Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuba View Post
    1800 = heroic quality gear
    2k = mythic quality
    2300 = last boss of mythic quality
    First off, Blizzard said that mythic raiding is supposed to award the best Ilvl.
    Second, G'huun awards the same ilvl as any previous boss.

So, you pulled the last number out of your ass or Blizzard doesn't know their own Ilvl system.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2018-07-23 at 03:48 PM.

This is going to be great. I have this vivid memory from Vanilla, where we just finished raiding BWL one night early, and queued up to do Warsong Gultch. We were a full BWL geared group. We went up against a 10 man of Naxx raiders, that were at least clearing to 4 horsemen.
    Their warrior tank picked up the flag, and crossed the entire battleground with a single healer, and 7 of us beating on him. He wouldn't go down. Meanwhile, their Tier 3 decked out DPS would three shot our healers / tanks / DPS like they were naked.

You will need to raid Mythic to get the best PvP gear. I predict this is what's going to happen if no change is made.

Quote Originally Posted by Osanger View Post
    Gear has no place in those other pvp games you mentioned because they are not MMO's, or did you miss that? The general consensus on the competitive ladder where i play 2.2k and above is that templates and a terrible rewards structure have eroded one of the fundamental things people play WoW for, the power curve of gearing your character. So no those fresh 110's you talk about last about a week on the ladder then give up because they have no sense of getting more powerful the more time they put in as well as improving skill wise. All this has done is create dead spots in the ladder at certain ratings and because of the drop in population it has also broken the MMR system, to a point where if you are above 2.3k you will be matched quite regularly with teams above 2.4-2.8k because there is no one else queuing.

So in retrospect you sound like someone who doesn't understand this at all because you are not playing anywhere near the same competitive level i am describing, so you also have no idea of the effect it is having on the competitive population as a whole. And i stand by what i said, you don't want gear in pvp because you cannot be bothered to grind it out. WoW is not about instant gratification and the more it slides towards pandering to people like you the further the game gets away from being an MMO. If you dont like it, then go pay LoL or Overwatch, those will provide you with the hit your goldfish like attention span needs and leave the MMO's to be MMO's.
    MMOs are a dead genre and WoW needs to adapt to the times or it will die

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gd8 View Post
    MMOs are a dead genre and WoW needs to adapt to the times or it will die
    ~5 million subscribers and WoW regularly being in the top 10 games watched on Twitch would say otherwise. Sure its not WotLK numbers but far from dead.

If you want instant gratification fuck off and go pay Fortnite or LoL and leave the rest of us to enjoy WoW for what it is, its been diluted enough because of pandering to idiots with the attention span of a 2 year old like yourself already.

Deleted
    I came back in Legion (Quit in Woltk) played and grinded hard until mid TOS after grinding 10 legendaries on 2 characters got burned out.. especially with my guild breaking up.. Came back on pre patch and this shit is a cluster fuck now.. it's just horrible for newer players/returning players 20-24khp vs 30-34khp.. impossible to outplay.. it especially bites as most of Legion i was out gearing 90% of the player base and only getting a small bonus from it.. I boosted a rogue and thought it would be fun to do some bgs before expansion (didn't know about templates going) boy was i wrong

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osanger View Post
    ~5 million subscribers and WoW regularly being in the top 10 games watched on Twitch would say otherwise. Sure its not WotLK numbers but far from dead.

If you want instant gratification fuck off and go pay Fortnite or LoL and leave the rest of us to enjoy WoW for what it is, its been diluted enough because of pandering to idiots with the attention span of a 2 year old like yourself already.
    Where Is that number from? I can pull numbers from my buttocks too, look.

2 million subscribers and that's being genereous since It's Expansion pre-patch.

WoW might be the most popular and most played game, but certainly Isn't the most well done, there's many ways other MMOs beat It in It's systems and mechanics and just to name a few: Final Fantasy 14, Elder Scrolls Online, Guild Wars 2

WoW keeps half of It's population only because most of them don't WANT to pay money to play the game, those people still have a ton of WoW tokens from the time It was first implemented and they costed 35k gold as opposed to today's 350k gold pricetag and that's only EU. America and Asia have much lower prices. Those people have bought tons of tokens and can play for years on end without paying a single dime because making gold in WoD was a joke, and anyone who jumped on that bandwagon had funding for years of WoW sub time as I've mentioned.

WoW is in this half-free to play mode where It's not really F2P but It Is. I mean literally the people who say they pllay with a token will not play unless they use tokens, so the game's not even worth putting money into from their own fans Is what they're saying. And It's not, 13 euros sub for having time gated nonsense ontop of bad content patches and expansions ever since WoD Is unforgivably bad.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    Where Is that number from? I can pull numbers from my buttocks too, look.

2 million subscribers and that's being genereous since It's Expansion pre-patch.

WoW might be the most popular and most played game, but certainly Isn't the most well done, there's many ways other MMOs beat It in It's systems and mechanics and just to name a few: Final Fantasy 14, Elder Scrolls Online, Guild Wars 2

WoW keeps half of It's population only because most of them don't WANT to pay money to play the game, those people still have a ton of WoW tokens from the time It was first implemented and they costed 35k gold as opposed to today's 350k gold pricetag and that's only EU. America and Asia have much lower prices. Those people have bought tons of tokens and can play for years on end without paying a single dime because making gold in WoD was a joke, and anyone who jumped on that bandwagon had funding for years of WoW sub time as I've mentioned.

WoW is in this half-free to play mode where It's not really F2P but It Is. I mean literally the people who say they pllay with a token will not play unless they use tokens, so the game's not even worth putting money into from their own fans Is what they're saying. And It's not, 13 euros sub for having time gated nonsense ontop of bad content patches and expansions ever since WoD Is unforgivably bad.
    I've played those games and still think WoW does it better from my perspective from what i get out of the game.

Never the less you are entitled to your own opinion, so go play those games and be happy instead of being salty on the forums, which you clearly are judging by your hilarious signature..........................you sound like you mad bro????

Need a hug??

Instead of templates, they have enabled an obfuscated system that changes behind the scenes the damage you deal to / take from other players.

A 20k HP player has approximately 30% damage taken reduction and 43% damage dealt bonus against a 32k HP player.
    The geared player has still an obvious advantage against the ungeared one, but it is somewhat dampened.