Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    It does not appear to have anything to do with this shooting, I have never stated otherwise.

That does not take anything from the fact that Milo did say it.

As for it being a bullshit peddler... that's ironic when discussing anything with Milo.
    That's fair, but if it's such a horrible thing to say, with such terrible potential ramifications, why publish it?

Evidently the journalist in question didn't think it was that dangerous, he decided to broadcast a private conversation to the world. Attempting to smear Milo afterwards is just grotesque. Also, I believe the journalist is Will Sommer, and given some of his articles and screenshotted conversations, I'd colourfully tell him to fuck off too.

How do you know I'm misinterpreting him?

“I can’t wait for the vigilante squads to start gunning journalists down on sight,”

I'm going by his own words. It seems you are the one trying to change what he said.
    I feel sorry for the first person to ever explain how excited they were about something with the common phrase of "i shit my pants" you would never understand them....

and i suppose you think Bill Maher actually wants a recession in the US. or that Trayvon Martin was Obama's son. it must be very hard to live a life where everything anyone ever says is 100% literal.
    Last edited by Saucexorzski; 2018-06-29 at 02:45 PM. Reason: i fail at phones
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Quote Originally Posted by SOFTNUT View Post
    uhhhhh... never? it's called freedom of speech and context also matters. a flamboyant gay man who gets shit on by the media for saying wild things all the time says wild shit about them because they shit on him, and somehow you think that was what caused this?

let me guess, you also think we should ban guns? either way, people like you need to stop trying to treat the effect and start looking at the cause, if you actually think his words are what caused this, then i wish you the best of luck with treating your mental disabilities.

if you told me to kill myself right now i'd laugh at you, but if i was dumb enough to actually be coerced by you that would be my own fault and likely my own mental illness as the driving force, not your fault for being mean or saying something outlandish.
    Hello alt account. Grow balls and post on your main, or softnut yourself to sleep again.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    I mean I wouldn't do that but let's say I said to some guy

"hey fuck you man, I hope your wife dies"

and she does

How is that my fault? Makes me an asshole, sure, and I'm not saying Milo isn't. But he didn't incite this, he just made a joke that pissed people off, know why? That's how he makes his money my dude.
    That's not really a good example. If you generically wished someone dead and they were, let's say, struck by lightning, there is no possible way your words somehow lead to the lightning striking the individual. While I don't think Milo is as responsible for what happened, I do think he should've known better. The social climate is tense and he has both a powerful personality and a platform; plus, how did he not anticipate a reporter publishing his words? As I said, it makes him look dumb.
    Last edited by FriendOrTraitor; 2018-06-29 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vathoren View Post
    That's fair, but if it's such a horrible thing to say, with such terrible potential ramifications, why publish it?

Evidently the journalist in question didn't think it was that dangerous, he decided to broadcast a private conversation to the world. Attempting to smear Milo afterwards is just grotesque. Also, I believe the journalist is Will Sommer, and given some of his articles and screenshotted conversations, I'd colourfully tell him to fuck off too.
    I have no doubt that those who published it were pushing a narrative. They want the public to be outraged at someone, and Milo makes a good target. Hell, Milo makes himself the target, because he cannot stop saying stupid shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Machismo makes headcanons but in real life
    Are you mad that I have literal evidence to back up my claim, and it pisses you off?

“I can’t wait for the vigilante squads to start gunning journalists down on sight,”

15+ Year Old Account
    Once again the left looks to blame anything and everything EXCEPT the shooter.
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

7+ Year Old Account
    Because he's gonna make millions in lawsuits now
    Suing who? People for reporting what he said?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Animalhouse View Post
    Once again the left looks to blame anything and everything EXCEPT the shooter.
    I thought it was Maxine waters fault, according to Hannity. He’s left wing?

- - - Updated - - -

It's almost like you don't even read my replies, it's like trying to argue with a brick or something

- - - Updated - - -

For misrepresentation and smearing

Watch it happen
    He’ll be laughed out of court, especially for someone who makes a living out of making provocative statements. I will watch it and laugh myself.

Can Maxine Waters sue anyone who said she called for violence? Hannity is FUUUUUUUCKED.
    Last edited by Noxx79; 2018-06-29 at 02:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah sure, there is no problem with freedom for weapons. *Few days later* OH MY GOD! THEY ARE SHOOTIN!

I'm the only one, who see hypocrisy in that?

It's almost like you don't even read my replies, it's like trying to argue with a brick or something
    all macho can do is what he is doing, any bit of reasoning applied to the context of the text message makes it clear Milo just dismissing the reporter.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

7+ Year Old Account
    It's the US, people have won lawsuits with far less
    You’re going to have to provide proof, “chief”

It's the US, people have won lawsuits with far less
    People have also lost with far more.

"What he meant was..."

It must be exhausting trying to tell others what someone meant, whenever they say stupid shit.
    Milo and Trump - the media is the enemy of the people, I hope they get shot, etc. "What he meant was...it's just a joke, guys!"

Maxine Waters - harrass Trump's cabinet members (for the record, which I don't agree with) "She's advocating for violence and armed revolt!!!!"

Man, the right sure have taken over the mantle of victim complex.
    Last edited by Somewhatconcerned; 2018-06-29 at 02:53 PM.

Again, prove that. Give me one example of me saying 1 nationalistic thing in the past year on this site. I'll give you a clue dear, it's not there. And I'm not sure you know what thought policing is.

And again, you keep saying the exact same point and it's been argued with repeatedly. Change the record mate.
    You said:

"What even is your point? There are people in the world who want to kill you, I think we should not let these people into our countries and you think that's a bad thing? Do you just say silly things for the sake of it?"

"But I'm not anti-gun, and even then, just because I'm a libertarian doesn't mean I have to agree with all it's principles, it's not a religion.

And honestly I would say I don't know, there are far better qualified people to answer that, what I wouldn't do is do what Germany did and just let over a million random people. And I wouldn't do what my country did and put a great deal of immigrants in one area and then not police it because I'm afraid to be seen as racist. I wouldn't let in criminals, and I wouldn't let in anyone with extreme views. It's not that complicated in my mind. It's nothing to do with religion either, I know you're trying to hint I might be anti-islam but I'm afraid not"

"You assumed a lot there. I don't think gun control is inherently anti-liberal, that's why I'm for gun control and not completely anti-gun. And just because I'm a libertarian doesn't mean I don't think we need a strong government, I think government should be there to police things ordinary people can't. What I don't think it's there to do is to tell me what I can and can't say, where I can build my fence (I don't know if planning permission is a thing in the US I imagine it is) and minor things like that. I don't think the president needs to be a celebrity affair where everyone cares who it is and it all kicks off when your team loses. I fundamentally believe we are free people, and ultimately free, good, decent people are good for the world. We need government for when the free people who are evil would try to attack us, that's what government is for.

And yes, I think someone who lives in the US should speak english, but I don't think they should be forced to, however I think it's acceptable to think it's damn rude if they're not bothered. My country speaks English, I speak English, I'm not going to bother trying to work out what someone is saying in my country if they don't, it's the same as when I go abroad I don't expect people to know what I'm saying and at least try to learn the words I'm going to be using."

"I can belong to a side and not share all of it's views. Is that so shocking?

My stance on immigration is that if it's good for the country in terms of economy and social growth sure, however I believe immigrants have a moral responsibility to assimilate the culture they join. I'm a British guy, if I for some reason moved to Pakistan or Russia or wherever for example I would change my behavior according out of respect for their traditions/ customs, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect that of everyone."

Those are just a few from a single thread.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...nett+migration

You. Are. Welcome.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

For misrepresentation and smearing

Watch it happen
    I'm going by what he literally said. Period.

It's funny how that seems to offend you so much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    all macho can do is what he is doing, any bit of reasoning applied to the context of the text message makes it clear Milo just dismissing the reporter.
    "What he meant was..."

You guys seem to do that a lot for people.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    Milo and Trump - the media is the enemy of the people, I hope they get shot, etc. "What he meant was...it's just a joke, guys!"

Maxine Waters - harrass Trump's cabinet members (for the record, which I don't agree with) "She's advocating for violence and armed revolt!!!!"

Man, the right sure have taken over the mantle of victim complex.
    Honestly, the right has long loved to pretend to be victims. They tried to play it when slavery ended, when segregation ended, when women were allowed to vote, when interracial marriage was legalized, when gay marriage was legalized...

They are very sensitive.

Wow, I'm really flattered you thought they were good enough to quote (most of my points are)

However, there is a critical flaw with your plan here.

None of those quotes are remotely nationalist.

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder, do you even know what country I'm from?
    Oh, it's adorable that you are dodging. Then again, I don't expect you to understand, since you also claim to be a libertarian...

I love backing up my claims, it feels great.

What am I dodging? From the quotes you chose to supply us with - where in your opinion am I being nationalist?

- - - Updated - - -

Ironically the only thing you seem to hate doing is backing up your claims
    I literally backed up my claim. Now you are flat out lying. So sad for you.

"What he meant was..."

You guys seem to do that a lot for people.
    You got nothing outside of a private text taken out of context.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    if you're buying from a ffl dealer at a gun show they are 100% required to run a background check at a gun show stop spreading bs
    What?! The fuck is with you people it is like you just want to ignore reality? "if you are buying" what if you're not buying from a ffl dealer at a gun show? oh guess what no background checks which is the loop hole, what the fuck is with you people wanting to defend stupid laws?

No, you didn't. You quoted some things I have said (all of which I stand by) and just implied that I am some how a nationalist. Sorry man, that's just not good enough for rational people. You need to actually say why you are correct rather than just say it
    Once again, it's not good enough for you. You asked me to back it up, I backed it up. Problem solved. You can disagree all you like, but since you claim to be a big-government, anti-immigration, pro-gun-control libertarian... you don't have a lot of clout.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    You got nothing outside of a private text taken out of context.
    I have a man speaking in his own words. It being private means nothing, he still said it.