can understand but if you are staring at skada/details on beta you are doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Glyphtics View Post
    Imagine whinging about class balance when there are multiple tuning passes before Mythic raid release in BFA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aktec View Post
    Typical mmo champ tbf, complaining about numbers right now is kinda pathetic, I know that sounds a bit harsh but in every class forum it seems like theres a thread about how bad their class is. Gameplay wise I can understand but if you are staring at skada/details on beta you are doing it wrong.
    Or you know, you could actually read the thread and see the things most people are complaining/concerned about have nothing to do with numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Or you know, you could actually read the thread and see the things most people are complaining/concerned about have nothing to do with numbers.
    Ye i get that and I have read the thread, was just making the point cause there have been a few comments in this thread and others about about how people will swap classes just cause there spells dont hit hard enough or their heals dont do enough etc

- - - Updated - - -

Just to followup on that its because I'm choosing between druid and mage for my main next expansion and theres a lot useful feedback for me in this thread, for example about how the class feels unfun without the abilities that Blizz took out and so on or how the removal of this ability wont make much diffenrence overall etc. But when people are just looking at which spec/class does the most dmg/healing its actually not useful at all imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Interrupt is off the GCD, so is Ironfur... I think that's it for Guardian.
    Barkskin is off the GCD, as well. Only thing different in terms of BfA and live with respect to GCD is Frenzied Regen. With the most current build, we're back to 24% healing over 3 seconds, and 2 charges.

*edit* - Should mention that general self-sustain is a little hard to gauge right now, as there's quite a few bugs going on with Resto Affinity and Nature's Guardian. Azerite traits also affect this, and your mileage may vary.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aktec View Post
    Just to followup on that its because I'm choosing between druid and mage for my main next expansion and theres a lot useful feedback for me in this thread, for example about how the class feels unfun without the abilities that Blizz took out and so on or how the removal of this ability wont make much diffenrence overall etc. But when people are just looking at which spec/class does the most dmg/healing its actually not useful at all imo.
    Which spec are you talking about for druid? I'm assuming Balance if it's between druid and a mage, and I rather enjoy how Balance plays out right now for the most part with all the changes to the spells and rotation. Only other spec I've played a lot on the beta is Guardian... and despite how much I'll always be a bear at heart, it feels almost exactly like Legion, except with less stuff going on. On the plus side, there's so much you don't have to think about with Guardian that it's pretty easy to raid lead or call out things and not get distracted.
    Last edited by exochaft; 2018-07-13 at 06:39 AM.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    Barkskin is off the GCD, as well. Only thing different in terms of BfA and live with respect to GCD is Frenzied Regen. With the most current build, we're back to 24% healing over 3 seconds, and 2 charges.

*edit* - Should mention that general self-sustain is a little hard to gauge right now, as there's quite a few bugs going on with Resto Affinity and Nature's Guardian. Azerite traits also affect this, and your mileage may vary.
    Gah! I knew I was forgetting something but I just could not think of it >< Thanks

So a small bump for Guardian (and smaller one for Feral) Utility: Soothe is now class-wide (instead of all specs but Guardian) and Soothe can be cast in ALL forms.

That's... actually pretty fucking sweet, assuming we actually have a fair amount of Enrage buff mechanics.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Here's a post a few days ago about enrage. It won't let me link the source but it's from wowhead and the title is: Method Jdotb Q&A #17

"How do you feel about classes being able to fully nullify Raging?

There’s been some hand wringing on the BFA beta because two classes (hunter and druid) were given abilities ( Spirit Shock and Soothe, respectively) that remove enrage effects, including the Raging affix. I think the knee-jerk reaction from the community has been that this feels unfair, and that an affix shouldn’t be able to be completely negated by a class ability. Let’s examine this one from all angles before I tell you why it isn’t actually a big deal.

First, Spirit Shock and Soothe are each on a 10 second cooldown. So unless you’re single targeting one mob at a time, it’s unlikely that you’ll be able to remove more than one or two Raging debuffs on any given pull. Granted, some mobs are more dangerous than others, and maybe you only “need” to dispel Raging from one or two mobs in a pack to see most of the benefit. But it’s also important to keep in mind that these abilities aren’t just a complete removal of the Raging affix but rather a way to dispel individual enrage effects on a short-ish cooldown.

Second, lots of abilities in the game negate other affixes already. Bursting can be completely immuned by Divine Shield, Ice Block, etc. The Dwarf racial Stoneform can clear a full stack of Grievous (though admittedly it will start stacking again instantly if you’re still in combat). Bolstering can be prevented on a high health mob by using Banish or Mind Control on that mob before the rest of the pack dies. Necrotic can be removed with Divine Shield or prevented from being applied with Anti-Magic Shell. So the idea that an ability shouldn’t be able to remove or counter an affix runs contrary to the entire M+ philosophy in Legion.

Are Spirit Shock and Soothe incredibly useful to have during Raging weeks? Absolutely. Will you feel like you “have” to bring a BM Hunter or a Druid on Raging weeks? You might. There will almost certainly be some mini bosses that get incredibly scary when they hit Raging, and being able to remove Raging from them will feel almost necessary on higher keys. But unless you want to do a wholesale rework of the affix system that makes every affix unavoidable, these two abilities aren’t any more unfair than dozens of abilities that already exist. "

Looking forward to the fairweathers getting off of my class so I can go back to being special snowflake status.

You should've played survival in Legion if you want special snowflake status.

There have always been a lot of boomkins around through the expansions. Even through the numerous shitty reworks.
    Last edited by BoomkinHell; 2018-07-15 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Senchae View Post
    Im a simple man. I've played resto druid as my main since I started playing in TBC, I've always found it fun and I enjoy the hots playstyle so you guys can sit here complaining about innervate nerfs and other shit, I'll still be cruising along on the druid having fun watching green numbers fly everywhere.

Druids, just like every other class have good and bad expacs and if you're one of them number pushing top o da meters type people and this isnt a druids expac then just reroll and come back when the buff wheel points at druids again. If you just like the certain playstyle of whatever druid spec you play and you're not too pushed about meter whoring or best possible spec then just keep playing whatever druid spec you like.
    Its been 14 years of whining at every patch but it's not going to change, either suck up the changes or move onto a class thats in line with your goals of the next expac.
    Here here well said!!!!!

ต้องโพสไห้ครบ3ครั้งถึงจะโพสลิง� �์ได้:d

Quote Originally Posted by BoomkinHell View Post
    You should've played survival in Legion if you want special snowflake status.
    So "Special Snowflake" = Play a spec that no one plays? There's usually a reason for that such as the spec being underpowered or doing less damage, especially on a class with multiple DPS specs (Survival, Demo, Destro, Arcane, Outlaw, Subtlety, Unholy, Arms, Feral) or being a melee spec on a class that has ranged as well (Survival, Feral, and even Enhancement despite Enh being a top tier ST DPS right now).

Quote Originally Posted by BoomkinHell View Post
    There have always been a lot of boomkins around through the expansions. Even through the numerous shitty reworks.
    WoD says hi. Never once have I seen so few Moonkins, for obvious reasons with Eclipse being absolute garbage during that expansion.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2018-07-16 at 09:09 AM.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

I'm torn, as I want to level my druid, but want her to change to Zandalari and I'm currently a Night Elf druid (originally Horde but got bored of the Horde half way through Legion). But I don't want to race change to Horde until Zandalari are available. So she may be shelved until later in the expac. I'll probably attempt to main my SPriest. Still uncertain what the future holds for us though with the BfA changes.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    So a small bump for Guardian (and smaller one for Feral) Utility: Soothe is now class-wide (instead of all specs but Guardian) and Soothe can be cast in ALL forms.

That's... actually pretty fucking sweet, assuming we actually have a fair amount of Enrage buff mechanics.
    I haven't logged onto the beta recently, has it been changed so that Soothe is actually useful? I ask only because, when I was last on testing it, any mob that enraged immediately reapplied it after it was dispelled, making Soothe pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystikal View Post
    I haven't logged onto the beta recently, has it been changed so that Soothe is actually useful? I ask only because, when I was last on testing it, any mob that enraged immediately reapplied it after it was dispelled, making Soothe pointless.

To be determined... in the past when I've had it I don't even think I bothered making a keybind for it... however if there are lots of enrage mechs it could be useful. -Will this work on raging @30% affix in a keystone? I could see it being super awesome on that!

---but yeah assuming we have enrage buff mechanics.

I haven't really tried on beta, but back before it was removed, many mobs only enraged once or on fairly long CDs.

Fury Warriors probably just get more angry when you do it, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post

Ooh, yay. This sounds like an awesome change

I'd imagine if they're re-adding the spell, there must be some reason for it. If it's worthless, why are they adding ti back? They already pruned a ton of niche shit, why bring it back just to not have any enrage mechanics?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaewalk View Post
    To be determined... in the past when I've had it I don't even think I bothered making a keybind for it... however if there are lots of enrage mechs it could be useful. -Will this work on raging @30% affix in a keystone? I could see it being super awesome on that!

---but yeah assuming we have enrage buff mechanics.
    I was thinking the same thing, but maybe it'll just be a single application and not a reapplying aura.